• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Furyous

y'all still won't buy one

.... Maybe. In my defense I bought an LG G3 after lusting after it for a while. Of course I returned it because my hands are small.

When the dust settles I'll go with either Nexus, Moto X, or OP2 depending upon benchmarks, reviews, and image processing.

Wreav

Banned
I hate Sammy's take on the secondary authorization of an alphanumeric, 8 character minimum passcode. Such a fucking hassle to one hand, vs the iOS 4-6 digit PIN.

Other than that, yes, fingerprint is based.

Is finger print scanning THAT good?

it's one of those things where once you use it it's hard to go back. Typing any sort of code or using a pattern just seems so goddamn cumbersome after using fingerprint scanning. Not to mention other app integration whether it's mobile banking or lastpass or whatever else people use.

.... Maybe. In my defense I bought an LG G3 after lusting after it for a while. Of course I returned it because my hands are small.

When the dust settles I'll go with either Nexus, Moto X, or OP2 depending upon benchmarks, reviews, and image processing.

if nexus/moto turns out to be shit or doesn't come out I might sell my note 4 and get the n6. I tried. I fooled myself for a long time then fucked around and installed cm12, now I can't go back =/

I don't think I'll ever buy another android phone that isn't vanilla android or close to it like motorola does

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Battery sounds decent but no fingerprint scanner or USB C, two critical hardware components for future considerations, means it's dead to me.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Battery sounds decent but no fingerprint scanner or USB C, two critical hardware components for future considerations, means it's dead to me.

Iris scanner is looking promising, we'll see an implementation this fall on phones. For me, it's either that or fingerprint, but those are definitely must haves.

Unclean, unwashed, unbased plebe.
frealz!

And like I said I might be willing to let it slide if everything else is max levels of beast. If nexus 5-2 was a good size, killer battery, well priced, great camera, but no fingerprint. I wouldn't mind dropping 400 on it and just upgrading to something that has it all next year. But I also know this will never happen. Such an android device hasn't existed.

VoxPop

Hah no fingerprint scanner on the X. Moto is done. OP2 seems to be winning the race so far aside from the 810. Liking their plain jane look. Looking forward to the Nexus 5-2. Since they stopped selling the Nexus line at bottom of the barrel prices, maybe they won't skimp on the camera + battery this time around. Still a long way to go till Nexus leaks though, right?

Wreav

Banned
We can make fun, but I am kinda apt to believe Wang, given the architecture changes.

Burn me once, shame on you, Qualcomm.

The LG G3 already exists...

Seriously at this point unless you are getting something cheaper you'd be stupid to pay flagship price for something like this.

Wait for the new chips in the fall if it isn't Sammy.

Hopefully the battery is really good and the bezels aren't too big. Also hope they do something new with Moto Actions.

eso76

The new Elephone P7000 I just got has a pretty great fingerprint scanner.
Claimed to be faster than iPhone 6's.

Phone itself is pretty decent, rather standard Chinese mobile stuff but pleased with it for the price (190$) although it suffers from heavy throttling under stress.

Alchemy

That Moto X3 battery leak has me interested, I really want a 5.5 inch phone with a 1080p screen and big ass battery. Hope more details are official before the 6S Plus reveal so I can compare devices.

reKon

Banned
Well I'd consider it a dealbreaker after using an ipad for a while. Retyping my super long non memorable lastpass password all the time is super annoying on my phone.

Usb-c though I can take or leave. Though a reversible connector would be handy.

dat $100 ipad mini 3 price premium

Ty4on

The new Elephone P7000 I just got has a pretty great fingerprint scanner.
Claimed to be faster than iPhone 6's.

Phone itself is pretty decent, rather standard Chinese mobile stuff but pleased with it for the price (190$) although it suffers from heavy throttling under stress.
China measures speed in cores :p

Looks OK (same CPU cluster is sold in some flagships :p ), but makes me wish you could change the clock speed and disable cores to preserve some battery and prevent throttling/skinburn.

Only Nexii reveals left after that for the year.
My grammar nazi has gone nuts over this: Plural of nexus in original Latin (where -us usually turns into -i in plural) is actually nexus. Needless to say it's the same in English.
Nexi and Nexii look a lot cooler though.

6b1394a6jw1eui6wj5604j21400u040h.jpg

36 more minutes!

Launching 8/4.

At 450 it destroys the ZTE phone. Guess we'll see what the Moto X sport is priced at and what it contains.

450 aint cheap though. Canadian it's probably 500 something.

Saiyan-Rox

hey wait I assume if we actually manage to order one of these it'll not be shipped from a warehouse in the corresponding location? like if I where to buy one it wouldn't ship from the UK and i'd be wacked with custom charges?

hey wait I assume if we actually manage to order one of these it'll not be shipped from a warehouse in the corresponding location? like if I where to buy one it wouldn't ship from the UK and i'd be wacked with custom charges?

I think they ship from the warehouse from your country now in most places now that they have them in place. I know they have one set up in the USA in California.

Top Bottom