• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Damn couple weeks? Any chance they'll be in stores without customizing day one?

I just need 32gb minimum plus a 128gb sd card.

Probably not, but noone knows. I always assumed final week of September at earliest.

Also
cj4qWIC.png

Looks like M will be Marshmallow

So I just did my first Root/Flash job ever in my 4-5 years of owning Android Devices. I have to say that even for being an older version CM11 is really damn nice. Feature wise it's vastly superior to stock and it makes me question how they built a better version of Android than Google...

Hasney

I've had my Moto 360 since Spring and I don't see the problem with the flat tire. Would it look nicer without it? Sure, but it's not exactly some huge problem.

If it was the only product in the sector, sure. But when the original wasn't the best looking, is one of the worst specced and lacks functionality compared to its rivals, then I hoped they'd go back to the drawing board on everything.

Just really hoping they're now not merely matching spec to all the other watches like the last rumour.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've had my Moto 360 since Spring and I don't see the problem with the flat tire. Would it look nicer without it? Sure, but it's not exactly some huge problem.
Yes it is. I hope the new one is at least thinner.

He likes teasing us :D

Oh God. Stop with this kindergarten bullshit already. If you have the info, post it. If not, then go away. It's such a waste of time. And this leak is probably about the Huawei version, so it's even less exciting.

Nexus 5, battery specs, price and release date. That's all. You can drop the mic after that.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Apple really runs the direction of this industry. The 6 is a mediocre design but other companies still copy the heck out of it. If Apple designed a poop hat for a phone, everyone would follow suit.

Based Apple.

Reckoner

Apple really runs the direction of this industry. The 6 is a mediocre design but other companies still copy the heck out of it. If Apple designed a poop hat for a phone, everyone would follow suit.

Based Apple.

I would say that what fucks up 6's design is mainly those lines on the back. Without it it would be really great. But even with it, it has some interesting details design wise. There are already rumors about some patents - next year those lines will most likely go away.

That Huawei Nexus is like the 5 and 6 back designs put together.

The renders here also feature a 5.7-inch screen. However, that’s far from set in stone, it seems. According to our source, Huawei tested two models, one with a 5.5-inch display and another 5.7-inch screen, either of which might be the one that makes it to market.

We can confirm, however, that the Nexus 6’s dimensions come in at roughly 159.4​mm high and 78.3mm wide (including side buttons). It’s also 6.6mm thick but 8.5mm​ at its thickest point, which you'll find where the bump is at the top of the device.

If its not 5.7" with those dimensions then someone went mental on the bezels.

Personally I'd rather have the the fingerprint reader on the front than having stereo front facing speakers.

diaspora

Based Apple.

??? The iPhone 6 was a poor man's HTC iirc.

jwk94

If it was the only product in the sector, sure. But when the original wasn't the best looking, is one of the worst specced and lacks functionality compared to its rivals, then I hoped they'd go back to the drawing board on everything.

Just really hoping they're now not merely matching spec to all the other watches like the last rumour.

What functionality is it lacking? The only thing I can think of is using it as a bluetooth mic for your phone. I'm honestly shocked, answering from the watch doesn't automatically send the phone into speaker mode with the watch as the microphone.

It's almost like people don't care about what HTC's been doing.

e: Uhhh. Someone's butthurt.

o8Lp6WJ.png

He should sue OnLeaks for damaging his precious brand.
LOL

what is his style exactly?

use @__leaks - obvious way to say 'i leak stuff'
use twitter - that's the popular platform for this
watermark image - TOM MORELLO

Hasney

What functionality is it lacking? The only thing I can think of is using it as a bluetooth mic for your phone. I'm honestly shocked, answering from the watch doesn't automatically send the phone into speaker mode with the watch as the microphone.

NFC, although that is only just coming into watches, but will future proof them a little with Android Pay. I remember not being able to have the always on screen mode on unless you wanted to destroy the battery too, but I also remember a patch supposedly fixing that, but I can't remember.

Also a heart rate monitor, but I doubt anyone cares and standard changeable straps in an easy fashion. Don't think I can go for a watch without standard 22mm changeable straps now, just gives you too money options.

Jesus, those bezels. If the screen is 5.7, that nexus is gonna be as big as the N6.
the rough dimensions already leaked and it is basically the size of the nexus 6. Less wide though. But same height basically. But yeah the 5-2 looks right up me alley so I don't really care what's going on with the huawei one. But if you're into big phones I'm sure you'll like it.

So which nexus are you guys looking to get? The 5 or 6? I really loved the previous 5 from LG so leaning towards that. I don't know much about this company making the 6...I've heard of them but never tried any of the devices they put out.

lol Evleaks has been leaking some pretty tame stuff lately or shit no one cares about like windows phone (no offense to those fans).

Either step it up or stfu. The leaking biz is about delivering the goods.

So which nexus are you guys looking to get? The 5 or 6? I really loved the previous 5 from LG so leaning towards that. I don't know much about this company making the 6...I've heard of them but never tried any of the devices they put out.
5 easily

Groof

5 for me. but it all depends on overall specs and price.

jwk94

NFC, although that is only just coming into watches, but will future proof them a little with Android Pay. I remember not being able to have the always on screen mode on unless you wanted to destroy the battery too, but I also remember a patch supposedly fixing that, but I can't remember.

Also a heart rate monitor, but I doubt anyone cares and standard changeable straps in an easy fashion. Don't think I can go for a watch without standard 22mm changeable straps now, just gives you too money options.

NFC I can agree with but the Moto 360 has a heart rate sensor. It's on the back with that insanely bright light.

vivftp

Easily the best functionally, wish I found it nice to look at.

Speaking of a good lucking watch though, the G Watch R Urbane is shooting down in price, unsurprisingly.

Yeah, I wasn't too excited about it when it was originally announced. However the metal version does look leaps and bounds better, IMO

Sony_Smart_Watch_3_300x300.jpg

On another note, it looks like the 4k rumours are still building for an upcoming Xperia device:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/08/1...-may-give-credence-to-that-4k-xperia-z5-plus/

kami_sama

Most probably the Nexus 5, cheaper and more manageable.

Top Bottom