• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I realise that I'm way late on this one, but I've just read that the S6 Active has a 3500mah battery. Slight difference in size, but that's a trade-off I'd be willing to take. Why are Samsung so enamoured with marketing their products as "thinnest ever", when majority of folk would prefer a smartphone that can make it to the end of the day and a bit beyond.

I realise that I'm way late on this one, but I've just read that the S6 Active has a 3500mah battery. Slight difference in size, but that's a trade-off I'd be willing to take. Why are Samsung so enamoured with marketing their products as "thinnest ever", when majority of folk would prefer a smartphone that can make it to the end of the day and a bit beyond.

Because Apple.

They want to be Apple, that's why

giga

Microsoft, of course.

ukas

only if you hate the person should you get them a N9

Worst tablet i've bought . Super nice to hold and the speakers are great but everything else....Shit especially multitasking and performance

I must have the only good one ever made then. I don't have any of the issues everyone always bitches about.

Saiyan-Rox

I must have the only good one ever made then. I don't have any of the issues everyone always bitches about.

Really? sp you can play music from spotify/GMusic and browse the web without it closing the music/youtube? Can you have more than 2 tabs in chrome open without it closing the other one when you switch between them?

If so your N9 must have been a gift from the gods

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Nexus 9 is a fucking miserable tablet that I'm forced to buy. There's nothing better in Android land. Ugh.

reKon

Banned
I thought that 5.1.1 reduced nearly most of the issues that people were having and that the performance was solid?

Why haven't I read anything about any wide case issues surrounding the current state of the tablet? Everything I've read seems to indicate that everything has improved. I used an Nexus 9 with updated software the other week at best buy and performance was great...

I thought that 5.1.1 reduced nearly most of the issues that people were having and that the performance was solid?
it has for me, I like my nexus 9 now way more than when I first bought it. Wouldn't buy any other android tablet on the market tbh, even though that's not saying much I know.

Still think ipad is king of course.

Saiyan-Rox

Why haven't I read anything about any wide case issues surrounding the current state of the tablet? Everything I've read seems to indicate that everything has improved. I used an Nexus 9 with updated software the other week at best buy and performance was great...

it did get improved by a massive amount but that was because of how shit 5.0 was on that tablet it's insane it was shipped in that condition.

but the tablet can't handle more than 1 thing open still. try listening to music or background play youtube and browse the web? well the tablet will close the music/youtube and stutter like crazy.

Have 2 or more tabs open in chrome? well the tablet will close a tab in the background and when you go back to the tab it'll refresh it.

Saiyan-Rox

is that a nexus 9 problem or a chrome problem? Honest question. Never really used dolphin or anything else.

it's a N9 problem it just seems to want to close things that aren't on the screen all the time when you try to do something else. i've tried dolphin to see if it was chrome and it did the same thing as far as I can recall.

EDIT: I take that back It wasn't dolphin I tried on my N9 it was firefox. Dolphin I used on my N6....

Hmmmm *Tries*

reKon

Banned

This isn't the first time that this has happened in this thread. I remember a while when we were having a conversation about differences between the seemless integration between iOS 8.1 and Android L. I guess a lot of people here have had issues when syncing issues when using another device or using chromecast. Devices I've owned included: HP Touchpad, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One M7, Nexus 7 (current), LG Optimus F6 (back up/travel phone), and Xperia Z3 Compact. Not once have I ever had an issue when it came to restoring my phone and contact information on any devices across the various reversions of android. I've seen some errors wih auto sync before, but it was for things that I never use like Google Newstand lol. I simply disabled and enabled it.

I'm going to go with a wild guess and assume that Touchwiz fucked up things for people. I think my friends who have owned Galaxy devices have mentioned having issues when it came to syncing contacts.

reKon

Banned
it did get improved by a massive amount but that was because of how shit 5.0 was on that tablet it's insane it was shipped in that condition.

but the tablet can't handle more than 1 thing open still. try listening to music or background play youtube and browse the web? well the tablet will close the music/youtube and stutter like crazy.

Have 2 or more tabs open in chrome? well the tablet will close a tab in the background and when you go back to the tab it'll refresh it.

the K1 is suppose to be by far the fastest performing chip on an android tablet. You have that 2 gb of RAM, which should have resulted in a smooth experience. I don't understand why you wouldn't have actually looked into this issue by now if you're on 5.1.1...

no review or 6 month's after impressions I've seen even refers to the issues that you're mentioning. Also, I've used the tablet in person before multiple times..

I would have returned that shit to Google/HTC in a heartbeat and requested a replacement

Saiyan-Rox

the suspense is killing me

The tab reloading is definitely an Issue with Chrome then by the looks of things, Dolphin seems fine.

It still closes youtube in the background when using it but spotify stayed running.

the K1 is suppose to be by far the fastest performing chip on an android tablet. You have that 2 gb of RAM, which should have resulted in a smooth experience. I don't understand why you wouldn't have actually looked into this issue by now if you're on 5.1.1...

no review or 6 month's after impressions I've seen even refers to the issues that you're mentioning. Also, I've used the tablet in person before multiple times..

I would have returned that shit to Google/HTC in a heartbeat and requested a replacement

I have and I'm not the only one who's had the issue of things closing.

I knew it was a chrome issue and not the nexus 9. Google needs to get their shit together with chrome and make it a lot more efficient.

I got mine a while ago and it never had a loose back issue. My old nexus 7 creeked though.

reKon

Banned
Am I hoping too much that they will also announce a new Nexus 7 this year?

Yes. These days Google is really good at creating Nexus devices that people don't care about. But then again, I wouldn't care much for a new Nexus 7. I'd rather them go with the bigger size, which is appropriate considering it's a tablet.

I knew it was a chrome issue and not the nexus 9. Google needs to get their shit together with chrome and make it a lot more efficient.

I got mine a while ago and it never had a loose back issue. My old nexus 7 creeked though.

Even the desktop version is ass right now. YouTube eats performance on it for me.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Nexus 9 is an absolute piece of shit but it's still near the best Android tablet you can buy out there. So we are fucked. I am waiting for that Asus to come out but I jumped on the $250 Nexus 9. My Nexus 10 randomly reboots on a consistent basis.

Anyone who thinks a Nexus 9 is a *good* tablet probably wants a One Minus Two.

ukas

Really? sp you can play music from spotify/GMusic and browse the web without it closing the music/youtube? Can you have more than 2 tabs in chrome open without it closing the other one when you switch between them?

If so your N9 must have been a gift from the gods

Yes? Other than the Chome issue with refreshing tabs. I can play music and browse just fine.

ew1dELI.png

Drifters

The Nexus 9 is an absolute piece of shit but it's still near the best Android tablet you can buy out there. So we are fucked. I am waiting for that Asus to come out but I jumped on the $250 Nexus 9. My Nexus 10 randomly reboots on a consistent basis.

Anyone who thinks a Nexus 9 is a *good* tablet probably wants a One Minus Two.

The best Android tablet is the Surface Pro 3 running DuoOS and running Android apps on it. Truth.

Top Bottom