• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

VoxPop

Did Google mention what retailers would be supporting their pay system? Is Google sharing customer information with the retailers? I know that is a huge reason why a lot of places don't want to adopt Apple Pay. Google should just give all that customer data to retailers and take over the game.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I dropped my trusty Nex4, and it's ded :/ Feels weird to no longer have Facebook, messaging, internet etc on your fingertips, so I probably need a new phone.

Since I kinda want to wait to see what the new Nex5 is about, but on the other hand this is making it harder to wait for Oct/Nov, I'm not sure what to do now. Buy a used Nex4 again? Get something recent and forget about the new Nex5 for now? Manage without a phone for a few months and go all-in after that?

What would GAF recommend?

linkboy

I dropped my trusty Nex4, and it's ded :/ Feels weird to no longer have Facebook, messaging, internet etc on your fingertips, so I probably need a new phone.

Since I kinda want to wait to see what the new Nex5 is about, but on the other hand this is making it harder to wait for Oct/Nov, I'm not sure what to do now. Buy a used Nex4 again? Get something recent and forget about the new Nex5 for now? Manage without a phone for a few months and go all-in after that?

Either look at the Moto X next month, or wait for the new Nexus(s) phones.

Get a Moto G; it's inexpensive and more than capable for a burner/stop-gap device.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
One Minus Two isn't a bad phone. It's just not a particularly great phone. It's a solid device. But couple a budget phone with an annoying company that treats its customers like garbage and constantly lies, and there you have why we hate them.

Yeah they just shipped it in a small bubble wrap bag.
Yo LOL daaaamn the struggle is real

kinggroin

Banned
I'm still waiting for my OP2 to arrive but from what I've heard I may hold off using it till the software update come hopefully the update hits before it arrives so I can give some honest feedback for it.

No NFC does suck with android pay around the corner but I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong here) my android Wear can fill in for that can't it??

And if I do hate the phone I can sell it for the same I bought it for.

One thing I will say though is Oneplus have the worst fans/loyalists I've ever come across theyre all just so stupid and come across as brown nosing POS's

"They are all just stupid and come across as brown nosing POS's"

Damn Gina

This thread would be so much more pleasant if y'all just took a break from the recycled hardware rumors and recriminations once in a while. Android is software, right!? Y'all actually use these devices to do stuff, I presume? What do you think of the new software features Samsung demoed** for the Note 5? What cool apps or games have you tried recently?

**asking about the features not giving an opportunity to complain about Touchwiz ;)

How about y'all try not talking about hardware for a week... or just the next 24 hours?

S-Pen with the screen off was amazing.

Fou-Lu

How do you manage to keep a battery alive in a phone where it's not removeable? I am thinking of getting a Note 5, but that's the sticking point, that I can't just replace the battery if the life starts to go.

How do you manage to keep a battery alive in a phone where it's not removeable? I am thinking of getting a Note 5, but that's the sticking point, that I can't just replace the battery if the life starts to go.

You expect it to stay alive. Usually people replace their phones after 2-3 years anyway and sometimes every year. If a battery in a phone can't last that long, then it's just a shitty phone with a garbage battery, IMO.

zewone

Already sold my OnePlus 2. Thirst is real.

What're ya buyin'?

277230-merchant.jpg

Furyous

Already sold my OnePlus 2. Thirst is real.

You should've said you had it. I would've bought it...
and flipped it for double, triple, quadruple it's price in the name of charity. I'd donate the proceeds to charity.

----

http://www.gsmdome.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/16-150QQJ137.jpg[/IMG

[URL="http://www.gsmdome.com/htcs-next-smartphone-will-be-called-htc-o2-snapdragon-820-cpu-and-waterproof-certification-might-be-included"]Y'all talked about this alleged HTC O2 rumored to replace the M9 this year?[/URL]

Dem (RUMORED) 'Specs:

6-inch variant with Quad HD panel, followed next year by a 5-inch version with same specs.
4 GB RAM memory
S820
64 or 128 GB space of internal storage and a 5-megapixel front-facing sensor
20.7 megapixel rear camera,
3.500 mAh battery with stereo speakers

[URL="https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/633863396807458816"]Allegedly, Blackberry's Venice releases in November.[/URL]

---

Smartphones I want right now:
OP2 for reasons
GS6 because of the IR blaster, camera, and possible Android M update to fix the battery fuckery.
LG Nexus premium version (please?) with microsd support and IR blaster

and flipped it for double, triple, quadruple it's price in the name of charity. I'd donate the proceeds to charity.

----

[URL="http://www.gsmdome.com/htcs-next-smartphone-will-be-called-htc-o2-snapdragon-820-cpu-and-waterproof-certification-might-be-included"]Y'all talked about this alleged HTC O2 rumored to replace the M9 this year?[/URL]

Dem (RUMORED) 'Specs:

6-inch variant with Quad HD panel, followed next year by a 5-inch version with same specs.
4 GB RAM memory
S820

[URL="https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/633863396807458816"]Allegedly, Blackberry's Venice releases in November.[/URL]

---

OP2 for reasons
GS6 because of the IR blaster, camera, and possible Android M update to fix the battery fuckery.
LG Nexus premium version (please?) with microsd support and IR blaster[/QUOTE]

but 820 is next year.

Ty4on

Hey, you can flip it around, that's something.
Not being micro USB is a big thing. Both sides look identical and none of the connectors really fit so they all go in with a disconcerting crunch.

Not having that flimsy thing on my phone is in itself a big plus. Not that I didn't wish it was fast at data transfer and charging as well.

VoxPop

----

Dem (RUMORED) 'Specs:

[B]6-inch[/B] variant with Quad HD panel, followed next year by a 5-inch version with same specs.
4 GB RAM memory
[B]S820[/B]

---

OP2 for reasons
LG Nexus premium version (please?) with microsd support and IR blaster[/QUOTE]

No thanks. Their camera without a doubt is going to be just as bad as their M series as well. I loved my M7 but they really left a sour taste in my mouth with the M8/M9. You had a shot and you blew it HTC. Sense is still the best skin though with a proper launcher.

Not being micro USB is a big thing. Both sides look identical and none of the connectors really fit so they all go in with a disconcerting crunch.

Not having that flimsy thing on my phone is in itself a big plus. Not that I didn't wish it was fast at data transfer and charging as well.

saves a few seconds half the time. quick charge saves hours every time.

Furyous

Oh. Damn lol, I'd never waste battery life to control my TV. Not now, at least.

Remember I'm on the four year flagship plan. My i5 holds up after three years and it should make it to four. IR blaster gives me another reason to use the phone. I need at least 18 hours a day of usage out of a $500 plus smartphone to justify the cost. IR blaster gives me another x amount of hours to fit my needs.

The idea of working out tracking calories and controlling the tv is great. You're at someone's house and bust out your phone to control the tv set. With that said, given the s6 battery life I feel your pain.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I can't remember the last top tier phone with an IR blaster. It's not even a thing these days. It's cool, though, but I'm mildly annoyed we still use that old tech.

Controlling televisions. If I pay $600+ for a smartphone that is not an iphone then it better have an IR blaster.
Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but are you saying you're fine spending however much money on an iPhone with no IR blaster, but spending the same amount on another phone with no IR blaster is a no go? Why not hold the iPhone to the same standard?

Top Bottom