• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
qHD with an 3,000 mAh battery worries me, but other than that, bravo, Motorola.

Also, the Moto X Play not coming to the US reeks of Verizon shenanigans. The rumored Droid Maxx 2 is probably based on it. We saw a similar thing with the Maxx 1. Everyone else got the GSM version; the US did not.

Yup watch it be called the DROID MAXX^3

Saiyan-Rox

Yep. I would've liked to try out a finger print scanner. It's weird that they decided against including one.

Yeah it and USB type - C are the must haves atm

I'll stick with the OP2 for now though getting the Moto X will feel like getting a smaller N6 since the front looks the same.

tzare

Lol Motorola using SD410 for G and 615 for Xplay.
Well at least the camera on the G may be worth for the price though.
The Style look really nice.

zewone

Moto X Pure is a win.

Don't think there's enough difference between my N6 and it or the OnePlus2 to upgrade/switch at this point.

I'll hold out for Huawai Nexus announcement.

Its USB 2.0 however. Just an fyi

Not that it really matters. But speaking of their Type C port, what happened to this?

"We’ve made further improvements on top of the USB Type C standard that we have patented and that will be exclusive to OnePlus. We don’t want to spoil the surprise, so tune into the OnePlus 2 launch to find out more!”"

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Lol Motorola using SD410 for G and 615 for Xplay.
Well at least the camera on the G may be worth for the price though.
The Style look really nice.

Moto needed to make the 2 gig version of the G be what they want the Play to be.

Instead this just creates market confusion.

The 2 gig version of the G still ships with the slow ass 410 for more than $200. Meanwhile the Play is $300 with 16 gigs and puts it too close $$$ wise to the rest of the market.

Maiar_m

At least the Moto X price are right, right out the bat for once.

Still, can't deal with a phone that big, I already feels stupid with the N5 in my pocket and I'm not planning to get anything bigger. Huawei Nexus will be a beast, so far LG nexus us an urban legend...I'll have to hope my N5 stays alive on more year (it won't, it already shows its age)

At $500 is it even worth it at this point? The whole point is the pricing at $400.

$500 gets it in the realm of all of the other flagships.
Why not? Pricing will go up because of storage; it's inevitable. There aren't any comparable phones yet, aside from the One Plus Two, which is significantly cheaper.

Vanillalite

You're headed to the realm of all the other flagships with the 808 and 3000 battery and no fingerprint sensor or USB-C that Android GAF tried to argue with me were essential for a flagship going forward?

You can already get the M9 and the G4 for less than $500.

PS: At this point if you are paying more than $400 for an Android device you best just wait for the fall lineup.

kinggroin

Banned
At $500 is it even worth it at this point? The whole point is the pricing at $400.

$500 gets it in the realm of all of the other flagships.

Puts it a liiiittle cheaper than a 64GB G4 theoretically. So it'd be like, UI and size preference at that point I imagine.

(No one wants the M9 son)

Vanillalite

Puts it a liiiittle cheaper than a 64GB G4 theoretically. So it'd be like, UI and size preference at that point I imagine.

(No one wants the M9 son)

I don't disagree, but nobody was recommending the G4 before today either. Also the G4 screen is better than the cheap panel in the Pure.

If you are gonna drop $500 on a phone wait for the Note and Nexus to drop then check out the pricing of EVERYTHING at that point.

Furyous

Moto X Pure is 5.7 inches and has a TFT display. The X Play is a flagship with One Touch Idol 3 with a bigger battery, better camera, and better image processing.

One Plus Two has the perfect design IMHO but lacks NFC, microsd, IR blaster, and has a USB 3.0 connection. This wouldn't be that bad last year but Android Pay comes out this year. What is One Plus workaround for this? Really interested to see how thoroughly they implement Android M. Their skin is lightweight so it should be stock with small add-ons.

Fuck this I'm ranting because everyone dun fucked up. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PRODUCE A 5.2 INCH SMARTPHONE WITH NFC, MICROSD CARD SLOT, IR BLASTER, USB 3.0, GREAT CAMERA, EXCELLENT IMAGE PROCESSING, AND LONG BATTERY LIFE? All Motorola had to do was update Moto X with an IR blaster and microsd card slot.

kinggroin

Banned
Moto X Pure is 5.7 inches and has a TFT display. The X Play is a flagship with One Touch Idol 3 with a bigger battery, better camera, and better image processing.

One Plus Two has the perfect design IMHO but lacks NFC, microsd, IR blaster, and has a USB 3.0 connection. This wouldn't be that bad last year but Android Pay comes out this year. What is One Plus workaround for this? Really interested to see how thoroughly they implement Android M. Their skin is lightweight so it should be stock with small add-ons.

Fuck this I'm ranting because everyone dun fucked up. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PRODUCE A 5.2 INCH SMARTPHONE WITH NFC, MICROSD CARD SLOT, IR BLASTER, USB 3.0, GREAT CAMERA, EXCELLENT IMAGE PROCESSING, AND LONG BATTERY LIFE? All Motorola had to do was update Moto X with an IR blaster and microsd card slot.

Money is why. Those specs would mean a no compromise smartphone and well, who's wanting to pay premium prices for an Android phone?

hitgirl

What's the need for NFC? Learn me.

Your name is so aptly put right now.

jwk94

So do we know what the IP rating is on the Moto X Style? I'd like to be able to run it under some water or text in the shower if needbe.

injurai

Banned
So I took a video on vacation and I can no longer find it in my Photos. It's not in the trash either. It's simply missing. I'm at a loss of what to do, but I really want the video back... Not sure if it exists in maybe some cloud backup or what. Can you "hide" videos or pictures? Is that a thing? Please help.

Wreav

Banned
Glad Moto is balling out with their camera. I have a feeling the 6S camera will be second tier the moment it comes out, if they stick to 12mp.

Vanillalite

Glad Moto is balling out with their camera. I have a feeling the 6S camera will be second tier the moment it comes out, if they stick to 12mp.

Apple software tends to win out. That's been the biggest issue for Android cameras in general.

You're headed to the realm of all the other flagships with the 808 and 3000 battery and no fingerprint sensor or USB-C that Android GAF tried to argue with me were essential for a flagship going forward?

You can already get the M9 and the G4 for less than $500.

PS: At this point if you are paying more than $400 for an Android device you best just wait for the fall lineup.
I questioned the necessity for a fingerprint scanner but the Moto X seems like a better phone than either of those. But you're right; we should wait to see the Nexus and Note 5.

Talon

Moto updated their page to include Moto X 2014 in the product line. They must be planning on continuing to sell the Moto X 2014 at the $299 price point for a while.

Top Bottom