• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Volotaire

well then blurry cam, do more

CMkym0QWEAIsCsJ.jpg

I already expected an ugly back so I'm over that. A shame it's even worse than the render.

Kinda stupid that it's literally just a metal ring. Lol couldn't at least put on logo or something on it so it doesn't stick out?

I'd guess it's not a final unit, so maybe that isn't finalized. Still fingerprint reader on the back is a horrible idea. Hopefully Huawei doesn't follow suit.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yo that N5 is ugly. looking like casper sucking dick for heroin money

I'd guess it's not a final unit, so maybe that isn't finalized. Still fingerprint reader on the back is a horrible idea. Hopefully Huawei doesn't follow suit.
If it's anything like the N6 dimple, on the back is ideal.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I love the NOT FOR SALE words on there. That's so rebellious. I love it.

Best part of the phone design. It's brilliant.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm looking for Android phones for a friend. It's her first smartphone so there aren't really any dealbreakers in terms of specs. The only ones I can think of are:

Ease of Use
Size (~5 inch)
Weight
Battery Life

What are some recent options that do well in these areas? The HTC One M8 looks the best so far.

this_guy

I love the NOT FOR SALE words on there. That's so rebellious. I love it.

Best part of the phone design. It's brilliant.

They should also add "Members Only" to finish it off.

There looks like a laser autofocus sensor by the camera lens so hopefully that's a plus.

Jubern

Hi guys,

My girlfriend has got an Android phone for some time now and she's been running into a few troubles I can't seem to solve... I'm an iPhone user myself and not very confortable with Android.

The main problem is Wi-fi: it will often stop working without any warning nor indication something is wrong... except it doesn't work. Shutting down Wi-fi and putting it back on does the trick but it really isn't convenient as this happens dozens of times in a single day.
We use Wi-fi with a lot of other hardware on a daily basis but this has never happened with any other device.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F) on 4.4.2.
It's supposed to be a Japan only device with specs somewhere between the S4 and the S5.

Thanks for the help!

I'm looking for Android phones for a friend. It's her first smartphone so there aren't really any dealbreakers in terms of specs. The only ones I can think of are:

Ease of Use
Size (~5 inch)
Weight
Battery Life

What are some recent options that do well in these areas? The HTC One M8 looks the best so far.
What's her price range? And what's her carrier?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Hi guys,

My girlfriend has got an Android phone for some time now and she's been running into a few troubles I can't seem to solve... I'm an iPhone user myself and not very confortable with Android.

The main problem is Wi-fi: it will often stop working without any warning nor indication something is wrong... except it doesn't work. Shutting down Wi-fi and putting it back on does the trick but it really isn't convenient as this happens dozens of times in a single day.
We use Wi-fi with a lot of other hardware on a daily basis but this has never happened with any other device.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F) on 4.4.2.
It's supposed to be a Japan only device with specs somewhere between the S4 and the S5.

Thanks for the help!
I've never used a Galaxy J but it's probably just a shitty phone tbh

Bboy AJ

They should also add "Members Only" to finish it off.

There looks like a laser autofocus sensor by the camera lens so hopefully that's a plus.
Oh nice. The N6 is the worst camera I've had when it comes to focusing on something close. It won't focus at all.

Quasar

Kinda stupid that it's literally just a metal ring. Lol couldn't at least put on logo or something on it so it doesn't stick out?

Oddly seeing the ring and thinking about it made me think about the vita back touch and its texture.

The ring at least will let people use it without having to see where they are putting their finger.

White doesn't look very nice to me though. Maybe that's just because I'm used to black devices. I'd probably prefer almost any other colour to a pure white thing.

Forced update? I have thr lg g7 tablet, and got a forced update this morning. It's on AT&T and it was thier 99 cent model.

I've been unimpressed since the beginning with it. Audio and video never seem to sync, even for movies on the device. I have three pressure marks on the screen, and from my own fault a crack in the upper corner. I hate the keyboard, and the auto correct even though its supposed to be turned off. And now this stupid update when all updates are supposed to be off.

I hate andriod. At least my old galaxy tab 2.0 never had video syncing issues. But it was never a mobile device, just wifi and didn't get forced updates.

So how do I get back my old version?

Saiyan-Rox

i'm not digging the anthill camera on that it has to be said

Good that the Nexus leaks are finally starting though it's become tradition!

Hasney

I was all for the fingerpring reader on the back, now I'm not sure. Feels like you're giving your phone a reach around, sliding your finger over the rim before getting it right on the centre and teasing it.

popeutlal

I'm gonna assume the apps make the phone more janky? Otherwise if you can disable them I don't really see the issue.
No, the bloatware has no effect on phone's performance, you'll still get a lag-less experience. And with the latest update you can disable every single preinstalled app on the phone.

Top Bottom