• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Husker86

This might be a stupid question, but if you wanted to just view the lockscreen without unlocking (say to glance at notifications quickly), how would you do that? Use the power button instead of home?

Hmm, yeah. That or press the home button super quick and lift your finger off (on the S6 at least, not sure how it's going to work on the phones that will unlock with the fingerprint reader, but the reader isn't actually a button). Even then, sometimes the S6 reads so fast that just a tap is enough to unlock.

Kevyt

Asus has not updated its Zenfone lineup to the latest android version.

Asus Zenfone 2 user here and with browser app open and a few other background ones, I have less than 800 mb of free RAM.

Asus Zenfone 2 with 4gb RAM... The memory leak in 5.0 is real... ;_;

gcubed

I think the Moto G works on Verizon. The Pure definitely should work.

No to the pure.

Leave Verizon if you care about using a phone

Asus has not updated its Zenfone lineup to the latest android version.

Asus Zenfone 2 user here and with browser app open and a few other background ones, I have less than 800 mb of free RAM.

Asus Zenfone 2 with 4gb RAM... The memory leak in 5.0 is real... ;_;

Asus has a ton of garbage running in the background that you can't disable unless you root. They are where Samsung was 4 years ago with garbage apps running

gcubed

Ah I remember them saying it wouldn't, that youd have to wait until the droid came out.

Apparently now it does, if it's the same way the N6 did before it officially came to Verizon, good luck with that hassle

Ah I remember them saying it wouldn't, that youd have to wait until the droid came out.

Apparently now it does, if it's the same way the N6 did before it officially came to Verizon, good luck with that hassle

Yeah, Verizon are a bunch of assholes, but I don't remember them ever saying it wouldn't work, heck I don't think they've even mentioned this year's droid yet.

reKon

Banned
Say what you want a bout the company or the lack of NFC on the OPT, but I think the device itself looks amazing.

it does look very nice, but you would think it's the worst android phone ever created based on the criticisms it's received in this thread.

Saiyan-Rox

Kevlar is extremely close.

Kevlar is really close to the soft feel of the N5/9? are you sure about that?

It was the one I was gonna go for anyway.

it does look very nice, but you would think it's the worst android phone ever created based on the criticisms it's received in this thread.

The way the company has handled things especially when it came to admitting there was an issue with the OPO has been terrible and so is the invite system in general. OP also have the worst fanboys and forum i've ever came across.

gcubed

It's the same hyperbole that the company itself uses, so, fuck em.

You can get one, and hope the touch panel works consistently unlike the last one. It's not like the company is known for making something reliable

Kevlar is really close to the soft feel of the N5/9? are you sure about that?

It was the one I was gonna go for anyway.

The way the company has handled things especially when it came to admitting there was an issue with the OPO has been terrible and so is the invite system in general. OP also have the worst fanboys and forum i've ever came across.

Yeah, kevlar should be pretty close to the softer feel of the n5.

Most people love the phone. We just have a few very loud haters of it in here. Go to the One Plus One owners thread and you will see mostly love. Also any reviews who gave it almost universal praise.

are you?

IzvV6ofl.png

Quasar

Well. If these companies actually follow through on their monthly security updates promise, it seems like the stagefright vulnerability will have been a good thing. Of course the devil is in the detail like how long. The nexus promise (the longer of 3 years after launch or 18 months after last sale) should be the low bar.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Blame One Plus. They set expectations.

Top Bottom