• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Crisco

Banned
Got a Nexus 6 for a family member and it's pretty amazing. Definitely the best smart phone I've ever held and used. Makes me wish my G3 ran pure Android and had the bigger screen lol. The battery life does seem demonstrably worse though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Got a Nexus 6 for a family member and it's pretty amazing. Definitely the best smart phone I've ever held and used. Makes me wish my G3 ran pure Android and had the bigger screen lol. The battery life does seem demonstrably worse though.
Awesome to hear. Does anyone here who's actually used an N6 hate it? I mean, yes, I'm disappointed as heck in it. But the phone is awesome for what it is.

Hasney

Awesome to hear. Does anyone here who's actually used an N6 hate it? I mean, yes, I'm disappointed as heck in it. But the phone is awesome for what it is.

I think that's the thing with it. Even with it's flaws, it's easily the best Android phone you can buy right now. We'll have to see if that's likely to change after MWC.

T-Mobile may have overtaken Sprint as #3 carrier after all
The technicality is how carriers report inactive MVNO users who aren’t contributing any revenue. In other words: Dead accounts. Most carriers normally stop counting these inactive users once their period of inactiveness reaches between 60 to 90 days (depending on which carrier). Sprint’s policy is to stop counting them once they reach 6 months. And according to Legere’s claims, Sprint has 1.7 million customers who should technically class as inactive and not contributing revenue.

teiresias

Is anyone experiencing broken search on their phone? If I do a search using the homescreen widget or do a voice search, the results page (the one with "web", "images", etc. along the bottom) opens but is blank, no error message is thrown.

Search is fine doing it through the chrome browser.

This just started tonight after I changed my account password and relogged in, a reboot didn't help. I swear this crap and Lollipop in general are going to drive me to iPhone at this rate.

Just to reply to my own post if anyone else is having the issue. I just had to go into the "Google App" under the App settings menu and clear the cache and data and run through the initial setup again to get it to start working.

This next 10 days are going to be so long.

N6 coming to VZW on Thursday, M9 getting shown off Saturday...

Pretty curious to finally hold an N6. I find the Note 4 super comfortable to hold thanks to the hard edges, where an iPhone 6+ seems downright unwieldy. Should be interesting to see how the N6 handles.

Do you have a link on the VZW release date? I am considering getting my mother the VZW Nexus 6.

Do you mind explaining your disappointment? I know you have expressed it before but I really don't feel like stalking your post history.

Wreav

Banned
AJ hates every phone.

Regarding the N6 on Verizon, it was leaked and then confirmed by some contacts I have in VZW.

Avixph

PhoneArena via Weibo posted a couple of images that seem to confirm that the Samsung Galaxy S6 will have a non-removable 2600 mAH battery.

7SEF7dl.jpg

xvnap77.jpg

TeZQHmD.jpg

So for the Note 4 fast charging, you have to use Samsung's adaptateur and USB cable. It sucks 'cause I already have so many of these lying around, and they advertised it as a feature of the phone which it isn't lol.

Wreav

Banned
So, as much as Google wants people to use Google Now, how the FUCK can they not get shipping notifications right still?

They cache the first expected delivery date, then never update the card based on the actual fucking progress the shipment is making. If USPS updates the expected date on their site, update the fucking card! This isn't hard.

teiresias

So, as much as Google wants people to use Google Now, how the FUCK can they not get shipping notifications right still?

They cache the first expected delivery date, then never update the card based on the actual fucking progress the shipment is making. If USPS updates the expected date on their site, update the fucking card! This isn't hard.

Probably because it's pulling the information for Now directly from your email and aren't probing the actual USPS/UPS/Fedex sites. I guess you'd need to get email updates every time the projected delivery date change for that to work?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Probably because it's pulling the information for Now directly from your email and aren't probing the actual USPS/UPS/Fedex sites. I guess you'd need to get email updates every time the projected delivery date change for that to work?

I think there is a 3rd party shipping app that does this now. I remember seeing it in the list of 3rd party apps that are integrating with Google Now.

That being said I agree with you. If the info isn't in the email that's why they have trouble.

Eos

if samsung had to go with a battery that has a smaller capacity than its predecessor's battery, why would they go with an even beefier screen?

Wreav

Banned
if samsung had to go with a battery that has a smaller capacity than its predecessor's battery, why would they go with an even beefier screen?

Does that question even have to be asked? Because Samsung. The answer is always because Samsung.

No you absolutely don't. I use Verizon cables.
Well, what I mean is that it's not a feature of the phone, but a feature of the adapter. I used my Nexus 7 charger and it only charged 30% in two hours

Still, the battery is boss. 2.5 hours of SoT and still a solid 60%, with Google Play radio running in the background *_*

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Do you mind explaining your disappointment? I know you have expressed it before but I really don't feel like stalking your post history.
It's not a real Nexus. It's pretty clear Google did it because of an abandoned Silver program. And the phone is expensive based on the last two phones. Most importantly to me is that the battery life is mediocre for what it is. I'm still happy with my choice but $650 was supposed to make it perfect.

should have gone with the edge.
I really considered it. If it were easy to check out in person, I might have.

AJ hates every phone..
I am tired of compromises as far in as we are. It's not 2010.

Yeah, this limitation is annoying.

Yeah, same. It'll be fine.
I agree that it will be fine but even fine isn't great. I was hoping 2015 was year of awesome battery life. I don't want to read anymore reviews saying "It'll probably you last the day!"

I want "it'll last you the day and then some even if you're a heavy user!"

Lets hope Moto shoves the turbo battery in the regular X. Or at least something semi-close.

I agree that it will be fine but even fine isn't great. I was hoping 2015 was year of awesome battery life. I don't want to read anymore reviews saying "It'll probably you last the day!"

I want "it'll last you the day and then some even if you're a heavy user!"

Lets hope Moto shoves the turbo battery in the regular X. Or at least something semi-close.

but a heavy user could put in like 8h screen on and be like "nope, had to put it on the charger at 5pm!"

Sony should #DoTheRightThing and convert their upcoming z4 and z4 compact into nexus phones just like motorola did with their phablet.

That way when they close up shop later this year customers won't be screwed out of updates and I get my z4 nexus.

Hirai should call me.

ILoveBish

just sit on it until all the stuff you're interested in this year is revealed. Waiting is a beeeetch but it will be worth it going from note 2 to s6/m9/motox2015/nexus7/note5/etc...

Massive jump right thurr.

Yah, truthfully the note 2 works fine as is, i just want a nicer camera and even just opening up the dialer app at this point takes like 4 seconds, i hate it. But its usable.

Dude, I'm totally with you on that, and have my fair share of CM stories, but this is so stable compared to any CM11 rom I've ever used. I definitely recommend it. Big step up from touchwiz kitkat.

I cannot erase the memory's of rebooting the phone to get the camera to work at party's, then having it freeze again after one photo. No sir. I'm sorry.

Top Bottom