• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

zewone

headphone jack on the bottom means phone goes into your pocket upside down. Put your hand in to get phone, when you pull it out it is automatically the right way up.

If I pull it out of pocket (especially if it's in my front shirt/coat pocket I only have to pull it up a little to check the time or notifications.

If the jack was on the bottom it would be upside down and i would have to flip it around and take it out of my shirt/coat.

Not sure why this is hard to understand.

I know, right?

kami_sama

If I pull it out of pocket (especially if it's in my front shirt/coat pocket I only have to pull it up a little to check the time or notifications.

If the jack was on the bottom it would be upside down and i would have to flip it around and take it out of my shirt/coat.

Different strokes for different folk I guess.
Also, I'm looking at pictures of the Red Nexus 5 and I have to say that it is beautiful. No need for metal if it's so good looking.
180822-rednexus5full.jpg

Different strokes for different folk I guess.
Also, I'm looking at pictures of the Red Nexus 5 and I have to say that it is beautiful. No need for metal if it's so good looking.

I'm not saying that it isn't beautiful (I have one myself), but pictures on the internet are pretty misleading. It's a very, very bright red. Almost neon colored. It glows in your hand.

I still love it.

Honestly, I like the idea of plastic and metal. When done right, both can very durable and help each other out in the long run.

That's why I really like the design of the Lumia 830. Removable plastic back and metal frame, thin and light as well.

nyxKyFM.png

It's a shame that Microsoft is going back to full plastic with the next flagships.

349.gif

Still got that flat tyre. And to think I was waiting on it at one point...

We basically knew about it since March and chose to ignore it instead, while telling ourselves that they wouldn't be so stupid and that the displays in the picture surely had to be from the prototypes and leftovers from the first gen.

Like, they surely wouldn't be this stupid, right? Right???

Hasney

We basically knew about it since March and chose to ignore it instead, while telling ourselves that they wouldn't be so stupid and that the displays in the picture surely had to be from the prototypes and leftovers from the first gen.

Like, they surely wouldn't be this stupid, right? Right???

There was that Lenovo CEO who posted a render without one "by mistake". We believed that one because it was what we wanted!

There was that Lenovo CEO who posted a render without one "by mistake". We believed that one because it was what we wanted!

Was it the same Lenovo CEO who posted the real pictures of the 2nd gen "by mistake" and then removed them?

fvJLCKu.jpg

BHOsRkb.png

I mean... why. Just why. LG had their round watch out shortly after the 360, Huawei announced their vaporware watch later on and even Samsung has one now. Moto is in no position to release it with a cut-off display again.

kami_sama

I'm not saying that it isn't beautiful (I have one myself), but pictures on the internet are pretty misleading. It's a very, very bright red. Almost neon colored. It glows in your hand.

I still love it.
I haven't seen a red one in the wild, so I can't comment of that :p
that's true

also wooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NSNb4ha.png

Goddamn, he's on fire.
What will be this time, an actual shot of the phone? :p

Goddamn, he's on fire.
What will be this time, an actual shot of the phone? :p
I feel like I seen enough of the phone I bet it will be just like the render. I want to hear the specs. Namely the battery. Really hope it's packing a 620 or 808. 620 was looking good. 3000mah and I'm in heaven. Curious to see if LG put their f1.8 in it as well.

wonder if this ever makes Evleaks jealous
wouldn't be surprised if blass was trying to get his own leak going

kami_sama

I feel like I seen enough of the phone I bet it will be just like the render. I want to hear the specs. Namely the battery. Really hope it's packing a 620 or 808. 620 was looking good. 3000mah and I'm in heaven. Curious to see if LG put their f1.8 in it as well.

One theory I've just made up is that it will sport either the 618 or the 620, a la Zenphone 2. Two versions with almost the same characteristics, but with more ram, cpu and storage.
That way they can offer a cheap version.

All I need to know at this point is the battery. And even then I don't really care, because it can't be worse than the one in the current Nexus 5. I really just need it to last a full day with medium usage. 8 am - 11 pm. None of that "2 days battery life" marketing nonsense. Just a full day.

And price would be icing on the cake, but it could be too early for that.

All I need to know at this point is the battery. And even then I don't really care, because it can't be worse than the one in the current Nexus 5. I really just need it to last a full day with medium usage. 8 am - 11 pm. None of that "2 days battery life" marketing nonsense. Just a full day.

And price would be icing on the cake, but it could be too early for that.
I'm in 100% agreement. I guess we'll find out this weekend....I hope.

I feel like evleaks is going to have to hookup the specs. Onleaks usually has design leaks only. He even said as much himself. His source is probably someone working in manufacturing hence why he always has schematics for everything.

jwk94

I've had my Moto 360 since Spring and I don't see the problem with the flat tire. Would it look nicer without it? Sure, but it's not exactly some huge problem.

zulux21

What is the best budget t-mobile smart phone right now (looking at $100-$200 no contracts)

the two I am currently looking at are Motorola Moto G (3rd generation) - Global GSM - Unlocked - 8 GB Black

and ASUS ZenFone 2 Cellphone, 16GB, Silver (Unlocked )

stuff like 3/4g don't matter at all as I won't use them (I think my wife's plan gets her unlimited 2g though :p) I also don't need a lot of storage as she will likely only have 3-5 games on the phone (terra battle, Dragon Blaze and attack the light currently). the main thing that is important that it works as a phone. she is currently using a T-Mobile Sparq Prepaid Phone as her phone and it likes to go into emergency mode from time to time as well as not always get calls or texts even when it says she has full signal so I am hoping that upgrading her phone will help with that. Aiming for a decent phone to maybe try to make one of my tablets more redundant.

I'd prefer to get a phone this week instead of waiting as I am tired of her not getting my messages (plus a 13mp camera would be great for the con I am about to go to as my non phone camera is only like 6mp :p)

Note 4 was on sale for $99 with 2 year contract at Costco. It was too good to pass up, so I ordered one.

I wonder if I can sell my Note II. Maybe I should keep it. I would be sad if some savage bought my 3 years old but still mint N2 and broke the screen a week later.

Note 4 was on sale for $99 with 2 year contract at Costco. It was too good to pass up, so I ordered one.

I wonder if I can sell my Note II. Maybe I should keep it. I would be sad if some savage bought my 3 years old but still mint N2 and broke the screen a week later.

Eh? I'm surprised it took you this long.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Whoever is in charge of the Moto 270-2 should commit seppuku and have a video of that as the default watch face. What a joke.

Top Bottom