• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Why? Hardware wise it's got the same internals as the more expensive Moto G. Only difference is the screen res and the camera. Snap 410 and a gig of ram for $99 is the same internals as a lot of $150-$200 phones.

If anything I'd say those other phones are the over priced ones.

I disagree but ok.

I'm gonna be so mad if the Huawei Nexus disappoints.

Jigolo

Wow looking back at those old benchmarks and my N10 is still kickin'

\o/ these exynos chips rock on nexus hardware/software

Ty4on

Uh no?

The international One X has a Tegra. The NA version aka the X(L) has the regular S4 Plus. Then the remix version aka the One X+ had an over clocked Tegra for all the world.
The Tegra 3 used A9 cores. Apart from Nvidia K1 and Apple only Qualcomm makes custom ARM cores.
15897.jpg

I forgot about the million different SKUs back then, but remember that Qualcomm also makes a million SKUs of seemingly similar SoCs.
The S4 Plus inside the One X used Krait cores and Adreno 225. The S4 Pro inside the Nexus 4 used Krait 200 cores and Adreno 320. It was one gen newer and was revealed when the One X had already been released.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6112/...agon-s4-apq8064adreno-320-performance-preview

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's a year and a half old phone isn't it? I think the Moto G is overpriced as well, but what do I know? I spend 600-700 on flagship phones like an idiot.

The OG E is, but the 2nd Gen Moto E launched in like Feb/March.

It's hard cause Moto keeps the name the same so maybe I should have specified. :p

Majmun

Did the 5.1.1. update today. Now the parallax wallpaper effect doesn't work anymore. I have it turned on.

How can I fix this? I have the Samsung S6 Edge.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Nexus 9 refreshes more than the 10. I hate this tablet so much, too.

reKon

Banned
The Nexus 9 refreshes more than the 10. I hate this tablet so much, too.

Don't you usually make fun of One Plus users for being poor? If money isn't too big of an issue, you might as well just buy the Xperia Z4 tablet since it's easily the best Android tablet out.

reKon

Banned
Time to buy a Windows 10 tablet.

I've actually considered this. The problem is that I just can't bring myself to do it. The main reason I would consider a Windows 10 tablet has nothing to do with productivity (microsoft office, etc). If I'm at home, I already have a powerful desktop hooked up to my TV and a wireless keyboard (dat couch set up). If I need to work when I'm on the road, I already have a thin work laptop for that.

My Nexus 7 served that I purpose so far and I've determined I mainly care about web browsing performance, battery life, software upgrades and screen quality. The cheap windows tablets don't have high-res screens and the battery life blows for the most part.

I thought about getting a surface 3 and running an Android emulator on it, but I don't think it's worth it in the end. By the time you get all the accessories it becomes way too expensive for what I actually need while not providing good enough performance. I mean why a Surface 3 when this exists?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.313303100

For android/Apple devices, I refuse to spend more than $300 on a tablet because it's just a fucking a tablet.

Therefore, with all of these considered, the Asus Zenpad being the best choice for now. The only thing that it's lacking for me personally is it being a high performer and having a good battery life. The Shield Tablet would have been better, but the Zenpad definitely beats it on design and build quality.

Jzero

I've actually considered this. The problem is that I just can't bring myself to do it. The main reason I would consider a Windows 10 tablet has nothing to do with productivity (microsoft office, etc). If I'm at home, I already have a powerful desktop hooked up to my TV and a wireless keyboard (dat couch set up). If I need to work when I'm on the road, I already have a thin work laptop for that.

My Nexus 7 served that I purpose so far and I've determined I mainly care about web browsing performance, battery life, software upgrades and screen quality. The cheap windows tablets don't have high-res screens and the battery life blows for the most part.

I thought about getting a surface 3 and running an Android emulator on it, but I don't think it's worth it in the end. By the time you get all the accessories it becomes way too expensive for what I actually need while not providing good enough performance. I mean why a Surface 3 when this exists?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.313303100

For android/Apple devices, I refuse to spend more than $300 on a tablet because it's just a fucking a tablet.

Therefore, with all of these considered, the Asus Zenpad being the best choice for now. The only thing that it's lacking for me personally is it being a high performer and having a good battery life. The Shield Tablet would have been better, but the Zenpad definitely beats it on design and build quality.

Honestly, my Nexus 7 was useless and was barely touched since it was basically an oversized phone. Then i got my Nexus 6 and it totally became an expensive paper weight. Then i purchased a T100 Chi (with a keyboard that was actually designed for the product) and the first thing i thought was "this is a real tablet". I can use full sized clients for everything (Steam, Chrome, Microsoft Office) and it's so much better than using every shitty mobile client.

reKon

Banned
Honestly, my Nexus 7 was useless and was never touched since it was basically an oversized phone. Then i got my Nexus 6 and it totally became an expensive paper weight. Then i purchased a T100 Chi and felt like "this is a real tablet".

Well Nexus 6 is huge and obviously performs better so that makes sense...

Also, for browsing... well I have my desktop at home for that and it will slay any laptop I get for years upon years, and it's nice to lay back on the couch and browse.

No phone of mine has ever exceed a 5 inch screen size so the Nexus 7 has been a nice portable size. I've been wanting to go a bit bigger though. My Nexus 7 gets most of it's use when I'm traveling and it works out great because of it's compact size. At home, I use unified remote to control my PC hooked up to my TV for various things or when I'm browsing in bed.

Majmun

My previous phone was Sony's Xperia Z3. I really hated the big black bars.

S6 Edge is probably the most sexy smartphone I've ever owned. And the camera is insane.

everyone in this thread hates pretty much hates Samsung

I know it's stupid, but that's how it is and everyone here also sucks
to be fair, considering how fast samsung sales are dropping all over the world I'd say a lot of people hate samsung outside of here too!

i wouldn't say everyone. I'm still seriously considering an S6 Edge I just can't make my damn mind up
I will actually find you and bitchslap you if you get that over a nexus device if there are really two to choose from.

Saiyan-Rox

to be fair, considering how fast samsung sales are dropping all over the world I'd say a lot of people hate samsung outside of here too!

I will actually find you and bitchslap you if you get that over a nexus device if there are really two to choose from.

Lol! xD

See i'm extremely impatient and the Edge looks really good. Waiting until November for the new Nexii is gonna suuuuck!

I'd be happy enough with the OP2 but even one of those will take aaaaages

reKon

Banned
You know what the issue is here? I've never had to experience the evil of touchwiz since the only Samsung device I've ever owned was a Galaxy Nexus. Therefore, I don't have that deep hatred. Seems like Touchwiz isn't nearly as bad as it once was at least.

Lol! xD

See i'm extremely impatient and the Edge looks really good. Waiting until November for the new Nexii is gonna suuuuck!

I'd be happy enough with the OP2 but even one of those will take aaaaages

get the edge.

820 is next year so expect 808s and heartbreak or a supa hot fire 810.

Top Bottom