• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

CLKTlmtUkAAuRuR.jpg

I still don't know what to make of this. It really feels like a Project Tango phone, if those two holes are cameras. Even if it is a dumb placement, I would prefer it being a fingerprint sensor than another dumb dual camera gimmick.

Jesus that thing is huge, is this supposed to be the 5.7" one?

I still don't know why people call dual cameras gimmicks. I guarantee you all/most flagships will have it in a year or two. Just the implementation has been garbage so far. Everyone waiting for apple to see how it's done.

But yeah those case leaks don't really tell us anything other than that it exists. To me it looks like dual LED flash on the left rectangle, camera is the circle on top and fingerprint is the circle below. And yeah nexus 5-2 is supposed to be 5.2 inches.

but again google did do this once:

To everyone saying the hole is too big to be a fingerprint sensor, you guys know this is a case right? The hole would have to be bigger to comfortably reach the scanner. It may look much smaller oon the phone.

ArchAngel

The Nexus 6 is 5.9", so it is .2" smaller. Talking screenwise.

EDIT: Woah, that's supposed to be the LG one? It looks N6 sized, but perspective can be a bitch.

I read it like this as he put all photos together with the LG leak yesterday: https://twitter.com/OnLeaks/status/626662297386225664
The small picture seems to be the Nexus6, just a smaller and cutted picture to display the case ^^

And if the headphone jack is at the bottom from the cases, I think there is a chance for front speaker - maybe stereo like the N6 :D

Yeah, I called it. That phone with the dual cameras does appear to be an LG-made Project Tango device.

That said, we weren't expecting to hear about a consumer-facing Tango product for quite a while, so it came as a surprise when Google announced that it's working with LG on a device that will be available to the public sometime next year. There were no details about whether this product will be a smartphone, tablet or neither, but the partnership is likely still in the early stages.

Source: Engadget reporting on I/O 2014.

I just want good LG nexus leaks. Will be interesting to see how accurate everything was in hindsight. I feel like the only decent leak we had so far was that the codename is bullhead and it will have a 5.2 inch screen.

Jigolo

I'm surprised how well the 808 stacks up against the other chips sans gpu performance. GPU handles 1440p well enough anyway. A430 is supposed to be 4k ready but we haven't seen any devices yet.810 performance is actually fantastic when its working right, most powerful GPU on the market and very good cpu performance. The only issue with the chip is the heat. I'm guessing QC will focus their efforts on that for the 820 with minimal performance jumps on the GPU side and mainly higher performance with their custom CPU kyro cores.

2015 skip year indeed. I'm curious as to how the last 2 major chips of this year will do, the 7422 and A9.

Still don't get why this year is a skip year. Last year was worse lol. Last year the S5 was fugly and still lame, M8 was a refined M7, G3 was a worse G2, nexus was an abomination, Moto X got bigger and had worse battery, etc....

At least this year the s6 took some steps in the right direction, moto has some decent but confusing as fuck devices, OP2 is solid, and potentially 2 nexus phones to cap off the year.

reKon

Banned
Still don't get why this year is a skip year. Last year was worse lol. Last year the S5 was fugly and still lame, M8 was a refined M7, G3 was a worse G2, nexus was an abomination, Moto X got bigger and had worse battery, etc....

At least this year the s6 took some steps in the right direction, moto has some decent but confusing as fuck devices, OP2 is solid, and potentially 2 nexus phones to cap off the year.

because I don't have phone that I can comfortable use with one hand that has strong specs. It's not like I'm even asking for a 4 inch iPhone size. I mean fuck..

Cheebo

Banned
because I don't have phone that I can comfortable use with one hand that has strong specs. It's not like I'm even asking for a 4 inch iPhone size. I mean fuck..

The majority of high-end phones are only going to get bigger. That trend is not going to start going the over way any time soon.

you and me both. The 5.2 lg nexus is the last hope. Then maybe the Z6 compact next year. I don't trust sony this year.

The majority of high-end phones are only going to get bigger. That trend is not going to start going the over way any time soon.
yeah it's really doing them wonders considering errrybody failing lol

CronoShot

CLKTlmtUkAAuRuR.jpg

I still don't know what to make of this. It really feels like a Project Tango phone, if those two holes are cameras. Even if it is a dumb placement, I would prefer it being a fingerprint sensor than another dumb dual camera gimmick.

If I didn't know any better, I would say it's another Motorola Nexus.

The hole on the bottom is where their dimple is. Camera placement is identical. Button placement (all on the right side) are identical.

Also, it very clearly has front-facing speakers. There's no cut out on the bottom or the back.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Last year was (IMO) the first year in Android land where performance finally hit that gulf of this is pretty much solid for normal tasks that most users do. Improvements on top of the 801 are still coming, but for everyday usability I feel flagships last year hit that mark. I feel like iOS hit that mark with the 5S (sans the RAM issue).

LeleSocho

Banned
CLKTlmtUkAAuRuR.jpg

*pukes*
Why can't they pick the body of the old N5 and put new SoC/battery/camera in it? I had hopes for this thing but apparently it's yet another wasted opportunity...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fucking shitty ass Android Wear that nobody gives a fuck about is the reason we don't have the new Hangouts yet on Android

AH

It’s this particular detail, the Android Wear app’s voice messages, which is said to be holding back the release of Hangouts 4.0 to Android users. The app is still reportedly being tested internally so things aren’t quite ready for the public, but continuing to test the app to make sure things work as smoothly as possible before release makes a strong argument for Google’s sake as to why things are taking a little bit longer for their own home grown OS then expected. Nevertheless, things are likely not too far off now so if you’ve got an Android Wear device and you use Hangouts, you’ll soon be able to take full advantage of it without having to touch your phone.

yogloo

I've literally noticed no difference in performance on my Xperia Z3 between the two..
I experienced lots of stutters and odd pauses on 5.0.2.
5.1.1 is noticeably faster in everything.
I had the same exact experience with my shield tablet. 5.0 was randomly crashing and stuttering everywhere. 5.1 is smooth as butter.

Top Bottom