• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I cannot erase the memory's of rebooting the phone to get the camera to work at party's, then having it freeze again after one photo. No sir. I'm sorry.

Lol. Yeah loved CM back when I had my S3.

Release notes:
- dialer crashes after 5 minutes
- GPS lock not working
- LTE not working
- using SD storage corrupts data
PLEASE DONATE!!!

The Moto Maxx is being released in India. For those that don't remember it's a moto x that has 3gb ram, 32/64gb storage,1440 x 2560, 5.2 inch screen and a 3900mah battery.

Moto pls. Just upgrade the 805 to something better and release the same thing for the moto x 2015.

this_guy

Wreav

Banned
The Moto Maxx is being released in India. For those that don't remember it's a moto x that has 3gb ram, 32/64gb storage,1440 x 2560, 5.2 inch screen and a 3900mah battery.

Moto pls. Just upgrade the 805 to something better and release the same thing for the moto x 2015.
Isn't that just a Turbo rebranded?

thuway

Thinking of trying out stock lollipop on note 3. Is there any good method for muktiwindow in Lollipop that doesn't require xposed?

Avixph

u08aFzr.jpg

What could this mean?

Quasar

Sony should #DoTheRightThing and convert their upcoming z4 and z4 compact into nexus phones just like motorola did with their phablet.

That way when they close up shop later this year customers won't be screwed out of updates and I get my z4 nexus.

Hirai should call me.

Only way I'd be willing at this point. Which makes me sad.

sdijoseph

So after puttering around for literally 4 months waiting for Verizon to offer the Nexus 6 on contract, I came to realize I probably don't even have enough money to buy it. I caved and bought a 2014 Moto X off Amazon for free.

Holy mother of god, the difference between this phone and my poor, 3 year old galaxy nexus is absurd. It...it actually works. Its like upgrading from a netbook to a $1200 desktop, such is the performance upgrade. No more Google navigation randomly crashing on 6 hour road trips for me!

sdijoseph

He used to have the vzw galaxy nexus... His battery life probably just doubled if not tripled with the X.

Even more egregious than that, I had no idea how terrible the radios in the galaxy nexus were. I got like 7 mbps down with full LTE bars on that thing. I get 40 mbps down on the Moto X =O.

Every time these reports come out it's always from an antivirus company trying to make money by fear mongering. This particular malware requires root access and has only infected phones in China, so your average user won't be affected as phones aren't rooted by default.

you mean you wouldn't give malware root access when asked?

Even more egregious than that, I had no idea how terrible the radios in the galaxy nexus were. I got like 7 mbps down with full LTE bars on that thing. I get 40 mbps down on the Moto X =O.

Yeah that phone was shit besides the native android. I owned the gsm varient after the vzw one and the gsm was a lot better. Enjoy the huge upgrade.

Okay, my battery has finally run out. These are my first day stats. I consider this moderate-heavy usage. Not all the way heavy since I didn't play games or watch many videos, but I did have the screen on almost half the day.

I honestly can't tell if it's impressive. My old Galaxy Nexus would be lucky to get 2.5 hours of screen on time, so this is a massive improvement for me. But I asked my friend who has a Nexus 5 (Five) and he said he gets 7 to 8 hours of screen on time easily. I knew he was BSing and asked him if he put it on the charger, he said "only for an half hour or so" #lolpls

Overall Note 4 impressions

+ The screen is absolutely gorgeous. I changed the display mode to AMOLED Cinema and the colours are mesmerizing.
+ Touchwiz is not as ugly as I thought. *flameshield* I actually really like the colour scheme. It looks ugly on screenshots but with the AMOLED screen honestly anything can be jaw-droppingly beautiful.
+ Amazing camera, and good selfie camera. My old 1.3MP selfie camera gave me a massive beard even if I just shaved. This one is closer to reality after I turn the ridiculous blur off *self-confidence restored*
+ I love the design. It's so simple and minimalistic.
+ Multitasking is great. I keep the Anki ball on, it's so helpful in reminding me to review my flashcards.
+ Fast-charging is the real deal. Can charge to 100% in just over an hour and a half. 50% in about 40 minutes. I've been peer pressured into stop using it by my friends though, I'm concerned for the long-term battery life.

- The phone is virtually lag free but it stutters (just a bit) on Firefox. I'll try the stock browser tomorrow.
- Briefings/Flipboard lol c'mon now. I wish I could change it to Google Now without having to install a new launcher.
- I don't like the physical home button. The phone is big and it requires a bit too much force to push the home button when trying to hold the phone. This is the only thing I find difficult to do one-handed.
- Phone gets a bit hot at the top if I use it for too long. Not fresh cookies hot, but noticeable. Was at its worse when I was Snapchatting, hopefully not camera related.
- Waaaay too much bloatware. Completely useless and unnecessary.

Overall, I'm so so happy with this phone. Its best points are things which are unique to it, so I'm glad I picked this phone over all others, and it's bad points are minor and a bit nitpicky. I would recommend it ^^

Can't wait for my second battery to arrive lol, this phone can solve the global energy crisis *_*

I agree that it will be fine but even fine isn't great. I was hoping 2015 was year of awesome battery life. I don't want to read anymore reviews saying "It'll probably you last the day!"

I want "it'll last you the day and then some even if you're a heavy user!"

Lets hope Moto shoves the turbo battery in the regular X. Or at least something semi-close.

I've uhm had awesome battery life since 2012

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Viewtiful, if you're having problems pressing the home button when using the Note 4 with one hand, have you tried using the side panel key? That has home, recent apps, back, and other buttons you can add which helps tremendously when you're using it one handed. You can also swipe the edges back and forth to reduce the screen to either the right or left side depending on what side you swiped.

NotBacon

Okay, my battery has finally run out. These are my first day stats. I consider this moderate-heavy usage. Not all the way heavy since I didn't play games or watch many videos, but I did have the screen on almost half the day.
I honestly can't tell if it's impressive.

Lol, well.... are you impressed? That's what I get on my N6 and it still impresses me every time, granted I came from 3hrs SoT on my last phone.

Sure it would be ridiculous if I got that 10+hr SoT of the Z3c, but I'm still impressed by 5.5-6 these days.

I've uhm had awesome battery life since 2012

He's not willing to join the phablet master race

anyone know which cars come with android auto?

McLaren 650S Spider

terrier

I honestly can't tell if it's impressive. My old Galaxy Nexus would be lucky to get 2.5 hours of screen on time, so this is a massive improvement for me. But I asked my friend who has a Nexus 5 (Five) and he said he gets 7 to 8 hours of screen on time easily. I knew he was BSing and asked him if he put it on the charger, he said "only for an half hour or so" #lolpls

Overall Note 4 impressions

+ The screen is absolutely gorgeous. I changed the display mode to AMOLED Cinema and the colours are mesmerizing.
+ Touchwiz is not as ugly as I thought. *flameshield* I actually really like the colour scheme. It looks ugly on screenshots but with the AMOLED screen honestly anything can be jaw-droppingly beautiful.
+ Amazing camera, and good selfie camera. My old 1.3MP selfie camera gave me a massive beard even if I just shaved. This one is closer to reality after I turn the ridiculous blur off *self-confidence restored*
+ I love the design. It's so simple and minimalistic.
+ Multitasking is great. I keep the Anki ball on, it's so helpful in reminding me to review my flashcards.
+ Fast-charging is the real deal. Can charge to 100% in just over an hour and a half. 50% in about 40 minutes. I've been peer pressured into stop using it by my friends though, I'm concerned for the long-term battery life.

- The phone is virtually lag free but it stutters (just a bit) on Firefox. I'll try the stock browser tomorrow.
- Briefings/Flipboard lol c'mon now. I wish I could change it to Google Now without having to install a new launcher.
- I don't like the physical home button. The phone is big and it requires a bit too much force to push the home button when trying to hold the phone. This is the only thing I find difficult to do one-handed.
- Phone gets a bit hot at the top if I use it for too long. Not fresh cookies hot, but noticeable. Was at its worse when I was Snapchatting, hopefully not camera related.
- Waaaay too much bloatware. Completely useless and unnecessary.

Overall, I'm so so happy with this phone. Its best points are things which are unique to it, so I'm glad I picked this phone over all others, and it's bad points are minor and a bit nitpicky. I would recommend it ^^

Can't wait for my second battery to arrive lol, this phone can solve the global energy crisis *_*

I think it is the best phablet (and smartphone if you can deal with its size) in the market right now, even with all TW hate, it is gorgeous and maybe the only complain i have is slow acces to gallery from camera app.
Everything else is great, performance, screen, battery life, camera, spen, multitasking. No other phone offers the full package. Maybe if nexus 6 or iphone 6+ if they had some tweaks to take advantage of their huge screens could come close.

I hope the oneplus2/moto x 2015 leak as thoroughly as the m9 and s6 did before launch lol. I remember last year the moto x leaked in july I think and it was 100% accurate.

this_guy

You have a newer phone that can access Verizon's XLTE service (band 4 LTE) which is capable of faster speeds and is also probably less congested than their primary LTE band.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Rumor has it Google sees that Apple Pay taking off and wants to revive Google Wallet from the dead. YMMV on this info.

That damn phone had the worst battery life ever. I went through like 3 batteries a day

It was a terrible phone in general. I'm usually pretty tolerant about lots of things (Windows Phone and Android user!), but the GN felt like such a low-end experience. Awful screen, awful battery, laggy UX in general and especially when downloading or installing apps.

What a piece of shit that phone was.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I love my G3 on lollipop. I get maybe 3% max battery drain when I sleep and my phone is on standby. Shit is awesome not having to deal with random ass wake locks, and then furiously scrounging through BBS.

That damn phone had the worst battery life ever. I went through like 3 batteries a day

It was a terrible phone in general. I'm usually pretty tolerant about lots of things (Windows Phone and Android user!), but the GN felt like such a low-end experience. Awful screen, awful battery, laggy UX in general and especially when downloading or installing apps.

What a piece of shit that phone was.
Haterz. Galaxy Nexus 2 is going to blow minds.

this_guy

I love my G3 on lollipop. I get maybe 3% max battery drain when I sleep and my phone is on standby. Shit is awesome not having to deal with random ass wake locks, and then furiously scrounging through BBS.

That's nice, I had a G3. Now I'm on a Moto X 2nd gen that drains between 18-25% over night. And it's the AT&T version so no lollipop (negating the advantage Motorola is supposed to have which is quick updates).

Top Bottom