• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

GatorBait

Anyone remember the general time frame on when Nexus leaks started occurring in the past? I'm getting antsy about the prospects of finally upgrading my Nexus 5.

John Blade

Just wondering if the Nvidia Shield Tablet is still worth looking into for a good gaming tablet or is they other tablet that is as good as the shield at a lower price or wait for a bit to see if Nvidia will announced another gaming tablet on the market.

Broman1978

Why cant I install Xbox Music or Spotify on my SDcard on my Xperia M4?
Am I doing something wrong?
Coming from Windows Phone so I´m kinda new to how it works on Android =P

Just wondering if the Nvidia Shield Tablet is still worth looking into for a good gaming tablet or is they other tablet that is as good as the shield at a lower price or wait for a bit to see if Nvidia will announced another gaming tablet on the market.

Nvidia Shield is currently the best bang of the buck tablet, but it has been discontinued so it may be hard to find now.

Also, DO NOT update to official firmware 3.0 (android 5.1) because Nvidia fucked up that update really hard. It may burn your tablet's speakers. The update has been pulled so you can't OTA it, so I'm just warning you so you don't flash 3.0 elsewhere. It's currently unknown if Nvidia is going to update this thing any more, so Android 5.0.1 is the highest Android you'll get.

John Blade

Nvidia Shield is currently the best bang of the buck tablet, but it has been discontinued so it may be hard to find now.

Also, DO NOT update to official firmware 3.0 (android 5.1) because Nvidia fucked up that update really hard. It may burn your tablet's speakers. The update has been pulled so you can't OTA it, so I'm just warning you so you don't flash 3.0 elsewhere. It's currently unknown if Nvidia is going to update this thing any more, so Android 5.0.1 is the highest Android you'll get.

Hmm...I keep that on mind. If it pull out from Nvidia website, does it mean, you can only upgrade to Android 5.0.1 on Nvidia website right? If so, I might be okay. Also, the price for this tablet is quite high. I guess, the demand is still up there. Anyone here still have one and willing to sell they?

Saiyan-Rox

Oh UK maybe different than the US then. Maybe different customs laws that make it harder to get in the country?

Not sure about around the launch time but apparently the delay was due to the fact they had no uk power adaptors. 2 weeks wait for an adaptor that looked like it came from a poundshop.

Lol the reservation list is now showing "Many"

Tbh dunno if I CBA waiting

Honestly, I imagine it looking identical to their Mate 7 phone just smaller.

I'd be surprised if google worked with them on a whole new design.

LPjJClv.jpg

tzare

Why cant I install Xbox Music or Spotify on my SDcard on my Xperia M4?
Am I doing something wrong?
Coming from Windows Phone so I´m kinda new to how it works on Android =P
It depends on the app. Some support it. Others don't. I suggest to upload your music to Google Play Music , up to 50k songs for free and use sd to download music for offline play or cache.
You should also disable apps and uninstall those you won't use. Are you using a 8gb M4? It is a nice device but the 8 gb one has serious space issues.Hopefully future fw updates will help a bit, latest one freed 3-400 MB.

Logo ruins it, why the heck do they need to put it on the front of the device :( samsung has this problem too.
my post from a page or two back:

Logos on the front of the phone are the first sign that a company A) has no taste whatsoever and B) is more concerned about their own branding than they are delivering the best possible product.

It def leaves a sour taste for me.

WITH THAT SAID. Has there been a nexus phone with a logo on the front? Google usually just puts the nexus logo on the back and huawei will have their symbol probably. So we might be good on this front.

Biff

Have a tough decision to make and I REALLY need all your input. I'm completely torn.

Background: An issue with my carrier (I live in Canada) has prevented a subsidized upgrade to the newest flagships without significant expense on my part. So I have to turn to last gen phones instead.

Here are my choices (both brand new):

- LG G3 (32GB) for C$450
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (16GB) for C$450

My #1 gripe with phones is battery life. I hated my S3 battery life so much that I bought a massive 3,000 mAh brick battery which made the phone twice as thick. Not one of my prouder moments but now I get through a day without issue. Outside of the battery, I loved my S3.

Thanks in advance!!!

Have a tough decision to make and I REALLY need all your input. I'm completely torn.

Background: An issue with my carrier has prevented a subsidized upgrade to the newest flagships without significant expense on my part. So I have to turn to last gen phones instead.

- LG G3 (32GB) for $450
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (16GB) for $450

My #1 gripe with phones is battery life. I hated my S3 battery life so much that I bought a massive 3,000 mAh brick battery which made the phone twice as thick. Not one of my prouder moments but now I get through a day without issue. Outside of the battery, I loved my S3.

Thanks in advance!!!
if those are the choices then it's a no brainer G3 purchase for bettery battery and whatnot.

Background: An issue with my carrier (I live in Canada) has prevented a subsidized upgrade to the newest flagships without significant expense on my part. So I have to turn to last gen phones instead.

- LG G3 (32GB) for C$450

Thanks in advance!!!
G3 has a better camera and twice the storage. Though LG's skin is fugly.

tzare

- LG G3 (32GB) for C$450

Thanks in advance!!!
Standard S5 or the one with SD805?

- LG G3 (32GB) for C$450

Thanks in advance!!!

Try a OnePlus One. Cheaper and better than both of those.

Biff

if those are the choices then it's a no brainer G3 purchase for bettery battery and whatnot.

G3 has a better camera and twice the storage. Though LG's skin is fugly.

Try a OnePlus One. Cheaper and better than both of those.

Much appreciated all. Unfortunately don't have time to wait for the OnePlus as my primary phone is dead and I need a replacement ASAP.

Standard S5 or the one with SD805?

Standard.

Saiyan-Rox

Gah looking at that and thinking that could be the next nexus is exciting.

Also every time I open the YouTube app I sit there trying to swipe open the menu then realize after a few attempts it's gone...why Goog...WHY!!!?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

I have the shield tablet and I got the 3.0 OTA before it got pulled. My speakers are ok, and I don't have any of the issues people are reporting. The worst 2 things I can say about the tablet is that netflix freezes a lot and you have to restart the tablet to keep using it and "tegra". I still think bang for buck is the best tablet at 7/8".

Groof

Huawei been having nice ass phones for a little while now. The one I posted was the Ascend Mate 7. The one I personally think the Nexus phone is using as a base. There's also the P8:
My friend has this. It's a very solidly built phone and feels good in the hands. Software is very meh though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I admit I'll get the new Nexus and not deny it like I did last year.

Camera any good?
they supposedly have solid cameras. Hopefully the processing software is on point.

I admit I'll get the new Nexus and not deny it like I did last year.
I'm still in dilemma mode if there is 2. Depends how gimped the LG nexus is.

My friend has this. It's a very solidly built phone and feels good in the hands. Software is very meh though.
Not sure why Huawei goes with such a thick skin. They should take note of ZTE's skin.

Reckoner

Just make Nexus 5 with a 64 bit chip, 3gb, LCD accurate screen, decent speaker, 5 inches, decent camera, soft touch rubbery build looking like the old one and I'll definitely get one.

I'm already selling my 6 just to get ready for what Google and Moto may bring. But I'm probably putting aside Moto since I'm tired of saturated oled screens.

Just make Nexus 5 with a 64 bit chip, 3gb, LCD accurate screen, decent speaker, 5 inches, decent camera, soft touch rubbery build looking like the old one and I'll definitely get one.

I'm already selling my 6 just to get ready for what Google and Moto may bring. But I'm probably putting aside Moto since I'm tired of saturated oled screens.
They should have nothing "decent". They should strive for excellence in all areas.

jay23

they supposedly have solid cameras. Hopefully the processing software is on point.

I'm still in dilemma mode if there is 2. Depends how gimped the LG nexus is.

Not sure why Huawei goes with such a thick skin. They should take note of ZTE's skin.

Is the huawei phone suppose to be the premium version if there is 2? I've never heard of them before so hopefully they have some good hardware their phone designs look great tho.

I'm waiting for the new nexus like a lot of you, still rocking the nexus 4 but my battery life is shit.

Is the huawei phone suppose to be the premium version if there is 2? I've never heard of them before so hopefully they have some good hardware their phone designs look great tho.

I'm waiting for the new nexus like a lot of you, still rocking the nexus 4 but my battery life is shit.
well the huawei nexus is definitely going to carriers so it's likely to be higher priced right out of the gate which means it will likely have the better specs. Also the evleaks rumour puts it at top notch specs as well.

No concrete leaks on the LG nexus except a codename and a bunch of maybes.

well the huawei nexus is definitely going to carriers so it's likely to be higher priced right out of the gate which means it will likely have the better specs. Also the evleaks rumour puts it at top notch specs as well.

No concrete leaks on the LG nexus except a codename and a bunch of maybes.
I hope this is true. Google pls.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Put in camp with AJ that that I'm really feeling that No Nexus tablet this year.

They need to get the Nexus 9 down in price, but fucking nothing uses the Nvidia chipset so we fucked.

Top Bottom