• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My four year old Nexus 10 had 2 GB of RAM. The newer Nexus 9 upgraded that to 2 GB. I can't wait for 4 GB. I need this Zenpad to be great.

Fatalah

Porzingis edition Moto X Play:

sE4aQYY.png

Someone would probably pay $500-$600 eh? If I sell my OPO I could probably get about $250 for that if I decide to keep it. Moto X will be a disappointment too. Any rumors what processor the Huawei nexus will use?
Thought the Moto X was supposed to be pretty good? Anything bad came out about it?
So I'm the only one who had the balls to buy a Note 5? Alright then

I am. I miss my S-Pen from my Note 3 and the new features look pretty nifty.

VoxPop

Supporting Apple is never going to happen. Hope people enjoy their upgrade to 2gb of ram though.

Personally never had issues with 1GB of RAM. I never really keep more than 6 tabs open at a time and everything is smooth as butter. Can't say the same with my old S6 Edge / M7 though which has triple that. But I don't think the ram was the issue anyway. Probably picking up a 5-2 as a backup later so we'll see how everything runs with 4GB of ram and stock Android.

zewone

Not sure what your point is. It's possible to enjoy different aspects of two different ecosystems, and think one is superior at any given point.

Today, iOS is dominating for many, many reasons.

My point is owning something doesn't necessarily make you a fan of that item. Especially when you calling owning something keeping it for a short period of time and returning or flipping.

I love it when apps get an update to "fix bugs" and suddenly want a permission to access the device id and call information with that update.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
DlMJkz0.png

It's hard being one of the few in this thread who puts his money where his mouth is. Usually people blab about a product for months but when it releases, the closest they get is scalping the product, if they even buy it in the first place.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
DlMJkz0.png

It's hard being one of the few in this thread who puts his money where his mouth is. Usually people blab about a product for months but when it releases, the closest they get is scalping the product, if they even buy it in the first place.

#Rich #Wealthy

DlMJkz0.png

I still don't get why you don't buy an iPad. Android tablets are for people who can't afford an iPad. Literally.

Wreav

Banned
My point is owning something doesn't necessarily make you a fan of that item. Especially when you calling owning something keeping it for a short period of time and returning or flipping.
I'm glad we have you here to redefine ownership for us.

Quasar

that tablet will be trash in a few months, anyway

I find that unlikely. Tablet tech and tablet requirements don't move very fast. Hell if it wasn't for games I'd still be rocking a iPad3. games is pretty much the only thing I use a tablet for that pushes it at all.

Of course I feel somewhat similar about phones, actually moreso, which is why I'm still using a Nexus 4.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
that tablet will be trash in a few months, anyway

It'll be fine.

The only reason the N9 sucks is the same reason the 2 gig LG G3 sucks. 2 gigs of RAM blows ass for QHD screens especially when you have just one unified RAM pool for everything on Android.

Bboy AJ

I still don't get why you don't buy an iPad. Android tablets are for people who can't afford an iPad. Literally.
Because I don't want iOS. I had an iPad before anyone on gaf had one. Check the OG iPad release thread and see who posted pics first.

Because I don't want iOS. I had an iPad before anyone on gaf had one. Check the OG iPad release thread and see who posted pics first.

Who cares when you bought it. That's a stupid reason. Not only was the OG iPad a terrible waste of money (I have one, it's running the uniqlo calendar 24/7), but your Android tablet experience doesn't sound much better than that. If you base your opinion on a 2010 device with 256 MB of RAM, then I don't know what to say. If you don't, then why bring it up? At least be creative and pretend to use IRC, like it's 1999.

Bboy AJ

Who cares when you bought it. That's a stupid reason. Not only was the OG iPad a terrible waste of money (I have one, it's running the uniqlo calendar 24/7), but your Android tablet experience doesn't sound much better than that. If you base your opinion on a 2010 device with 256 MB of RAM, then I don't know what to say. If you don't, then why bring it up? At least be creative and pretend to use IRC, like it's 1999.
That's not what I based my opinion on. I based my opinion on me knowing what I want and being able to afford whatever I want and it isn't ios.

lol u mad hahaha

Blackhead

Redarse
This thread would be so much more pleasant if y'all just took a break from the recycled hardware rumors and recriminations once in a while. Android is software, right!? Y'all actually use these devices to do stuff, I presume? What do you think of the new software features Samsung demoed** for the Note 5? What cool apps or games have you tried recently?

**asking about the features not giving an opportunity to complain about Touchwiz ;)

How about y'all try not talking about hardware for a week... or just the next 24 hours?

kinggroin

Banned
So I sold one of my two Nexus 6 that I bought off contract, in preparation for the new Moto X and Nexii. Was thinking about which to go with, but they all seem so close to each. More than likely I'll just pick all three up along with the N6 I just sold (probably white 64GB this time) and sim swap depending on my mood and day.

reKon

Banned
DlMJkz0.png

I will be buying too. I'm not in rush and I'm not traveling any time within the month. Also, Newegg is already selling this cheaper than retail right now BTW. Check slickdeals

mrklaw

MrArseFace
what would be the cheapest way to get mobile wifi for my kids ipads when travelling? Assume I don't have enough data on my phone to tether it. It would only be on/off probably during summer and christmas holidays, so I'd be looking for Pay as you go data, not a contract. So assume I have a PAYG data sim available

1) mobile wifi/mifi thingy
2) cheap 4G android phone
3) Just switch the SIM into my phone and set up call forwarding in case anyone tries to call my normal number.

what would be the cheapest way to get mobile wifi for my kids ipads when travelling? Assume I don't have enough data on my phone to tether it. It would only be on/off probably during summer and christmas holidays, so I'd be looking for Pay as you go data, not a contract. So assume I have a PAYG data sim available

1) mobile wifi/mifi thingy
2) cheap 4G android phone
3) Just switch the SIM into my phone and set up call forwarding in case anyone tries to call my normal number.

The cheapest would just be to tether on your phone, but maybe a straight talk mobile hot spot?

Top Bottom