• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Reckoner

Damn, literally the worst spot for a fingerprint scanner.

If that's what that really is, are they even trying?

Ridiculous right

That's like entering a car through the window non sense. Completely counterintuitive. Hope it is fake.

And yes, One Plus Two is becoming so enticing so fast. If I wasn't thinking on jumping the fence I would probably order one.

If that nexus 5-2 leak is accurate AND the fingerprint scanner is on the back it'd have to be the circle below the top one. Why would the flash for the camera be circular and the same shape and that big lol. Makes no sense.

But yeah like I said that leak is really vague and has like 5 possibilities. I'm just glad that it seems like it's real and happening. and Onleaks did say:

FYI, this drawing was made by a case maker based on very early informations. So keep in mind things could change until official launch... ;)

Reckoner

If that nexus 5-2 leak is accurate AND the fingerprint scanner is on the back it'd have to be the circle below the top one. Why would the flash for the camera be circular and the same shape and that big lol. Makes no sense.

But yeah like I said that leak is really vague and has like 5 possibilities. I'm just glad that it seems like it's real and happening. and Onleaks did say:

Moto X and Nexus 6 say Hi

Btw is there some extensive review on the OP Two to check? On display color accuracy and stuff like that.

I think it's just one camera. I think dual camera is kind of a lame duck on phones and should probably be more so for actual, more professional equipment or items specifically built for it (for 3D, I mean). I could see it be right under the camera and then the square flash on the left.

I do think dual cameras will be the future of smartphones but yeah so far the implementations have been whack. I bet it wont be done right until apple does it with the iphone 7 or something.

Moto X and Nexus 6 say Hi

Btw is there some extensive review on the OP Two to check? On display color accuracy and stuff like that.
those phones had a ring around the sensor and that was the flash right? Good lord that was ugly. Don't think that would be the case here.

lol it is a ugly mf'er
lg-g4-leak-lulz-3.jpg

Look at this thing. It's fugly.

Please post pics of your 6S in September with me, friend.
Yuck.

Why exactly is putting the fingerprint scanner on the back not ideal? I've not seen anyone complaining about that Huawei device with that placement. For big phones especially, I think the back (or side) is better, plus it's natural as your index finger is most likely already chilling back there.

Talon

Why exactly is putting the fingerprint scanner on the back not ideal? I've not seen anyone complaining about that Huawei device with that placement. For big phones especially, I think the back (or side) is better, plus it's natural as your index finger is most likely already chilling back there.
Prevents you from using the fingerprint when the device is sitting on a table.

We all know fingerprint in the screen is the future. Don't really care where it is now as long as it has one. But yeah that leak points to the bottom circle being the scanner imo.

Wreav

Banned
We all know fingerprint in the screen is the future. Don't really care where it is now as long as it has one. But yeah that leak points to the bottom circle being the scanner imo.

I'm ok with that, so long as the screen doesn't wake when a finger is detected on it (if it's not depress-able). So many accidental screen wakes if not.

all the people who complained about hardware nav buttons need to drink a tall glass of shut the fuck up and deal with DAT ASS fingerprint sensor.

HOLDAT L #TeamSoftButt

I'm ok with that, so long as the screen doesn't wake when a finger is detected on it (if it's not depress-able). So many accidental screen wakes if not.
you mean fingerprint in the screen? I figure once it's implemented it'll be done using force touch style technology. Or at least that's how apple will do it :p

all the people who complained about hardware buttons need to drink a tall glass of shut the fuck up and deal with DAT ASS fingerprint sensor.

HOLDAT L #TeamSoftButt
I still prefer the soft buttons yo

Prevents you from using the fingerprint when the device is sitting on a table.
You know what, I honestly didn't think of that. I stand corrected.

Well then, hopefully we get to a point where the sensors on the front aren't as visible like on the 1+2.

Edit: Aside from using the sensor while the device is on a flat surface, I still say the back is better, but yeah.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Nexus 6 back dimple proves to me that the back is ideal for a fingerprint sensor. As long as you don't have to place your finger on it in an absolutely precise manner.

The Nexus 6 back dimple proves to me that the back is ideal for a fingerprint sensor. As long as you don't have to place your finger on it in an absolutely precise manner.
you shouldn't have to, I don't know how the samsung set up works because I don't have an s5/s6 but on the iphone when you add a finger it tells you to put it in different positions so it can read it from various angles and whatnot or just the tip and whatever.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Alright, are we doing these innuendos again on this page

you shouldn't have to, I don't know how the samsung set up works because I don't have an s5/s6 but on the iphone when you add a finger it tells you to put it in different positions so it can read it from various angles and whatnot or just the tip and whatever.

Siri be like

tumblr_lkj1cc39TB1qb0nyxo1_500.gif

Well boys...*sigh*...just switched to iPhone for the first time in 10 years

Good for you, iPhones are perfectly good phones.

giga

So what sizes are you guys rocking? I don't know how you guys with above 5" fit these hard things in your pants without it bulging out, especially when you're sitting. I squat and wear slim fit pants though.

So what sizes are you guys rocking? I don't know how you guys with above 5" fit those things in your pants without it bulging out, especially when you're sitting. I squat and wear slim fit pants though.

Rocking a 5.2" not much of an issue, I wear loose pants so it doesn't feel too tight. I suggest not wearing skinny jeans sense it can be bad for it.

NotBacon

Dat 6S. Android has nothing to offer on the high end this year (or probably ever again).

jlaw.gif

Software with a security vulnerability?? You don't say. /s

Shit happens. Then it gets fixed pretty soon if it's a large enough vulnerability. Well, at least if you're in the #nexusmasterrace

Got a nexus 6. Really loving it. Wanted a big screen, so its perfect.

Just need to find a solid case for it now. Don't want it to break like my nexus 5 😢

Welcome brother.

Yeah I prefer to stay on the new design cycle when I go iphone.

Also samsung's press release is pretty funny from the other thread. They're doing predictably bad. I wonder what they're going to do with the S7. It can't be a refinement because that'll do nothing but continue the decline. They need a differentiator/selling point.

Also admitting they charged too much which any forum dweller could have told them the second they whipped out those prices.

My guess is Sammy will revert to how they were pre-6, cheaper phones with cheaper build quality. Unfortunately consumers don't want a high end droid. If they're going to pay a lot for their phone they'll go with an iPhone.

My guess is Sammy will revert to how they were pre-6, cheaper phones with cheaper build quality. Unfortunately consumers don't want a high end droid. If they're going to pay a lot for their phone they'll go with an iPhone.
Samsung's problem is they can't compete with the ZTEs, Huawei's, and One Plusses of the world. They have too much overhead. They can't revert back to cheaper materials and they can't offer their phones for 450 off contract. Honestly their only choice is to find something people value that they can do better than the iphone, market the shit out of it, and make sure the user experience is top notch (aka keep scaling touchwiz back).

As for what that diffentiator is...could be battery life (which means a thicker phone), could be a new innovation, maybe do fingerprint inside the screen before apple does or something. But you know what they'll end up doing? Thinner phone, 4K screen, typical BS.

Samsung's problem is they can't compete with the ZTEs, Huawei's, and One Plusses of the world. They have too much overhead. They can't revert back to cheaper materials and they can't offer their phones for 450 off contract. Honestly their only choice is to find something people value that they can do better than the iphone, market the shit out of it, and make sure the user experience is top notch (aka keep scaling touchwiz back).

As for what that diffentiator is...could be battery life (which means a thicker phone), could be a new innovation, maybe do fingerprint inside the screen before apple does or something. But you know what they'll end up doing? Thinner phone, 4K screen, typical BS.

The sad thing is even if they found something new I wonder how much it'll help. Big screens were their thing. It's why they came to the top, but once Apple took that from them they had no choice but to find a new place. Currently they're just the "not Apple," and that's probably where they'll stay.

The sad thing is even if they found something new I wonder how much it'll help. Big screens were their thing. It's why they came to the top, but once Apple took that from them they had no choice but to find a new place. Currently they're just the "not Apple," and that's probably where they'll stay.
You're right. From a branding/product perspective they have no identity. I remember when they were putting commercials on TV about how iphone owners are wall huggers. Now they release a phone that dies fast BUT LOOK AT ALL THE WAYS YOU CAN CHARGE IT!!

They used to brag about all their silly ass features and then they brag about taking them away. They don't have a consistent message. If you want to be the best battery in the game then commit to it. If your focus is user experience then stick to it and pimp it to the public and don't half ass it.

People know exactly what apple is about and what they're going to get. And I mean that in all ways: Hardware, software, customer service, etc...

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Hey, speaking of: http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/29/9...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

*ahem*

Top Bottom