• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Volotaire

So get a Windows Phone if you don't need a smartphone.

Got it.

Not that they don't need a smartphone, they might want to access 1 or 2 smart apps such as the internet browser (easily) from time to time. Apart from that, that may be the only smart functionality they need.

Also, there's a difference to getting this and a non smartphone in terms of large numbers and tiles for impaired vision, etc.

Although, now I'm describing a very niche audience so I've failed to sustain this reasoning.

I'm definitely in the minority but I too think the AP piece was a bit unfounded.

That's not to say OP isn't a shitty, lying company that doesn't deserve your money.

nah i agree,

OP sucks, but I found the article to be a little unprofessional. I don't think it stated much that wasn't already obvious.

Moto x style is gonna eat OP2's lunch anyway

Not that they don't need a smartphone, they might want to access 1 or 2 smart apps such as the internet browser (easily) from time to time. Apart from that, that may be the only smart functionality they need.

Also, there's a difference to getting this and a non smartphone in terms of large numbers and tiles for impaired vision, etc.

Although, now I'm describing a very niche audience so I've failed to sustain this reasoning.

In other words, with does phone is for a tiny ass niche market.

Lol, Nexus is guaranteed to have a bad battery and camera. That is the sacrifice you make with a Nexus, just like horrible customer service with OnePlus.

I thought the Nexus 5 had a pretty good camera for the time?
nexus 5 camera was just average

Lol, Nexus is guaranteed to have a bad battery and camera. That is the sacrifice you make with a Nexus, just like horrible customer service with OnePlus.
I don't know. I think the huawei camera could be solid. And we'll have to see what they do with the LG one. We said the same thing about Motorola phones every single year didn't we?

nexus 5 camera was just average

I don't know. I think the huawei camera could be solid. And we'll have to see what they do with the LG one. We said the same thing about Motorola phones every single year didn't we?

It is probably still true about Motorola this year too. Wait for reviews. MKBHD wasn't impressed in his impressions.

HawkeyeIC

Really pathetic from both parties. Firstly I think AP was overly harsh, article read like some meh hit piece rather than any real substance tbh. It’s marketing for christ sake. Like there’s never been any hyperbole ever. OP lol smh, there’s no need to throw a tantrum and your toy out of the pram. You’re not Apple.

The guy that wrote the article is my least favorite AP writer and seems to be a real douche.

Here's a pic I took with my nexus 5

nifx7QX.jpg

dawwwww

rrvv

Nexus camera is decent as long you don't want to be pro photographer wannabe.

I mean, I use proper camera if I want to get good photo instead buying phone with really good camera

Sounds like Nvidia is recalling a large portion of the Shield Tablet supply. They have a recall notice sent up from July 2014 - July 2015 due to defective batteries.

reKon

Banned
Was just going to order from amazon. Wanted one for the new semester, but I guess I'll go with the Surface 3 after all.

after seeing the prices you weren't ever going to...

they've been discontinued for months now and the prices have been extraordinarily high

Fatalah

So...is there no hype for the Moto X Pure? I'm confused but maybe that's cause I'm on Verizon and have had an iPhone for a while...

Lots of hype around the Moto X Pure!

With 1 SKU, I'll be watching the huge secondhand market closely! (aka Swappa)

The Moto X 2014 took a bit of a dip in price this week, not surprisingly. Here's the AT&T model:

KsBbck6.png

Here's the Xperia C5 Ultra:

And the C5 Ultra beside the Xperia M5

The original site that had the pics removed them, but they were re-hosted here along with a few more:

http://umbrella333.blogspot.ca/2015/07/sony-xperia-m5-c5-ultra.html

I'm digging the design of the C5 Ultra. Makes me even more excited to see what the Z5 Ultra will look like.

That picture is so hilarious. Everyone looooves these huge phones, but you have to shrink down the apps back to normal size to make that shit usable.

Furyous

Here's a pic I took with my nexus 5

dawwwww

I'm going to find you and pet your puppy. Run up on him/her hugging him/her all flagrantly like that one time I ran up on a chinese police Collie and proceeded to recklessly pet him.

--

That C5 Ultra has an absolute 2014 looking resolution. It's 2015 so step it up Sony.

--

Dropped 30,000 spots in the One Plus two invite list and am FUCKING PISSED. I've had it and need to resort to alternate means to get my spot back and jump people.

I just don't get why Sony is still releasing these random sidephones. Stick to the Z/Z compact. That's IT. This is part of their problem. They never seem to learn. Bezels look good hopefully they implement it in next years Z line.

I'm going to find you and pet your puppy. Run up on him/her hugging him/her all flagrantly like that one time I ran up on a chinese police Collie and proceeded to recklessly pet him.

--

That C5 Ultra has an absolute 2014 looking resolution. It's 2015 so step it up Sony.

--

Dropped 30,000 spots in the One Plus two invite list and am FUCKING PISSED. I've had it and need to resort to alternate means to get my spot back and jump people.

Or you could just get a phone that isn't shitty.

vivftp

That picture is so hilarious. Everyone looooves these huge phones, but you have to shrink down the apps back to normal size to make that shit usable.

I don't see anything wrong with that. It's the best of both worlds, really. I have the Xperia Z Ultra which is even bigger than the C5 Ultra, and I would find it very difficult to go to a smaller phone simply because I'm spoiled by the massive screen when web browsing, viewing media and gaming. On the flipside there are times when it's too big for its own good and using it one handed is all but impossible. That's another reason I'm liking this minimal side bezel design as that'll make the entire device that much more easy to handle. I'm just hopeful the next Z Ultra will also minimize the top and bottom bezels too. On one of the other forums I visit I did hear rumour that the SONY logo will be placed on the side rather than the front, so that could be a sign that the bezels at the top and bottom will be severely reduced... hopefully.

Top Bottom