• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

grmlin

@Galaxy s6 renders

How do you hold a phone with touchscreen nearly everywhere? It's hard enough already to hand your phone over to someone without anyone touching and triggering something on it.

I can't take the samsung teasers seriously. Have a feeling they're just teasing two different phones at random, or maybe just one of them. I feel like the S6 leaks are accurate and the teases are mostly the edge variant of the phone.

As for HTC I said it before but I think they're straight trolling. They put out fake shells of the phone and some people are leaking them but I bet the original leaks/renders are the accurate ones. 6 more days till we know.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Z4 Lollipop shots:

Xperia-Z4-Dual-screenshot_1-315x560.png

Xperia-Z4-Dual-screenshot_2-315x560.png

more
------------------------------------------------------------------
M9 camera:
One-M9-camera-cpu-details.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile carriers reportedly in love with the Galaxy S6 Edge, claim it has better design than the iPhone 6

Sid

How will Samsung put stereo speakers in the S6 with that home button? wouldn't the bezels be huge this way?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Every time I hear carriers are happy with something, I get suspicious.

Hasney

Every time I hear carriers are happy with something, I get suspicious.

There's only 2 things carriers are usually happy with.

1) Sales
2) The amount of crap they can pre-install

if they just like a design of a pre-release phone, then they think it'll do 1 while they can do 2 with it at the same time.

I'm starting to think those recent pics of the HTC One M9 are the real deal. They're inline with the prototypes and those renders coming from a carrier this close to the announcement just seems to confirm that. I'm pretty disappointed and now have a tough decision on what I get next.

Drifters

Reason why the M9 renders don't seal the deal for me is s non centered selfie camera and speaker grills. I expect to have the look of the HTC eye but on the metal finish of the M series.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
According to PhoneArena via MobileGeeks, the following are supposedly the official specs price and renders of the HTC One M9.

Display: 5-inch 1080p display.
Chipset: 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 810 processor.
Cameras: 20 MP rear camera with dual LED flash, and a 4 MP UltraPixel front camera.
Memory: 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal memory, and microSD card support (up to 128 GB).
Features: BoomSound speakers, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1.
Cellular Radio: LTE connectivity (up to 300 Mbps).
Dimensions: 9.61mm thin
Weight: 157.5 grams.
Battery: 2900 mAh.​

If this is the real M9(ie. pretty much an M8 without the depth camera) and not those sexy renders posted earlier, I'm skipping HTC. I love my M7 but I'm not the biggest fan of how the M8 looks. I would actually switch over to Samsung if that's the case(or Sony, but they're not looking too hot right now :S).

Xisiqomelir

Oh Sony, if only you'd ever marketed and distributed your wares in a semi-competent fashion.

I will simply enjoy the Xperience while you still have a division and legally binding support requirements, I suppose.

Scoobert

Contract is up Sunday just in time for this event. But still have no idea what I'll end up getting, currently have iphone 5. Damn choices lol.

Mindwipe

Oh Sony, if only you'd ever marketed and distributed your wares in a semi-competent fashion.

I will simply enjoy the Xperience while you still have a division and legally binding support requirements, I suppose.

I've just had to return my Z3C as I got about a fifth of your battery life :(

I'm starting to think those recent pics of the HTC One M9 are the real deal. They're inline with the prototypes and those renders coming from a carrier this close to the announcement just seems to confirm that. I'm pretty disappointed and now have a tough decision on what I get next.

the problem with prototypes is those could clearly be fake shells

Saiyan-Rox

Does anyone here have a nexus 6?

Just want to check if you're experiencing the same issues i'm having with mine that are all sound related :(

-Sometimes when i get an SMS the phone vibrates but no sound for a few seconds after then it comes out all distorted.

- the "Hangouts" notification sound never plays properly like the start of the sound isn't playing.

- if I have touch sounds on or use the camera after the camera shutter sound or a touch sound I can hear that the speaker is still on and making a tiny bit of static for a few seconds then I can hear the speaker actually switch off.

- using the default "messenger" app from Lollipop it hs an option to have a sound when sending a message and sometimes that sound doesn't play right either like it too is being cut off at the start and playing the rest.

the speakers themselves work 100% on everything else that's why i'm not sure if this is a software issue or not.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Contract is up Sunday just in time for this event. But still have no idea what I'll end up getting, currently have iphone 5. Damn choices lol.

My advice is to just figure out what you want in a phone and then look up impressions online. Some websites are blogs run by a bunch of people with different phones. Like Giant Bomb or Third Radio, just personalities with opinions. I like that best. GAF is OK with it, too.

the problem with prototypes is those could clearly be fake shells

That alone, I'd agree with you, but a carrier putting up images a week before the event that look like they may be official renders that also look like the prototypes makes me think that's what we're going to get. I want to be wrong, but both of those factors plus the proximity to the announcement make me think that all the evidence is leading to that is the way it's going to look in the end.

Hasney

Just want to check if you're experiencing the same issues i'm having with mine that are all sound related :(

-Sometimes when i get an SMS the phone vibrates but no sound for a few seconds after then it comes out all distorted.

- the "Hangouts" notification sound never plays properly like the start of the sound isn't playing.

- if I have touch sounds on or use the camera after the camera shutter sound or a touch sound I can hear that the speaker is still on and making a tiny bit of static for a few seconds then I can hear the speaker actually switch off.

- using the default "messenger" app from Lollipop it hs an option to have a sound when sending a message and sometimes that sound doesn't play right either like it too is being cut off at the start and playing the rest.

the speakers themselves work 100% on everything else that's why i'm not sure if this is a software issue or not.

I don't use Hangouts, so I can't comment on that, but I get the delay between vibration and sound, but no distortion.

The last 2 I don't get at all.

Got my Oneplus in, no yellow screen, no touch issues (fingers crossed this stays that way). Just gonna hold on to this for now and see what comes out this year

Wreav

Banned
2014 X finally in soak test on AT&T. This sad race of seeing which happens first, 5.0 on the Blue X or Big Red getting the N6, is almost over.

Wreav

Banned
Original leak. Even HTC isn't dumb enough to ignore what they did right with the N9.

Also, this grossness is hitting Big Red on Thursday, which isn't exciting. What's fun is that it was included in the N6 release date leak, so we're only 3 days away from the Nexus.

core_1024-x-640.jpg

Volotaire

The evleaks render is also in the style of the HTC Eye and the Desire 826, which seems to be HTC's newest design evolution with the front camera lens in the centre. On the other hand, the Desire 820, 620 and 626 (phones announced since the Eye) have different camera front lens positioning as well

EDIT: Moreover, the HTC One (M8 Eye) does not have centre lens positioning so there's more evidence against it.

Milpool

I don't get any static/distortion but do get the other sound cutting/fading in glitches with notification sounds, it happens in games too. I posted about it a few months ago, also there was a thread on xda about it too back in december so it seems common. Could it be anything to do with "NuPlayer/AwesomePlayer" in the dev options?

Saiyan-Rox

I don't use Hangouts, so I can't comment on that, but I get the delay between vibration and sound, but no distortion.

The last 2 I don't get at all.

ah it;s just with the hangouts notification sound. I don't use the app either it annoys me that it always closes in the background.

I don't get any static/distortion but do get the other sound cutting/fading in glitches with notification sounds, it happens in games too. I posted about it a few months ago, also there was a thread on xda about it too back in december so it seems common. Could it be anything to do with "NuPlayer/AwesomePlayer" in the dev options?

at least you have some of the issues then. have to say i'm not exactly impressed premium priced nexus and these issues are really annoying! hopefully android 5.1 fixes the issues if not i'll be returning it for a replacement just in case.

Top Bottom