• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I know this is the worst time to be asking but does anyone know anything about BLU phones? Do they run well?

All these new phone announcements are nice but I just need a phone to tie me over and then I can worry about investing 300-500 dollars in a phone.

Right now I just need something probably 99 and under. I really like the One Touch Idol 3 but at the very moment Ill prob spend 125 max.

Any suggestions?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I know this is the worst time to be asking but does anyone know anything about BLU phones? Do they run well?

All these new phone announcements are nice but I just need a phone to tie me over and then I can worry about investing 300-500 dollars in a phone.

Right now I just need something probably 99 and under. I really like the One Touch Idol 3 but at the very moment Ill prob spend 125 max.

Any suggestions?

Moto E

#Done

this_guy

Any suggestions?

Blu phones never have all the necessary LTE bands for AT&T or T-Mobile. Blu takes generic phones from the Chinese market and rebrand them over here without changing anything. You'll find models that support some LTE, but reception won't be optimised for the US market.

OP2 still seems like the better backup option to me if the nexuseses suck but honestly the nexuses would have to be pretty bad for me to consider anything that's been announced recently. I know for a fact that (on paper) unless something changes the huawei nexus will deliver. I just hope the LG nexus is good too.

Not that it really matters. But speaking of their Type C port, what happened to this?

"We’ve made further improvements on top of the USB Type C standard that we have patented and that will be exclusive to OnePlus. We don’t want to spoil the surprise, so tune into the OnePlus 2 launch to find out more!”"

Carl explained it during the reveal. Basically the other end of the type c cable is reversable as well :/

Noema

It's so weird to me that the 1GB Moto G even exists at all, specially since the Moto E is a thing. Are they going to phase out the Moto E in favor of the cheaper G? That'd be super confusing to consumers. I also wonder about the availability of the 2GB model in most regions. I'd rather have a shittier camera and more RAM. Android with 1GB of RAM is just not fun.

In 2013 the Moto G was a steal for $190. In 2015, $190 for a slightly warmed up package (better camera and larger screen, SoC's faster by a hair) is a head-scratcher, specially in light of stuff like the ZenFone 2.

I think one of the reasons Moto can get away with this is availability and distribution. Their phones are for sale with retailers all around the world, both off and on contract. Most people don't know any better and just buy what's available. And people know and trust the Moto brand.

Stuff like the ZenFone 2 or OP2 is much harder to get, specially the latter which is like a mythical creature. This is particularly true in the developing world, where people are less likely to buy stuff online and have less access to information.

Groof

Can't unsee on the Moto X style

Untitled.png

Noema

I'd much rather get an OP2 or a 4GB Zenfone 2, but I have a much better chance of catching the boubonic plage than getting the former and the logistics and added cost of importing the latter mean that I'll most likely end up buying the X Play, since I'll be able to just walk to a retailer and buy it or order it directly from Moto with no hassle.

OP2 still seems like the better backup option to me if the nexuseses suck but honestly the nexuses would have to be pretty bad for me to consider anything that's been announced recently. I know for a fact that (on paper) unless something changes the huawei nexus will deliver. I just hope the LG nexus is good too.

Carl explained it during the reveal. Basically the other end of the type c cable is reversable as well :/

You gonna wait 3hrs and 20 mins to charge your phone to 100%? I know iIve said it before. I just wanna drive it home.

that shit is a dealbreaker

You gonna wait 3hrs and 20 mins to charge your phone to 100%? I know iIve said it before. I just wanna drive it home.

that shit is a dealbreaker
meh as long as it gets me to the night with plenty left since I'm a heavy user during the day I'm fine with it. My issue is that not many phones get me through the day without needing a small charge.

meh as long as it gets me to the night with plenty left since I'm a heavy user during the day I'm fine with it. My issue is that not many phones get me through the day without needing a small charge.

I hear you, I just remember the struggle with my htc one m7 and that slow ass charging. never again. 15 mins and i'm good and out the door these days.

Moto X pure got an 83 (on par with note 4) DXO rating:

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Moto-X-Style-Mobile-review-Style-and-Substance

AndyD

aka andydumi
So Moto G, Play, Style are 720, 1080, QHD and ~5, 5.2, 5.7 screens and $200, 300, 400? Too many articles and cross-naming and hard to line them up.

solarus

Also, serious question, what is wrong with touchwiz on the s6, I see a lot of people mention that they wouldn't consider the s6 because of touchwiz. I detested it on every samsung phone before this but it doesn't bother me at all on my unlocked s6, I disabled the apps it let me and use a google now launcher and it's all great, super snappy and some of the added touchwize features are pretty good- the multitasking is great.

tmac456

looks like a great phone for the price. but 5.7"... ughhh

i'm barely good with 5.5" in the G4.

please Google, bring the ruckus with the new nexus and push me to sell this G4

Top Bottom