• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Fatalah

Nice Verge article here about Motorola making Google proud.

A Mexican reader left a very enlightening comment regarding the Mexico phone market. I cleaned it up a bit:

Motorola has the balls no one else has. In Mexico, Motorola parted ways from TELCEL, a Carlos Slim company, which didn't sell last year's line. Bold move considering TELCEL is almost a monopoly.

Now, Motorola goes and sells their new phones unlocked and cheaper than TELCEL, and makes the Moto G available on Motorola.com the same day of the reveal. In a country where you have to wait almost 6 months for new phones to come, Motorola is god send. Also, I see a lot of Moto G's in the wild, and people recommend it family and friends.

So, Motorola has the balls -- a slogan full of win. They spit in the face of Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim! That's badass. Forget all other phonemakers.

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
Moto
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

I mean it's decent of them in theory. They figure that people will pay for invites anyway so they are doing it for charity and putting them up instead of other people auctioning them off. When you look deeper though you realize that they should be giving profit from the phones to charity and not auctioning off invites before they release them to the general public to appear generous.

This reminds me of those restaurants and stores that guilt you into donations at the register for charities and then they use them as a tax writeoff.

Fbh

Any Galaxy S6 users here?

I was just wondering if it's normal for the device to get kinda warm. My previous phone (a Moto G) would only get warm when playing games for more than 10 min but the S6 seems to get warm by just browsing and texting. I downloaded CPUZ and under normal use (a few mins of browsing) it shows a CPU temperature of around 50C° (around 93-122 F°). Is that normal?

Thx

Sch1sm

On the latest M preview, N5. This is getting annoying, since Chrome now keeps bombarding me with a "needs to update prompt." I guess I'll try Beta or Dev version, see if they fix it.

Latest Beta version works just fine. Interesting.

3phemeral

Any Galaxy S6 users here?

I was just wondering if it's normal for the device to get kinda warm. My previous phone (a Moto G) would only get warm when playing games for more than 10 min but the S6 seems to get warm by just browsing and texting. I downloaded CPUZ and under normal use (a few mins of browsing) it shows a CPU temperature of around 34C° (around 93-94 F°). Is that normal?

Thx
I've only experienced this when I'm playing Summoners War, which overheats any and every phone I've played it in (I just played for about an hour while charging simultaneously and the cpu temp reads 50C). It's the only time I've gotten the cool-down warning too. Otherwise, it's been fine so far. I haven't really used it to watch any movies yet (that's what my tablet is for) but for Web browsing or reading news. If you're sporting a case I imagine it heats up more quickly and takes longer to cool down.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
One Plus is awful.

Someone give me details on the higher spec'd Zen Pad. I got my Nexus 9 in today. I'm about to flash M2 on it. But remember, I hate this tablet and the sooner I can get rid of it, the better.

I seriously hope you are joking.

because....?

That's very good for this area.

This was from november, before spark launched here.

As usual, T-Mobile’s strength was in speed, where it was the only network operator to score over 90 points in the speed index rankings. This was thanks to having a median download speed of 21.6Mbps and a median upload speed of 17.9Mbps. And, while it’s still revamping its network, it’s also no surprise to see Sprint in last place:

1 – T-Mobile (93.0) – average download speed: 21.6Mpbs
2 – Verizon (88.0) - average download speed: 15.2Mbps
3 – AT &T (87.4) – average download speed: 10.2Mbps
4 – Sprint (79.8) – average download speed: 7.4Mbps

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/11/rootmetrics-network-report-verizon-and-t-mobile-share-1st-place-in-philadelphia/

Going from a non-spark phone to a spark-enabled phone, my download speeds more than doubled, and are much better than verizon or AT&T sustain here. Sprint also has better coverage than Tmobile does in the greater philadelphia area. I can't imagine why anyone would have issue getting 17/12 on a phone.

reKon

Banned
One Plus is awful.

Someone give me details on the higher spec'd Zen Pad. I got my Nexus 9 in today. I'm about to flash M2 on it. But remember, I hate this tablet and the sooner I can get rid of it, the better.

So this entire time you've been hating on something you haven't even been using? This is the stupidest shit I've seen in this thread lol. And I know that people do this in the thread all time, but it's been going on for a while.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So this entire time you've been hating on something you haven't even been using? This is the stupidest shit I've seen in this thread lol. And I know that people do this in the thread all time, but it's been going on for a while.

What's funny is I called him out on it, and he was like what do you mean?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
If I ship back my Shield Tablet to the US and the plane blows up because of it, will I be considered a terrorist? honest question.

btw if it does actually happen I hope it is above Florida.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

What's funny is I called him out on it, and he was like what do you mean?
I had a Nexus 9 when it came out. Check my post history. But I returned it because it was so bad. So it says something about my Nexus 10 that I rebought this garbage.

Come on, Zenpad.

kinggroin

Banned
AJ sold it way back when.

He's also usually right about everything, but because he calculates way ahead, you won't realize he is until he's wrong about something else.

Wreav

Banned
He mentioned over and over that he was buying his second N9.

This fucking thread. You are the users Android deserves.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
He mentioned over and over that he was buying his second N9.

This fucking thread. You are the users Android deserves.

He also posted over and over how much he hated the N9 and he wanted to fight me over it. Yet he went and rebought one.

Bboy AJ

He also posted over and over how much he hated the N9 and he wanted to fight me over it. Yet he went and rebought one.
Yeah but you would keep it. Hold out for Zenpad. I'll join you.

Nexus 9 is much smoother than my N10. This is a welcome change. But these homemscreen refreshes ughhhh weak

Top Bottom