• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

SimleuqiR

Not at all.

Look at the edges. Whoever put the render together made sure it had the same texture and curves.

images
P1100933.jpg

CMXA4_nWsAArKL2.jpg

Obviously is not exact, but it is keeping the same look.

vivftp

Hmm, anyone want to speculate on the odds of the Z5+ having an actual 4K display as has been rumoured?

Trying to think of some practical reasons for needing such a display, but I'm not too sure.

zewone

I'm interested in the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 as a back up device. Is it even possible to use the phone in the US (AT&T or T-Mobile)?

Specifications

Screen: 5.5" 1920 x 1080
Processor: 2/2.2Ghz Helio X10 (Octa-core)
RAM: 2GB
Storage: 16GB/32GB
Battery: 3060mAh (Removable)
Camera: 13MP rear, 5MP front
Network: TDD & FDD 4G dual-SIM
Dimenions: 52mm X 76mm X 8.25mm
Weight: 160g

Price: 16BG - $140, 32GB - $156

MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0

Global launch 19th August.

Hasney

OK guys, you all win. Smart lock isn't good enough and I need a fingerprint reader.

I assume that's what the Chinese man who just called me was saying as I accidentally pocket booked an Uber (AKA Peoples Uber apparently) in my pocket for somewhere in Xi An with the destination of my workplace here in the UK.

jay23

Wait what are the rich people using these days? This poor person would like to know.

I don't mind the fingerprint sensor on the back, my index finger is always on that spot so it's practical. The camera sticking out bothers me more honestly but as long is it has good battery life I'm in.

Husker86

3GB of RAM and my podcast app/audiobook apps regularly get closed in a short time if I pause playback. Oh, and this is without even using my phone, just pausing from the headphone controls.

I know Lollipop has something to do with it, but I am so ready to get back on the Nexus train.

Who uses headphone jacks these days?

Poor people probably.

Bluetooth headphones throughout an entire work shift? Nahh.

Good for mowing the lawn and working out though.

Oh, and bottom headphone jack is best.

All of these are stopgap implementations until it's finally implemented in the display. Can't say I'm a fan of the back placement, as you'll now have to have a cutout on cases there.

Because I'm not expecting Google to have color options from day 1, this is probably my biggest annoyance about the placement of the sensor. It's as stupid as the shitty iPhone cases that leave a cutout on the back for the Apple logo. Fucking hell.

I'm also not a fan of the power button and volume rocker on the same side, but that's something I can still get used to.

The next thing I need to know is whether it has a notification LED or glance screen. If it has neither, it's a total downgrade.

I'd never get a pair of bluetooth headphones for my phone, but I'm still looking for a simple and small receiver I can plug my headphones into. With volume control and skip/pause. That would be great.

Hasney

Easily get 8-9 hours out of a charge on the Jabra Move. Such a good pair of headphones, especially for the price.

Headphone jack on the bottom is way better. Both chagring and headphones on the same side of the phone is the way to go. If I hooked my GS4 up to a car that had an AUX port and to charge the phone, I would have cables going in on either end.

I'm in the process of ordering mine. Granted I paid a little more than I would have liked (Fuckin Scalping assholes) but I can make the money back real easy if I don't like it

Yeah you could use it for a month and still make back more than you paid for it if you sell it.

Sch1sm

I am on KK .31, just bought it from a store a few days ago... can't comprehend anything that's really going on, I just want to get rid of all this goddamn bloatware. Thanks for the help, I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

Here's another method, I guess. A less convoluted one then what you were originally following. Doesn't involve downgrading because it's meant to be downgraded to KK (.30 OR .31), which you're already using.

This one post, redirects to another, which redirects to the necessary its for install, but the original post has a more thorough set of instructions than the second which provides install urls. It's the only other method I've come across that worked for people going from .31 firmware. It'll bump you up from KK to Lollipop, if you're okay with that.

rrvv

Hmm, anyone want to speculate on the odds of the Z5+ having an actual 4K display as has been rumoured?

Trying to think of some practical reasons for needing such a display, but I'm not too sure.

Spec wars

Thought I can see it being possible consider that JD and Sharp already produce 4K display. They probably want to test run it on customer market. Sony seem easy partner to go by

Saiyan-Rox

Just found out the CHinese OP2 works fine in the UK with EE and Three but my carrier it doesn't so I'm having to pay scapler fee's because of my network

Sch1sm

Too plastic-y, I like metal in my phones.

Nexus 5 didn't really have metal to begin with. Matte back and sides, gorilla glass. Literally all it was.

I think it looks fine, but I'll still find it awkward to hit power from the back of the device rather than the right side.

Jigolo

Goodness. The Note 5 is nearly perfect. If only the USB port was different and it was running stock. Dat silver tho

galaxy-note-5-silver.jpg

Top Bottom