• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Honestly I've never used NFC and most people haven't. By the time it becomes an issue I'll already be on another phone.

It's just stupid for them to forego NFC just when NFC could really start to take off in popularity.

As someone who has used NFC (via Google Wallet) a lot and absolutely loved it, I'd never consider buying a new phone that doesn't include it.

It's Marshmallow:
15%2B-%2B1

Boooooring.

TRJwk8G.jpg

Fixed it.

reKon

Banned
Three-fourths of those cons are why I always wait to see what kind of developer support a device gets before even considering it. If I can't slap a new ROM and custom kernel to fix the thing, it's dead to me.

We don't really have many options these days as no one gives a shit about Android Tablets. This might be the last budget/high android tablet we see.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t-achieved-t3168123/post62375873#post62375873

http://www.howto-root.info/2015/07/asus-zenpad-s-8-0-z580ca-7367.html

I think there's progress being made here and I'm pretty damn sure developers will be working to support this.

ArchAngel

I had many problems wil Preview 2 (battery issues, slow performance etc), but after I flashed P3, everything flies like on my old Nexus 5 :D

My impression:
- Even if I flashed this, it downloaded data from Google Drive and I was logged in a couple of apps without "login", for example QuickPic had all my Cloud-Backup still going!
- Long press of Home-Button has a new animation for Google Now, no Google Now Tap in Preview 3
- some apps show the new permission screen at start (camera, Hangouts etc)
- Did I already mention that it runs very smooth for me? :D
- Like the new boot animation, a little more Android Wear look
- a small wrench symbol in notification bar beside the options button (wtf?) EDIT: If UI Tuner is activated
- SwiftKey has very small letters now. Needs a fix.

Really liking it for the couple of minutes I played around with it :)

The Nexus 6 seems like it would fit my needs perfectly, except you know Google hates local storage. 32 GB on a 2015 device with no microSD is no bueno.

The LG G4 got some bad reviews about it's audio quality. My phone is my portable music player so this is no bueno.

No matter what I look at, I always come back to the Note 4.

The Nexus 6 seems like it would fit my needs perfectly, except you know Google hates local storage. 32 GB on a 2015 device with no microSD is no bueno.

The LG G4 got some bad reviews about it's audio quality. My phone is my portable music player so this is no bueno.

No matter what I look at, I always come back to the Note 4.

Didn't you already buy it? Why are you still looking?

sora87

My Galaxy S3 screen has pretty much shattered, so I'm looking to upgrade.
I've narrowed it down to the Xperia Z3 or the LG G4, what's the general thoughts on them?

You were right Bobo. It was marshmallow. I'll never doubt you again! I honestly didn't think Google would just put a regular ass marshmallow in the arms of a bugdroid. I figured that image of it being painted was the thing's body, but nope. It's definitely the worst statue they've done.

If this is real, and not a hoax, the design will look nice in black too:

3Za0Yat.png

Hopefully it retains the same back texture as the N5 (2013)
This looks really good in black. Way better than in white, and even that looked good.

The most disappointing thing about the two Nexii from a hardware standpoint are the top and bottom bezels. Them shits way too big and a step back from past devices. At least they both seem to have stereo speakers though.

Jigolo

Dem bezels are gross

Way to big. They could've achieved the 5.2" display, front facing speakers, and fingerprint sensor all in the footprint of the Nexus 5. There is more than enough space there. It's weird if the specs are true because I feel we are working away from bigger bezels and the screen-to-body ratio will get higher.

screen-to-body-ratio-infographic-2.jpg

Note 5 has a 76.62

Way to big. They could've achieved the 5.2" display, front facing speakers, and fingerprint sensor all in the footprint of the Nexus 5. There is more than enough space there. It's weird if the specs are true because I feel we are working away from bigger bezels and the screen-to-body ratio will get higher.

Note 5 has a 76.62

Sharp makes phones?

Note 5 has a 76.62

There is no way, based on that picture, the G4 has the same ratio as the M9.

Top Bottom