• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Ugh, I've got a weird problem. This is on a Galaxy S6 on AT&T.

So the other day, I saw in my notification tray that my Facebook app had been updated. Today I found out Facebook Messenger app has been updated in the tray too. I'm pretty specific about wanting to know what's changed in an app before updating so I set auto updates to off, but these two apps are updated without me envoking it. So I went and checked my settings and in Google Play, auto update is turned off. I go to each app in Google Play and the individual setting for auto update is off. I go to Galaxy Apps store to see if that store is doing it, but I've disabled that app store. So I enable it and go to check the settings, but auto updates is turned off.

So can anyone tell me how the hell Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps on my phone got updated without me doing it explicitly?

From Gizmochina comments in regard to the Nexus specs, don't know if true but:

MSM8976 is not Qualcomm Snapdragon 620
LPDDR3-1866 is not supported by Snapdragon 620
Bluetooth 4.2 is not supported by Snapdragon 620
OV4682 RGB-IR is almost used in large devices, tablets, notebooks etc.
MediaTek MT3188 (wireless charging receiver) and QuickCharge 2.0 from Qualcomm? Are you kidding me?
Marvell Avastar 88W8897 is not for smartphones

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
galaxy-note-5.jpg

galaxy-note-5-2.jpg

Samsung will show us the brand new Galaxy Note 5 at a press event in New York City, next week. As we inch closer to that unveiling, we continue to see the phone via leak here or there, and even in what we are assuming are official press renders. Thanks to sources of ours, here’s another to add to the list.

What you are seeing here is the Galaxy Note 5 in the flesh, in hand. It looks a lot like a bigger Galaxy S6 with its metal frame and glass panels, but it differs in that the back has an Edge-like curve to it, likely to make it easier to hold. We are seeing the S Pen slot on the bottom (which we are told is spring loaded), regular USB port (not USB Type-C), single bottom speaker and headphone jack, and some crazy thin bezels surrounding the display.

In terms of specs, we are being told that the phone has 4GB RAM, no SD slot, 32/64/128GB storage options, and a 3000mAh non-removable battery.

Finally, in the top image, we are seeing a new menu for Air Command that includes options for Action memo, Smart select, Screen write, S Note, Settings, and Instagram. That Instagram icon is interesting in that this could be Samsung allowing you to customize an Air Command shortcut or maybe it’s simply showing a previously used app. Either way, we’re all for Air Command growing its feature list.

Yup.

Note 5 might be the one to cop for the end of year

Note 4 has gotten shitty support?

memory issue hasn't been fixed, refreshes like an iphone

touchwiz recents button and camera app is laggy and buggy as hell, which may finally be getting fixed with 5.1.1. GPS takes a million years to lock on using stock firmware

Even though themes and the cleaner touchwiz UI on the s6 are perfectly possible, note 4 is unlikely to receive them. This phone hasn't been out a full year yet and they're already gimping its updates. If it wasn't for custom roms this shit would've been up on swappa by now

touchwiz recents button and camera app is laggy and buggy as hell, which may finally be getting fixed with 5.1.1. GPS takes a million years to lock on using stock firmware

Even though themes and the cleaner touchwiz UI on the s6 are perfectly possible, note 4 is unlikely to receive them. This phone hasn't been out a full year yet and they're already gimping its updates. If it wasn't for custom roms this shit would've been up on swappa by now

Yeah, I probably would have thought about a Note 4 but it's ridiculous that Samsung isn't even willing to bring the new UI to a phone that hasn't been out for a year yet. Shameful.

Not to mention that the Note 5 looks way less professional and way more fragile than the Note 4. Can't even imagine trying to hold a big, slippery turd like that. GG Samsung.

Sid

Yup,it's weird that they can't even be arsed to bring these features and improvements to a phone not even a year old.

Yeah, I probably would have thought about a Note 4 but it's ridiculous that Samsung isn't even willing to bring the new UI to a phone that hasn't been out for a year yet. Shameful.

Not to mention that the Note 5 looks way less professional and way more fragile than the Note 4. Can't even imagine trying to hold a big, slippery turd like that. GG Samsung.

note 5 has nothing to offer to a note 4 owner and they know it, so they're hanging software and stability over the head of existing customers hoping that they bite. It ain't happening.

So a battery capacity downgrade for the Note 5.....

Goes to show Sammy just cares more about the looks of their phones than them being functional and long lasting. Thank god I'm dumping my S4 this year.

Talon

so glad the FCC blocked that fuckery of a merger with ATT. T-mobile has carriers scrambling to adapt to competition
lol, what?

T-mobile has desperately been seeking a buyer for at least six months now. You've had Deutsche Telecom's COO saying they were looking at buyers for a solid three quarters in a row now. Legere himself has said that they'd love a partner in the telecommunications space.

lol, what?

T-mobile has desperately been seeking a buyer for at least six months now. You've had Deutsche Telecom's COO saying they were looking at buyers for a solid three quarters in a row now. Legere himself has said that they'd love a partner in the telecommunications space.

What country is this for?

Top Bottom