• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Furyous

Size only matters up to a point. After a certain length, it's just painful. Plus, it's not how big it is, but what you do with it.

Like always length is overrated. The width is the deal breaker for me.

I have a wide grip, so girth isn't that big of a deal for me.

meh 5.7 inches would barely fit in my pants. I prefer smaller. Don't need people staring at my bulge all day and I don't have anything to prove.

I need a drink and a puppy to hug.

---

It's good to see the backlash on the 5.7 inch Moto X. It looks Motorola keeps selling the Moto X 2014 for cost alongside the Moto X Pure, Moto G, and Moto X Style. This gives them 5, 5.2 but shitty camera, 5.5, and 5.7. *Scust at all these options*

On the brighter side, The Moto X 5.7 inch US version is a competition for the Galaxy Note going solely off size. This puts pressure on Samsung thankfully.

---

What device do you want taking into account the reveals of the past few days?

Wreav

Banned
Dat 6S. Android has nothing to offer on the high end this year (or probably ever again).

X Style/Pure if forced to choose.

Just got home from work and I have been catching up on all the announcements. The whole slew of Motorola's announcements sound like one huge disappointment. I can't stand phablets and now Motorola decides to completely forego making a decently sized phone in favor of going all out in the larger display market which is already overcrowded with every other damn manufacturer.

I saw Motorola as the last hope to get a decent flagship that isn't over sized and they blew it big time. I can't imagine their high-end focused phones have ever sold well, but these latest Moto X's are going to be a disaster. The Moto G also sounds like a mess because it is outclassed in price/specs against phones like the ASUS Zenfone 2.

VoxPop

Which manufacturer is the closest to making the perfect Android phone?

Top tier screen

Top tier battery

Top tier camera

Top tier processor + GPU

Fingerprint scanner

Great looking and feeling hardware

Least or no bloat in their software

Lmao oh god, its Samsung isn't it. Sony get your shit together.

Jigolo

Dat 6S. Android has nothing to offer on the high end this year (or probably ever again).

X Style/Pure if forced to choose.
1FJD9tc.gif

The things I read in this thread

Watch the Huawei Nexus turn out to be a $600 piece of crap out of China made worse by the fact that it's also designed by a Chinese company.

The embedded firmware is probably sending all your data to the Chinese government while the Android OS is sending all your data to the NSA.

Watch the Huawei Nexus turn out to be a $600 piece of crap out of China made worse by the fact that it's also designed by a Chinese company.

The embedded firmware is probably sending all your data to the Chinese government while the Android OS is sending all your data to the NSA.
naw from what I know for a fact and also what I tentatively know, it seems like a beast on paper.

Talon

Our procurement team stopped buying Lenovo Thinkpads after a researcher in the labs department found a module calling back to China intermittently.

The things that happen working at a security company. :|

Jigolo

alright Android GAF, your probably the worst community to be asking this but I don't feel like making a new thread

Lucy
Imitation Game
Ex Machina

Which for the free rental

Articalys

So when are the new Nexuses (Nexii?) supposed to be formally announced, or have most of the details already been leaked and confirmed somewhere?

MarkusRJR

alright Android GAF, your probably the worst community to be asking this but I don't feel like making a new thread

Lucy
Imitation Game
Ex Machina

Imitation Game was excellent, if a bit slow paced. Haven't watched Ex Machina but apparently it's good. Avoid Lucy at all costs. Horrible movie.

hitgirl

I'm getting OnePlus2. Not sure why you nerds are down on it. Fuck Android Pay, pay with cash the government is watching.

Lucy
Imitation Game
Ex Machina

Lucy

this_guy

Lucy
Imitation Game
Ex Machina

Neither of those are great because they all have compromises. I think you should skip those and wait for the next round of options.

injurai

Banned

Lucy
Imitation Game
Ex Machina

Ex Machina and Imitation Game are both some of my favorite recent movies.

Damn that new Moto X Style is banging for $399. Gives OP2 some serious competition, but with Android there are sacrifices and both of these force you to give up features if you choose one over the other.

Lucy
Imitation Game
Ex Machina

Both Lucy and Ex Machina are great! But if you want something more serious, go with the latter. I haven't seen the Imitation Game, so i can't speak on that. Also, here's one of the best scenes from Machina. Spoilers, obviously.

https://youtu.be/hGY44DIQb-A

Also, serious question, what is wrong with touchwiz on the s6, I see a lot of people mention that they wouldn't consider the s6 because of touchwiz. I detested it on every samsung phone before this but it doesn't bother me at all on my unlocked s6, I disabled the apps it let me and use a google now launcher and it's all great, super snappy and some of the added touchwize features are pretty good- the multitasking is great.

some people just want things to look stock, even when they really aren't.

reKon

Banned
Which manufacturer is the closest to making the perfect Android phone?

Top tier screen

Top tier battery

Top tier camera

Top tier processor + GPU

Fingerprint scanner

Great looking and feeling hardware

Least or no bloat in their software

Lmao oh god, its Samsung isn't it. Sony get your shit together.

*sigh* this is depressing

Talon

We're about to hit two years since Apple put a fingerprint sensor on their flagship device, and this is where we're at:

Samsung S6 - Yep
LG G4 - Nope
HTC One M9 - Nope
Motorola X Style - Nope
OnePlus 2 - Yep
Samsung Note 5 - Yep
Sony James Bond 007 Xpectre 45-year-old Abs Edition - ???
Nexus - Probably?

Top Bottom