• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

terrier

It doesn't matter. People will buy it or not buy it anyway. You guys can complain but it'll sell the same regardless.

Well, this note 5 strategy looks like old sony one by releasing 2 flaships every year, releasing too often. Not a full year since note 4 and same specs as S6 makes it 'kinda' old at launch even if some specs are better than N4 . Note series used to have better specs than S series, the latest soc (SD600-SD800 , SD801-SD805), and not this time. Plus the loss of SD and removable battery make it even worse. So i will probably wait for Note 6 (unless some awesome phone with multitasking and awesome camera is released before).
My Note 4 works flawlessly and 5.1 update seems to improve. Too bad we won't see less bloated TW on it. Well maybe in a year with Android M

I will be really tempted by next Nexus 5 but can't go to small screens now :/ Let's see what Huawei's Nexus has to offer though...

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I'll allow this

wpid-wp-1439910865917.jpeg

I think Ghostery detected 13 or 14 trackers on that site. The most I've seen so far.

But it's clearly phones and mobile browsers that are at fault for shitty performance.

Nilay is such a boner these days. I know he has always been one but I feel like he has been the SSJ version of himself the past few months.

Jzero

The 2015 Moto G i got for my mom is pretty damn nice for the price. Way better than the Moto E for the small price difference.

Groof

M3 is pretty slick. Animations are on point and all my apps are working again. Bonus is that snaps aren't upside down anymore.

Hasney

I don't want to hype marshmallow up because I never used the lollipop previews and people said they were great by the end... But 10% battery in 5 hours on a Nexus 6 needs to carry over

Wreav

Banned
I don't want to hype marshmallow up because I never used the lollipop previews and people said they were great by the end... But 10% battery in 5 hours on a Nexus 6 needs to carry over

so what you're saying is that Android's battery woes were...*gasp*...software related THIS WHOLE TIME?!

RuGalz

Maybe your phone is going to shut itself off at 60% (i.e. battery is in correctly calibrated from update). It certainly happens when changing rom.

zewone

I went from 3.5 hours screen on time with Lollipop to 5+ hours on Marshmallow.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Guys, no joke, this Nexus 9 runs SO MUCH better on M3. It's actually usable. Things don't constantly refresh. I can run a browser and hangouts at the same time. Wow.

Wreav

Banned
Guys, no joke, this Nexus 9 runs SO MUCH better on M3. It's actually usable. Things don't constantly refresh. I can run a browser and hangouts at the same time. Wow.

Remember every time everyone said that the moment they flashed an update on their shitbucket N9, and then come crawling back admitting they were wrong the next day?

Saiyan-Rox

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Nexus 9 is absolute garbage, no doubt. I'm not cancelling my Zenpad order. I know the N9 will turn to crap in a few hours.

Top Bottom