• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

are you sure they're even going to let you upgrade when your contract is up? People on those old promo plans are being forced onto newer plans if you upgrade. Only choice is to buy your next phone off contract. Unless Telus told you otherwise recently....

Or are you saying you know you're going to have to switch plans. In which case don't worry, they'll let you keep using that one as long as you don't upgrade.

I know when I upgrade I'll have to switch plans to something more expensive. But my actual contract is over next month, which is why I'm confused

Fuck I forgot how annoying the OP forum is to go on especially around the launch time.

Nothing but new users Invite begging (even when there are none yet!)
Saying their phones are broken/out of date so they want a new one
Posting the same shitty pictures over and over

Don't forget all the "women" that suddenly start appearing in the introduce yourself forum.

Saiyan-Rox

Don't forget all the "women" that suddenly start appearing in the introduce yourself forum.

oh yes of course I just blanked that from my memory.

"I'm a petite blonde with double D breasts and my phone fell between my legs and I crushed it,

I'd be so happy for an invite *wink*"

Or something around those lines *bangshead*

That forum is just unbearable can't wait for the post bots to appear in the invite sub-forum

I know when I upgrade I'll have to switch plans to something more expensive. But my actual contract is over next month, which is why I'm confused
you're fine then. You can keep using your plan once the contract is over and then when a phone you want is out just do an upgrade and make the plan switch. They don't force you to upgrade when you're plan is over. YOu just switch from on contract to month to month.

oh yes of course I just blanked that from my memory.

Or something around those lines *bangshead*

That forum is just unbearable can't wait for the post bots to appear in the invite sub-forum

They probably already had bots hitting the reservation list. The phone is popular but that thing already had 30k emails on it within a couple of hours. Probably resellers hitting it.

Saiyan-Rox

They probably already had bots hitting the reservation list. The phone is popular but that thing already had 30k emails on it within a couple of hours. Probably resellers hitting it.

Scalpers will be all over this thing which is another reason I might not wait and just go for this galaxy edge. I was at work when the list when live think I'm in the 30,000 forum level is ICS so I'll have a long wait if I don't wanna spam the forums and beg.

Scalpers will be all over this thing which is another reason I might not wait and just go for this galaxy edge. I was at work when the list when live think I'm in the 30,000 forum level is ICS so I'll have a long wait if I don't wanna spam the forums and beg.

I think it will still be much easier to get one this time due to ramped up production. They said they will be giving out invites during the launch event too if you are watching.

Saiyan-Rox

I think it will still be much easier to get one this time due to ramped up production. They said they will be giving out invites during the launch event too if you are watching.

Still don't see me getting one any time soon tbh and nah I won't be watching it. It's on at 3am here so I'll not be staying up.

Saiyan-Rox

If you don't get the OP2 wait for the Note 5. It is supposed to release in August.

I've been suckered in by the edge gimmick :(

Looking at the OP forums (grain of salt) the last images of the OP2 is actually a new model of the OPO called the OPO life and the OP2 is actually yet to be seen.

Can anyone suggest a good android streaming box for TV/movies. See lots of options for Xbmc/kodi but not sure what's good.

A Chromecast no good??

I've been suckered in by the edge gimmick :(

Looking at the OP forums (grain of salt) the last images of the OP2 is actually a new model of the OPO called the OPO life and the OP2 is actually yet to be seen.

Edge gimmick is pointless imo. Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious that benchmark video of the purported OP2 wasn't it since the specs weren't right.

Saiyan-Rox

Edge gimmick is pointless imo. Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious that benchmark video of the purported OP2 wasn't it since the specs weren't right.

Wonder why they're releasing a new "One" hmmmmm be interesting to see what's going on but I'm not the patient type. The main reason I'd want a OP2 is because of the PA guys.

The edge is smexy though.

Well the edge I was looking at just sold out...well there goes that idea for now.

The state of Android phones is so fucking sad.

I'm praying for a Nexus device this year that you can actually take with you when you go outside

more leaksssss

MuxP2rH.png

I guess Moto X Sport will be the durable/water resistant regular Moto X. The Droid MAXX 2 will be the verizon phone and Moto Surround will be who knows.

The state of Android phones is so fucking sad.

I'm praying for a Nexus device this year that you can actually take with you when you go outside

A Google Nexus with a class-leading battery....First time for everything!

(but that would be great, the current flagships don't do anything for me.)

Saiyan-Rox

A Google Nexus with a class-leading battery....First time for everything!

(but that would be great, the current flagships don't do anything for me.)

Nexus devices always have 1 drawback

Although if that drawback is the camera i couldn't personally care less.

Nexus devices always have 1 drawback

Although if that drawback is the camera i couldn't personally care less.

I went Galaxy Nexus/N4/N5 before I realised that having a smartphone with a pisspoor battery kind of defeats the object. I live in hope that this year Google gives us the Nexus we deserve want.

Reckoner

I guess Moto X Sport will be the durable/water resistant regular Moto X. The Droid MAXX 2 will be the verizon phone and Moto Surround will be who knows.

Take the Droid Turbo/Moto Maxx, upgrade it, release it everywhere as Moto X Sport. I would totally consider it. Sweet battery for everyone.

The Xperia C5 Ultra is looking interesting. Makes me wonder what the Z5 will look like

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/07/26...uide-unveiled/

http://s12.postimg.org/9xm61dhy5/Xperia_C5_Ultra_User_Guide_2.png
I can't care about any Sony phone until they launch that new lighter skin of theirs.

Droid Turbo still struggled to hit 4 hours of SoT. Not a single good phone battery on the market or on the horizon.
the huawei nexus could have good battery life considering a 5.7 inch phone is likely to be big

No, but the One Plus still has the best battery life out of pretty much any flagship and the battery is getting bigger and they are using more efficient parts in the 2. I don't see how it couldn't be atleast good as the 1.
Oh yeah that S810 screams efficiently. It'll be even worse if they go with a 2K screen which still seems to be up in the air.

The best skin gets better.
real talk though, if they release a z6 compact next year that isn't gimped (which they did a good job on the z3c) I'll be pretty tempted to get it. Only if it's rocking the new skin of course.

I'm out of the loop, what's wrong with the s810? Why is it a deal breaker?
so far they've all needed to be throttled to work properly. Which isn't ideal. If they aren't throttled they suffer from overheating issues.

Saiyan-Rox

they basically admitted their skin is a pain in the ass to update and they've been trial testing their "new concept for android" which is basically vanilla android with some sony apps and a few extra features:

Heh so the new concept for Android is Nexus with a tiny bit of Sony.

oh yeah I have no issue with it either I just find it funny.
it's funny because they act like they're doing something groundbreaking.

"New concept for android". Trial testing only in sweden for 500 people lol. How hard could it be. Ah well. Hopefully it's on all their phones in 2016.

Saiyan-Rox

it's funny because they act like they're doing something groundbreaking.

"New concept for android". Trial testing only in sweden for 500 people lol. How hard could it be. Ah well. Hopefully it's on all their phones in 2016.

Really is funny xD but if this does become standard hopefully it means faster updates and with the lack of bloat we could finally have a near enough Sony Nexus device and that sounds great.

Really is funny xD but if this does become standard hopefully it means faster updates and with the lack of bloat we could finally have a near enough Sony Nexus device and that sounds great.
the sony quote was

As we look to shift towards a model that allows for the creation of experiences with real user input, whilst adopting more transparent and open workflows. We believe this will eventually enable us to respond to your needs quicker and easier.

Which is basically saying our skin was a bitch to update

HawkeyeIC

they basically admitted their skin is a pain in the ass to update and they've been trial testing their "new concept for android" which is basically vanilla android with some sony apps and a few extra features:

all android oems decided they needed to 'differentiate' their skin to sell phones. now that none of their phones are selling, might as well make it painless to update the software.

Why is it sad?

Cause everyone knows what it would take to make the ideal phone yet year after year we get either convoluted uis or insufficient hardware.

Just give me vanilla Android with note 4 quality camera & stylus features and I'm good, but nope!

Saiyan-Rox

the sony quote was

Which is basically saying our skin was a bitch to update

All OEM should take the same route and just use the stock Android Look and add in whatever shit they want to that rather than mess about with skin. but I guess thy all want to look unique don't they.

One thing that was making me hesitate on that Galaxy edge was touchwiz and there's no cyanogenmod on it either.

Top Bottom