• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Hasney

Front facing speakers are the only thing I accept extra bezel on, but something has to be wrong there surely. Even with the speakers, most phones have a smaller bezel than that.

Volotaire

Nexus 5-2 has disappointing dimensions for my small hands, but I'm still very interested. I need some info on the battery, price for capacities, performance and design.

Nexus 5-2 has disappointing dimensions for my small hands, but I'm still very interested. I need some info on the battery, price for capacities, performance and design.

Agreed on battery. 3,000mAh minimum or bust.

Also, if the rumor of it having a 620 is true, good lawd, especially with the news of the GPU being a 510.

What does everyone think the N6 will have now that we know 820s aren't ready?

The 620 likely has better performance than the 810 (we know the CPU is better, and the news of a 500 series Adreno clinches it), so I can't see them using the 810. But, I also can't see them putting a 620 in both devices.

I'm going to guess that Qualcomm has a 812-815 half-step processor kicking around that the N6 will use.

Front facing speakers are the only thing I accept extra bezel on, but something has to be wrong there surely. Even with the speakers, most phones have a smaller bezel than that.

It would be a bit taller than the HTC One M9, which is something I'm not happy about. But as long as Qi charging is still in, I'm on board.

Agreed on battery. 3,000mAh minimum or bust.

Also, if the rumor of it having a 620 is true, good lawd, especially with the news of the GPU being a 510.

What does everyone think the N6 will have now that we know 820s aren't ready?

The 620 likely has better performance than the 810 (we know the CPU is better, and the news of a 500 series Adreno clinches it), so I can't see them using the 810. But, I also can't see them putting a 620 in both devices.

I'm going to guess that Qualcomm has a 812-815 half-step processor kicking around that the N6 will use.
It would be great if they staggered the releases. LG Nexus this year and Huawei Nexus as soon as the 820 is ready.

Now if they're trying to make both phones inexpensive like the N5, I could see them using the 620 in both considering the alleged performance.

giga

Lg will probably use the 620, which would be the smartest move. Whowhy will probably stick the 810 in there like a bitch.

Hilti92

Anyone else have their Samsung tablet slow down hugely from the big upgrade? Mine updated within the last month and it has killed the performance. Takes forever for shit to load now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Adreno 510 for the Snap 620 eases my worries that this is just gonna be a a shit upgrade like the Snap 610.

It's gonna be real deal.

For those saying it's big for 5.2 inch phone....maybe it's because there's a 3000mah battery in it. It's the only conclusion I can draw considering LG's bezel game is usually on point.

1080p on that badboy and we are golden.

For those saying it's big for 5.2 inch phone....maybe it's because there's a 3000mah battery in it. It's the only conclusion I can draw considering LG's bezel game is usually on point.

I'm guessing front-facing speakers and a ridiculous front-facing camera sensor are the reasons for the larger bezels.

But, yes, if it has 3,000mAh + 1080p this is an easy, easy upgrade for me (from a Nexus 6).

I'm guessing front-facing speakers and a ridiculous front-facing camera sensor are the reasons for the larger bezels.

But, yes, if it has 3,000mAh + 1080p this is an easy, easy upgrade for me (from a Nexus 6).

Same. Also, the thought of maybe having a bigger front facing camera plus stereo speakers on the front and the bigger battery probably do lead up to that. I wonder if the camera will be anywhere close to the G4, because that would be amazing.

SimleuqiR

Nice - the Nexus 5 (2) is starting to sound like a nice phone.
Up to this point LG has been the best OEM for the Nexus line. Hopefully they continue that streak.

October is not that far away.

this_guy

LG G2 also had a 3000mah battery with the same size screen but much smaller footprint. The new Nexus rumors put the height at the size of the G3 with the screen size of the G2.

It's still smaller than the new Moto X and the Huawei Nexus so I'm still interested, but I'm going to complain about it. That's what we do in the Android thread.

SimleuqiR

How long until those dimensions are rendered by someone?

I want to see size comparison.
LLShC.gif

reKon

Banned
just catching up on this news

year of fucking skip... good riddance

Based on those leaks, the new small nexus phone has to has have huge battery. It's too thick and too tall. Unless it's the most damn sexy phone that I've seen, I'm not buying.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
stop trolling... you have to be right?

EDIT: yep after checking that post history, you are.

The thread doesn't need trolling right now lol

If you haven't been paying attention this thread is one big

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Moto X Pure orders open Sept 3

That's good and all, but I can't help but feel waiting till Sept to launch makes it even easier for (hardcore?) android people to wait for the Nexus stuff.

The lag between the announcement and the orders hurts them IMO.

That's good and all, but I can't help but feel waiting till Sept to launch makes it even easier for (hardcore?) android people to wait for the Nexus stuff.

The lag between the announcement and the orders hurts them IMO.

Definitely. Even if people liked their initial showing the hype has died down significantly sense then.

So after a week i'm enjoying the Nexus 6. However, I feel like I've been spoiled with the 6+'s battery life. Now I feel like the battery on this device is shitty even with a kernel.

Damn it.

So after a week i'm enjoying the Nexus 6. However, I feel like I've been spoiled with the 6+'s battery life. Now I feel like the battery on this device is shitty even with a kernel.

Damn it.

I didn't know the 6 plus's battery was particularly good. The Nexus 6's is just really bad. No real fix for it it, but the Moto G kicks ass. Try that if yourain concern is battery.

Hasney

Damn it.

Battery is a million times better on the M Developer Preview, so hopefully that carries over to the final version.

I didn't know the 6 plus's battery was particularly good. The Nexus 6's is just really bad. No real fix for it it, but the Moto G kicks ass. Try that if yourain concern is battery.

Well I guess just for comparison, I listen to music on the train into work. At the end of my trip (roughly around an hour), the 6+ would be down to 95% while the Nexus 6 would be down to 89%.

Battery is a million times better on the M Developer Preview, so hopefully that carries over to the final version.

I was looking to download the Android M preview, I guess this will be the reason to download it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Adreno 510 for the Snap 620 eases my worries that this is just gonna be a a shit upgrade like the Snap 610.

It's gonna be real deal.

or it'll be like intel's recent CPUs - barely any increase in CPU performance and instead focusing on cramming more GPU in instead.

VoxPop

Meh I was hoping the fingerprint scanner on the back was some kind of joke but I guess not. A great battery and camera is also a stretch on Nexus devices with all the cost cutting too. What's the point of a 6 inch phone with mediocre battery life? I guess I gotta wait till next year.

reKon

Banned
has multiwndow gotten better in the android M preview? it's pretty shameful that apple beat them to this and their implementation will likely be better. That's bullshit. I don't care about Samsung regarding this. This should have been a stock feature since Android L.

Hasney

has multiwndow gotten better in the android M preview? it's pretty shameful that apple beat them to this and their implementation will likely be better. That's bullshit. I don't care about Samsung regarding this. This should have been a stock feature since Android L.

It exists? I thought it was still disabled.

Top Bottom