• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Oh shit I take it all back, I figured something like that would be on the blog or twitter rather than forum :S

That is a kick in the teeth for you guys

It really does suck. They could have announced it more than a day before it is officially for sale. That is janky.

It's good for the consumer who couldn't decide between the One Minus Two and Moto X. Obvious choice now.
As if it wasn't obvious before.

Eh? The OnePlus 2 would still be close to $100 cheaper since there is no tax if you go to the 16gig version. Not to mention it is more powerful with bigger battery and fingerprint unlock.

Wreav

Banned
AT&T GS6 update! Oh look, it's 5.0.2.

pcsvjruq41.jpg

EmiPrime

HTC stored user fingerprints as image file in unencrypted folder

Researchers from FireEye have found that data that could be used to clone a user’s fingerprint was stored as an unencrypted “world readable” image file on HTC smartphones.

Four security researchers discovered that the image file, which is clear replica of a user’s fingerprint, could be stolen by rogue apps or hackers.

“While some vendors claimed that they store user’s fingerprints encrypted in a system partition, they put users’ fingerprints in plaintext and in a world readable place by mistake,” the authors wrote. “On the HTC One Max X the fingerprint is saved as /data/dbgraw.bmp with a 0666 permission setting (world readable). Any unprivileged processes or apps can steal user’s fingerprints by reading this file.”

The authors also found that the fingerprint sensors themselves are vulnerable to attack as most manufacturers, including Samsung and HTC, do not use the built-in security features of the ARM-based chips that most smartphones use.

lol HTC

I welcome our new Alphabet overlords.

Seriously though I hope it means google will become more focused not having to deal with all that project X and other stupid bullshit.

Old?

HTC Trading Below Cash Leaves Smartphone Brand With No Value

A 60 percent plunge in HTC Corp.’s stock this year pushed its market value to below its cash on hand. That means investors were effectively saying the smartphone maker’s brand, factories and buildings were worthless.
HTC’s market price fell Monday to NT$47 billion ($1.5 billion), below the NT$47.2 billion cash it had at the end of June. A drop of as much as 9.8 percent in its stock before a late rally signaled investors put no value on the rest of the company.
“HTC’s cash is the only asset of value to shareholders,” said Calvin Huang, who has a NT$46.50 price target on the stock at Sinopac Financial Holdings Co. in Taipei. “Most of the other assets shouldn’t be considered in their valuation because there’s more write-offs to come and the brand has no value.”

looks like free roaming is trending

Our World Just Got Bigger and More Affordable – Sprint Open WorldSM Now Offers Inexpensive International Calling, Texting and High-Speed Roaming Plan

FREE Calling, Texting to Canada, Mexico. Calls starting at 5 cents/minute to Dominican Republic and more than 180 countries
FREE Unlimited Calling, Texting when traveling in Mexico, Canada and Latin America
FREE 1GB high-speed data when traveling in Mexico, Canada and Latin America beyond domestic data allotment

AgrpeqO.png
http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/our-world-just-got-bigger-and-more-affordable.htm

Good. Let HTC go the way of Blackberry. A garbage company with garbage leadership doesn't deserve to survive.
Can't compare BlackBerry with HTC. BlackBerry's been surviving for years now and despite what people want to say about them ending up in flames they have been surviving for years now. Not to mention their Android phone might be what pulls them back into the Spotlight.

Can't compare BlackBerry with HTC. BlackBerry's been surviving for years now and despite what people want to say about them ending up in flames they have been surviving for years now. Not to mention their Android phone might be what pulls them back into the Spotlight.
they've been surviving but cutting a shitton of jobs every year and whatever enterprise contracts they have left.

Talon

Blackberry today doesn't at all resemble the Blackberry of 2007. Company's a shell of itself and has spent the last four years spinning out licensing deal after licensing deal.

They went from 20,000 employees to under 6,000. 70% of the company at its peak has been laid off.

HTC is more like Gateway. Let's be real. Them PC industry metaphors droppin' like dimes.

this_guy

HTC doesn't really bring anything to the table that can't be replaced by the likes of Huawei, ZTE, Xaomi, etc.

Sense and Boomsound is their differentiating factor.

even Verizon getting Stagefright fixes now

wonder how many months this new update era will last

Until people forget about it. Remember how long the Android update alliance thing lasted? Yeah.

I'm willing to bet the only Stagefright fix my Note II will get is the one I get from installing CyanogenMicrosoft on it. This is unlikely as your need a TW ROM to use the S Pen.

Top Bottom