• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I think at this point I would rather just get a Moto Pure for $399. OnePlus had a lot going right for it but no 2k screen is a fail. I'll still probably buy a OP2 and resell it when the Pure is available though. Are there preorders for the Pure? Sucks the Pure has no fingerprint scanner though. You always have to give up something with Android phones unless you go Samsung.

I think at this point I would rather just get a Moto Pure for $399. OnePlus had a lot going right for it but no 2k screen is a fail. I'll still probably buy a OP2 and resell it when the Pure is available though. Are there preorders for the Pure? Sucks the Pure has no fingerprint scanner though. You always have to give up something with Android phones unless you go Samsung.

What phone are you rocking right now? Might as well wait to see what nexus has to offer.

linkboy

Member
I think at this point I would rather just get a Moto Pure for $399. OnePlus had a lot going right for it but no 2k screen is a fail. I'll still probably buy a OP2 and resell it when the Pure is available though. Are there preorders for the Pure? Sucks the Pure has no fingerprint scanner though. You always have to give up something with Android phones unless you go Samsung.

I was all set to get the OP2, but the Moto X is just a much better buy.

I don't care about the fingerprint scanner, but NFC and the better LTE band support that the moto X has makes it the better purchase for me.

I was all set to get the OP2, but the Moto X is just a much better buy.

I don't care about the fingerprint scanner, but NFC and the better LTE band support that the moto X has makes it the better purchase for me.

I care more about the fingerprint sensor than the NFC, since mobile payments will take forever to take off in the US at stores even with Google making a push for it. All of the LTE bands, the bigger 2k screen, fast charging, and being water and dust proof are all nice things though.

Keep your phone, you don't have to upgrade any time soon. You won't notice a difference from your current one

I don't have too, but I want to;) My OPO still does everything with ease, but some of the niceties of newer phones from this year would be convenient. Even if I buy a OP2 I can easily sell it when the Pure comes out and lose no money or very little on the OP2. Then I could sell that when the S6 or next years phones come out and continue the cycle.

linkboy

Member
I care more about the fingerprint sensor than the NFC, since mobile payments will take forever to take off in the US at stores even with Google making a push for it. All of the LTE bands, the bigger 2k screen, fast charging, and being water and dust proof are all nice things though.

I have my NFC on my nexus 5 turned off since it interferes with the chip in my military ID and causes an annoying, loud beeping.

However, a fingerprint scanner just isn't that high on my priority list at this point in time.

Anustart

Member
So I have a walmart gift card stored in my Google wallet, and walmart literally sells egift cards for absolutely everything except google play? Wtf.

Why didn't Motorola add optical image stabilization to their phones this year? The HTC M9 doesn't have it either. Is there a benefit to leaving this out or is it purely cost related? I imagine a phone camera guru here would know why.

I don't take pictures much but my LG G3 is excellent at it. I would hate to take a step back.

Why didn't Motorola add optical image stabilization to their phones this year? The HTC M9 doesn't have it either. Is there a benefit to leaving this out or is it purely cost related? I imagine a phone camera guru here would know why.

I don't take pictures much but my LG G3 is excellent at it. I would hate to take a step back.

Because Android oems are idiots except for Samsung.

Did the free tier on Google Play Music disappear for anyone else? I can't listen to the radio stations anymore

Mine stopped working for a sec, but I rebooted the app and it worked fine after that.

Why didn't Motorola add optical image stabilization to their phones this year? The HTC M9 doesn't have it either. Is there a benefit to leaving this out or is it purely cost related? I imagine a phone camera guru here would know why.

I don't take pictures much but my LG G3 is excellent at it. I would hate to take a step back.

I'm not big on cameras, but the obvious advantage too it and the lack of implementation makes me think it's a fairly costly feature. I'm sure most forgo it because of price.

So with some thought, my next phone will be the OneTouch Idol 3, Anybody here own that one?

I was thinking Moto G, It does look good but I don't mind spending for more longer lasting hardware.

So with some thought, my next phone will be the OneTouch Idol 3, Anybody here own that one?

I was thinking Moto G, It does look good but I don't mind spending for more longer lasting hardware.
I own one and like it a lot. I paid $180 when it was on sale and even for the current $250 I think it's well worth it. The specs blow the Moto G away for only $30 more and it is pretty much a stock experience with no bloatware and you can uninstall all the apps it comes with.

Should just get the original One Plus phone. The 16gb version is really cheap now.
I think the 16gb version is discontinued. It hasn't been in stock for quite some time.

OnePlus is so hilarious. I remember reading how they improved their invite system and how it wouldn't be such an issue to get one this time.

Hilarious.

Sid

Member
Note 5 pics

galaxy-note-53.jpg

galaxy-note-5-2.jpg

Ty4on

Member
Why didn't Motorola add optical image stabilization to their phones this year? The HTC M9 doesn't have it either. Is there a benefit to leaving this out or is it purely cost related? I imagine a phone camera guru here would know why.

I don't take pictures much but my LG G3 is excellent at it. I would hate to take a step back.
Apparently it had some drift issues on the Nexus 6 so Moto decided to keep it out of the latest X'.

The current implementation also leave a lot to be desired compared to stand alone cameras'. The phones have tons of sudden movements while even quite old cameras just show damped motion. A better implementation probably takes too much space.

iPhones use EIS in video (even the 6 Plus) which is much smoother, but crops the video a little bit and can't do much with photos.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Finally people start to realize One Plus is a joke. Now maybe you'll all stop being so sensitive when I bash them.

jetsetrez

Member
I still can't believe the price on the Moto X Style. I just really wish it had the finger printer sensor. I'd rather a 1080p screen and fingerprint sensor. Maybe that'll be the route the next Nexus goes.

Also, I really wish the Style had the same size as the 2014 Moto X, that thing feels just about perfect to me ergonomically. Right now it's between Moto X Style and whatever the new Nexus offers. $350 N5 pls, Google.

Hasney

Member
Vanillalite posting the Shield Tablet recall due to battery fires over in gaming and not here suggests he want's us to burn.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
A verizon 'influenced' Pure? I dunno

Leaning toward a X Style - looks like Moto finally learned

Edit: Pure = X Style. Got it confused with the Sport. d'oh

Thread realization that OP is an overrated and fickle company. What's even more funny is that the One Plus Two isn't even that good. Unbelievable.

Oh and Moto Pure hype!! Unless the Nexus is pretty damn good.

A quick update on M Developer Preview 3. We want this to be a near final release to test your apps on, but we need a little more time to get it out to you. Please be patient and refrain from posting speculations about the release date. We will announce the Preview 3 availability in this community and on +Android Developers as soon as it's ready.

Posted to Google+ July30th 2015 by Wojtek Kaliciński

Near final, huh? That suggests AndroidPolice's rumor that M would hit in August may have been accurate. Given these delays, though, I think September is more likely.

Where does that leave the Nexus release? Pyro said it would be around October, aka the usual time.

Hasney

Member
Near final, huh? That suggests AndroidPolice's rumor that M would hit in August may have accurate. Given these delays, though, I think September is more likely.

Yeah, other than Skype, I've had very few issues with Preview 2 so I'm no shocked it's near final.

Get that multi window in for the next one though.

Volotaire

Member
I honestly think windows phone sucks. App store sucks. I dislike the look and feel. Their design language isn't my thing. Don't like their ecosystem at all. Not into IE/onedrive/etc....

That entire ecosystem is a no go for me (and the majority of smartphone users it seems :p). Choosing it over iphone seems like absolute insanity to me unles you're deeply deeply deeply invested in microsoft and their ecosystem. Which you can still access most of it in iOS.

Although the Windows Store is absolutely pathetic, I have always loved their tile design language and have used OneDrive (formerly when it was called Skydrive too) often. Perhaps Edge , when it gets extension support and is updated, will be a solid substitute for IE.

I think it's great for giving to a person like my grandparents or someone who is not comfortable with technology (even in terms of the Apple ecosystem) - the cheap £40/50 Windows Phones.

Haha OnePlus throwing a tantrum because of Android Police's article.

https://plus.google.com/+ArtemRussakovskii/posts/1igz22rBvt1

Really pathetic from both parties. Firstly I think AP was overly harsh, article read like some meh hit piece rather than any real substance tbh. It’s marketing for christ sake. Like there’s never been any hyperbole ever. OP lol smh, there’s no need to throw a tantrum and your toy out of the pram. You’re not Apple.

Talon

Member
Although the Windows Store is absolutely pathetic, I have always loved their tile design language and have used OneDrive (formerly when it was called Skydrive too) often. Perhaps Edge , when it gets extension support and is updated, will be a solid substitute for IE.

I think it's great for giving to a person like my grandparents or someone who is not comfortable with technology (even in terms of the Apple ecosystem) - the cheap £40/50 Windows Phones.
So get a Windows Phone if you don't need a smartphone.

Got it.

Wreav

Banned
Really pathetic from both parties. Firstly I think AP was overly harsh, article read like some meh hit piece rather than any real substance tbh. It’s marketing for christ sake. Like there’s never been any hyperbole ever. OP lol smh, there’s no need to throw a tantrum and your toy out of the pram. You’re not Apple.

I'm definitely in the minority but I too think the AP piece was a bit unfounded.

That's not to say OP isn't a shitty, lying company that doesn't deserve your money.

Top Bottom