• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

clav

I wouldn't try repairing anything that's not the screen

He could.

Would be a valuable experience in learning about engineering build quality and why some people prefer plastic.

One visual solution is to fill the dent with a filler, sand it, and paint over it.

Other solution is to open it up and replace the part or hammer the dent back the other way with some small precision tools.

Now you know when tech bloggers review quality, you may laugh the next time you read about materials used.

Jzero

He could.

Would be a valuable experience in learning about engineering build quality and why some people prefer plastic.

One visual solution is to fill the dent with a filler, sand it, and paint over it.

Other solution is to open it up and replace the part or hammer the dent back the other way with some small precision tools.

Now you know when tech bloggers review quality, you may laugh the next time you read about materials used.
Changing the frame means you have to take every single piece out of the phone. He is more likely to rip a ribbon cable than replacing the frame successfully.

He could.

What are you talking about, I love phones with glass backs which shatter when you drop them. There's a price to be paid for that premium feel breh

3wT96lF.jpg

Got my Zenpad today. Will post impressions.

EDIT: Oh shit it's USB Type-C! I hope it's real type-c and not fake type-c.

clav

Changing the frame means you have to take every single piece out of the phone. He is more likely to rip a ribbon cable than replacing the frame successfully.

Which is why it's a valuable learning experience.

1. Learn one's capability of repairing this kind of stuff.

2. Be more careful by avoiding/ minimizing drops and do more research before making a phone purchase. The metal grades used in smartphones aren't thick.

He could attempt the first method I suggested.

The LG G Flex 2 is on eBay for $250. Snapdragon 810 be damned I snapped one up for the price. I know it sold super poorly (Partially due to the 810), but I can't believe a device so well equipped dropped that low so fast.

I always end up coming back to my first generation MotoX no matter what device I try but maybe this'll be the one that sticks.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Finally Jazzy is a net plus in this thread.

Ty4on

I think I prefer the look of the old version.

e:
VBMczqp.png

I seriously can't believe they went with the flat tire again. It's like they ordered too many of the displays for the first gen and were too cheap to get rid of them.

It looks slimmer, but diameter looks the same. I hope they rumor of two sizes is correct.

The flat tire is bezel ofc. If they were able to remove it why would LGWR have those huge bezels?

Hasney

Yeah, technically speaking the flat tyre is needed or you have a bezel.... I just wish Moto had a much better solution because I think it makes it the ugliest watch out there.

Ty4on

Yeah, technically speaking the flat tyre is needed or you have a bezel.... I just wish Moto had a much better solution because I think it makes it the ugliest watch out there.
That's quite a feat when the G Watch exists.

It's very subtle for me with a minimalist black face and a big bezel is never subtle. I hope the new model has a good OLED for that reason.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So there is a report that the moto watch is being spotted around Chicago and lo and behold, I saw one two days ago since I'm visiting Chicago for a few days. Not sure if it's vital marketing or what, dude I saw it with made no attempt to hide it and was actually kind of flaunting it. It was the silver body with silver stainless steel belt. Beautiful, but definitely had the flat tire still.

I just bought a zen watch and really like the design, but the moto watch is the best looking smart watch imo, until you turn it on and see the flat tire.

gAg CruSh3r

I don't know if this is the best place to go but I have had a iPhone's since iPhone 4 and a I finally got myself a android phone (Samsung Galaxy s6). My main problem I'm having is that my photos and videos will get compressed and the quality will go to crap. What is the best app for mms videos and photos with out it killing the quality.

this_guy

I don't know if this is the best place to go but I have had a iPhone's since iPhone 4 and a I finally got myself a android phone (Samsung Galaxy s6). My main problem I'm having is that my photos and videos will get compressed and the quality will go to crap. What is the best app for mms videos and photos with out it killing the quality.

You're better off using Hangout or Whatsapp, or any other messenger service. When you had an iPhone and sent messages to another iPhone, it went through imessage and wasn't subject to any wireless carriers' mms size limit (usually about 1mb, so videos never look good).

Why not? We should be pushing for choice, not "BUT WHYYYY".

Depends how it is priced is all.

You could use the resources on other things for development. If I never deleted anything on my phone, including the random crappy game I try and delete I wouldn't even hi t 128 gb. Heck I might barely hit the 64 gb level.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Got my Zenpad today. Will post impressions.

EDIT: Oh shit it's USB Type-C! I hope it's real type-c and not fake type-c.

Let us know how performance really is as I've heard mixed. The problem is a lot of people have baggage or preconceived notions based on Intel past not present.

Still no leaks on the battery size of the nexus 5-2 eh. It's the last thing left that I care about rumour wise these days :(

And zenpad? It's all about the jolla guys. The jolla.

reKon

Banned
Let us know how performance really is as I've heard mixed. The problem is a lot of people have baggage or preconceived notions based on Intel past not present.

I've used the slower version at best buy and it actually felt smoother than the Dell Venue 7840 that was right next to it... I'm not sure why.

It seems like Asus's skin isn't too heavy and all the reviews I've seen of this so far show smooth performance. Also, the Zenphone 2 delivers great performance for the price, especially when it comes to web browsing, which is important. This tablet has the exact same internals as the higher spec'd Zenphone 2.

Here's another new review I watched yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzsmVwEvjlQ

I hope it's under 2500 mAH.
wtf I'd never wish that on a fellow androider. Not even samsung users. It doesn't look tooooo thin so I'm hoping it's rocking a 3000mah+ battery.

I think the threshold for bad battery on a 5.2 inch 1080p would be lower than 2700mah. Google pls.

Alleged Nexus 5 selfie picture is going around. 5mp front-facing shooter, for what that's worth.

The SoC and battery remain an utter mystery, which is crazy. You'd think there would've been a benchmark or something leaked by now.

The most reliable rumor came from AndroidPolice in May. They said LG was considering the 808, and the battery would be in the ballpark of 2,700, which would be a complete and utter fail. Thankfully, they said both specs were not final in the least. So, there's hope...

My guess is 2850. Just high enough to bite, and low enough to not last a full hard day of use.
3100mah believe

Alleged Nexus 5 selfie picture is going around. 5mp front-facing shooter, for what that's worth.

The SoC and battery remain an utter mystery, which is crazy. You'd think there would've been a benchmark or something leaked by now.
yeah I saw that but didn't post it because whatevz. I personally don't care about the SOC....as long as it's priced accordingly. If it's rocking a 615 or 620 it better be cheap off contract. If it's rocking an 808 then that's fine too.

But a 2500mah or less battery would be such a dealbreaker :|

3100mah believe

yeah I saw that but didn't post it because whatevz. I personally don't care about the SOC....as long as it's priced accordingly. If it's rocking a 615 or 620 it better be cheap off contract. If it's rocking an 808 then that's fine too.

But a 2500mah or less battery would be such a dealbreaker :|

I would prefer a 620, as it's better than the 808 and 810 in many ways (on paper at least).

You're right, though. Processor does not matter for me either. I just want a good battery size.

Well I'm either going to get used to BLOOP BLOOP or it's going to drive me insane within 24 hours.

Let's hope for Samsung's sake I get used to it, I have 14 days to return this Note 4.

No you cannot root AT&T and Verizon Note 4's otherwise I would have changed it by now like I did with my Note II.

this_guy

Well I'm either going to get used to BLOOP BLOOP or it's going to drive me insane within 24 hours.

Let's hope for Samsung's sake I get used to it, I have 14 days to return this Note 4.

No you cannot root AT&T and Verizon Note 4's otherwise I would have changed it by now like I did with my Note II.

Can't you turn the bloop bloop off?

That's another advantage touchwiz has over stock. With touchwiz bloop bloop can be turned off, but stock android doesn't allow you to turn bloop bloop on.
/s

Sucks. Should be a way to turn off tho?

MrJames

I keep mine on vibrate so it never does it. Can you get used to vibrate?

Sid

Lol! you can turn off the sound and change the water unlock effect....

Wreav

Banned

Android
user

reKon

Banned

I just can't..

Top Bottom