• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
I probably have mentioned this before but I was given an iphone 6 for work. I really cannot stand it. I find the OS stale and ugly compared to Android. I have asked the mobile guy if I can switch it for an Android device and he said that specific apps that are for work only work on the iphone. So I figured a way around this. I have relegated the iphone to just a wifi device and only take it out when I need to VPN to work. Basically my iphone is just an RSA token now. I have inserted the sim to a spare HTC One M7 that i had lying around.

Koren

Buttons creek and become non-responsive. Charging ports stop working ect.
Dare I say that it's a bit stupid that a several hundred dollars become unusable because of a 20c button or connector? It's obviously a good thing for makers, and I wouldn't be surprised it's "per design", but I still don't like it.

Well, we'll see... I just hope that I won't see my G3 shut off after 30 minutes of GPS or game use just because it's too hot :/

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The Android GAF Hangout is hopping today.

If you want an excuse to try out Hangouts 4.0 shoot me a PM for a chat invite. :p

giga

The people on that board have the be the most understanding internet users I've seen in a long, long time.

I also love the "we can go cheap with the marketing because you're doing the job for us".
They remind me of notion ink and their Adam tablet back in 2010. They got so much hype from tech blogs about being a legit challenger to the iPad.

They remind me of notion ink and their Adam tablet back in 2010. They got so much hype from tech blogs about being a legit challenger to the iPad.

Holy shit. The notionink Adam. I remember that one. And I just found out that they still exist and even had a follow-up to the Adam, the Adam II! And now they're doing Windows tablets!

http://notionink.com/

At least the homepage is pretty.

Wreav

Banned
So Samsung is literally justifying the S6+ existence by saying it's their multimedia consumption device, even though the curved edges are a hindrance to media consumption.

Android.

Vanillalite

Lol

Everyone in the hangout is like there is a Samsung press event right now?

Shows how well this event is going over... LoL

I love the design in pictures but the Note 4 was so much better in balancing design and functionality/durability. Rather have the faux leather back.

And yeah, there was no reason to have an event for this.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
but guys

Samsung-Galaxy-Note5-and-S6-edge-official-cases.jpg

Now that my note 4 is running s6 touchwiz with themes, I'm super happy with it. So much smoother and 5.1.1 will be even better.

Note 5 is gonna flop like hell

AndyD

aka andydumi
I feel the opposite. The roundness matching the shape of my finger. I almost never have to reposition my thumb, unlike the weird pill button on the Samsungs.

Iphone circle also balances nicely with the cam circles on the other end.

While aesthetically it works, it makes the bezels way too large. After using a G2 and G4 with thin bezels and iphone 4, 5 and 6, the difference is very stark.

I agree the round shape probably works better, but it would work quite well on the back which is where I hope the G5 has it a la Motorola leaks. Something that big on the front is highly unnecessary.

giga

You can tell how successful this event is when the official thread for it from July doesn't even have 50 posts 30 minutes into the event.

Vanillalite

Honestly if you want a Samsung I'd just tell people to get the S6 even if it's smaller. You can get an S6 much cheaper these days.

Wreav

Banned
Everyone laughed when I said high end android has a year left, and look at this shit. It's dead. It's over. Welcome your shitty $300 chinese slabs, you dirty unwashed heathens.

I really hope the new Nexus 5 won't have a high price like Nexus 6. That thing costs as much as a Galaxy S6 but has the usual Nexus disadvantages (bad camera and battery). I don't know what the hell they were thinking.

I really hope the new Nexus 5 won't have a high price like Nexus 6. That thing costs as much as a Galaxy S6 but has the usual Nexus disadvantages (bad camera and battery). I don't know what the hell they were thinking.

I doubt it. I see it being about $350 to $400 and the Huawei would probably be $550 to $600 ish. And then either take down the Nexus 6 or slash the price down to $500 officially... something like that? I dunno.

Top Bottom