• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Honestly, the only correct answer is: different people with different usage patterns.

Hell, I used to be able to squeeze out insane battery life on my Nexus S with the stock battery, and on my S4 I can occasionally squeeze out 5-6 hours of SoT, though I do have 3000mAh battery in it now compared to the stock 2600mAh.

Just for fun, some old battery stat screenshots from my Nexus S:

5 hours on a Nexus S? What?? Was 4 hours of that 5 a black screen on airplane mode? :p

My tip for long battery life is to avoid the internet browser if you can >_> Thankfully I don't usually need it.

Sch1sm

5 hours on a Nexus S? What?? Was 4 hours of that 5 a black screen on airplane mode? :p

My tip for long battery life is to avoid the internet browser if you can >_> Thankfully I don't usually need it.

I CAN'T.
Chrome sucks the life out of my N5.
All the browsers do. I've tried Dolphin, Javelin, FF, man.
3h SOT max these days. Sigh.

Haha. Nope, no black screen; no airplane mode either, as far as I can remember. I was on WiFi most of the time, though, and using the AOSP browser instead of chrome. I was also using a custom ROM (aokp I think).

I'm pretty sure the mobile business is too far gone. No way it does enough to save their mobile bidness.

Kaz is right to put TVs (finally) and mobile phones to the guillotine.

It's crazy to think that Sony may become a Playstation and media company during Kaz's tenure but it's the right thing to do. Many of Sony's traditional consumer electronics businesses have been albatrosses for far too long.

3phemeral

Trying the official nightlies on my old Motorola Droid RAZR and it's great (when it works). Can't wait for a stable build and making me look forward to Lollipop on my 1st gen Moto X.

Is it a Lollipop thing or a CM thing that recent apps are kept in memory even after reboot? I was surprised to see they were still there but I think it's awesome.

tzare

Honestly, the only correct answer is: different people with different usage patterns.

Hell, I used to be able to squeeze out insane battery life on my Nexus S with the stock battery, and on my S4 I can occasionally squeeze out 5-6 hours of SoT, though I do have 3000mAh battery in it now compared to the stock 2600mAh.

Just for fun, some old battery stat screenshots from my Nexus S:
True.
I usually can make 4h or a little more of SoT on my note 4 but i mainly use chrome all day to browse the Internet. That is probably why. I also found that signal strength has a huge impact on battery life too. I'be been working a few days in a place with very low signal and phone drains even when idle.

Wreav

Banned
Case makers wouldn't be given fake specs, which include speaker placement. Give up the false hope, we're getting an iPhone clone.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
crazy thought here... what if there is only one model?

no 'plain' model, only the 3 edged model?
If people think Samsung made the Edge a one off phone, they have another thing coming. They didn't make an SDK just for a one time thing.

j-wood

I'm thinking about ordering a Nexus 6 from the motorola site. If I do that, will it work on Verizon? I'll just need to swap my sim card right?

Does it require a nano sim?

(I currently have a DROID turbo and my girlfriend has a Z3v

most (all?) new devices on Verizon and Sprint simply do not have the antenna diversity required for CDMA voice and LTE data. VoLTE will be how they achieve simultaneous data/voice going forward.

j-wood

Well I just ordered it from Motorola. Even if it comes out on Verizon this week that wasn't really an option. I wanted to use the Moto credit so I could do payments on the phone (since because I bought the DROID turbo I had no contract options from Verizon). Also this way I'll get updates straight from Google right?

Quasar

Kaz is right to put TVs (finally) and mobile phones to the guillotine.

It's crazy to think that Sony may become a Playstation and media company during Kaz's tenure but it's the right thing to do. Many of Sony's traditional consumer electronics businesses have been albatrosses for far too long.

It is weird to think of a future Sony as primarily a content company. At least on the consumer side.

And it makes Sonys gaming future in Japan even weirder. Where will Sony be? Making games for the 4DS?

thinking of purchasing a new android phone, what's the best phone right now? or should I wait a few months and see what comes out? I have t mobile, currently still rocking my Galaxy S4 lol time to upgrade

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Oh yeah. I forgot I had Retro. But I'm willing to pay for a better experience, if available. Particularly if an app will sync saves to Google Drive.

Detox

I can't distinguish between the ones you have listed, I started with vgba and stuck with it. It works for me. Only thing that struck me compared to other apps in general is the dev constantly updates it following suggestions from users etc.

Avixph

According to PhoneArena via MobileGeeks, the following are supposedly the official specs price and renders of the HTC One M9.

Display: 5-inch 1080p display.
Chipset: 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 810 processor.
Cameras: 20 MP rear camera with dual LED flash, and a 4 MP UltraPixel front camera.
Memory: 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal memory, and microSD card support (up to 128 GB).
Features: BoomSound speakers, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1.
Cellular Radio: LTE connectivity (up to 300 Mbps).
Dimensions: 9.61mm thin
Weight: 157.5 grams.
Battery: 2900 mAh.​

BU0mvDe.jpg

e4xp20c.jpg

glIKkLt.jpg

phFEauk.jpg

X54iXDf.jpg

fOpWBA8.jpg

lnNpTDe.jpg

IimC7Qi.jpg

Those leaks directly contradict the old ones. Also Evleaks posted this just recently:

If the Cyberport images were genuine, doesn't it seem likely that HTC would have had them pulled down by now?

Take it for what you will. HTC is already known to be putting fake troll devices out there so it's these mockups vs the other ones. I'm inclined to believe the other ones more than this.

Top Bottom