• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Guys I don't want to turn off touch sounds, I want to replace them with the default Android ones. However this requires root.

Fuck it, I just turned BLOOP BLOOP off. It's so weird tapping my phone and not having audible feedback on touch now.

Hasney

how will you live

please update us hourly

snark-o-meter.jpg

how will you live

please update us hourly

2:30 pm -

I'm getting used to the silence when I tap my screen. Trying to get a working ad-blocker that works without root has been a non-trivial experience. I hate ads, and mobile ads are just obnoxious since they also consume your mobile data. On the up side, Need for Speed: Most Wanted runs pretty well on this phone considering the 1440p screen resolution. I'm hungry. Maybe I should have something to eat before I keep playing with my new phone.

Quixzlizx

I'm getting used to the silence when I tap my screen. Trying to get a working ad-blocker that works without root has been a non-trivial experience. I hate ads, and mobile ads are just obnoxious since they also consume your mobile data. On the up side, Need for Speed: Most Wanted runs pretty well on this phone considering the 1440p screen resolution. I'm hungry. Maybe I should have something to eat before I keep playing with my new phone.

adblockplus doesn't count?

Does anyone know whether adblockplus.org is the legit site? I noticed you can install it for Android from there, but I was wary.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
the best remote is the one you have with you
Exactly, I was in ikea today and some women had hooked up there phone to the TV put there feet up and were eating snacks while watching the 'let it go' music video. I did a quick brand search and pressed power, hey presto, no more frozen.
Priceless feature.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Are there any stock roms for the Zenpad?

You could use the resources on other things for development. If I never deleted anything on my phone, including the random crappy game I try and delete I wouldn't even hi t 128 gb. Heck I might barely hit the 64 gb level.
smh.

i can't imagine not being able to root.

Note 5 seems to have legit battery life.

FinFET.

Anyone try to watch mobiletechreview? She's informative but damn is she dull

Lisa from MobileTechReview is awesome!

i can't imagine not being able to root.

Oddly enough the only thing I used regularly with my root access was ad blocker. Now I've thought about it a bit, besides replacing BLOOP BLOOP with default Android touch sounds, I can't come up with any other single thing I really miss from being unrooted. I've always run stock TouchWiz on my Note II, just with some mods and tweaks.

The screen on the Note 4 is pretty amazing, I'm using it in "AMOLED Photo" mode and the color accuracy is spot on with my calibrated TV.

How the hell am I supposed to buy this damn thing while staying on my prepaid plan -.-'

You don't unless you wait for a year until it drops under $500. Just get a OnePlus 2 or Moto X. OnePlus 2 battery isn't bad and apparently got better after a new update. Moto X battery will be horrible.

reKon

Banned
She's my favorite tech reviewer. So much more detail than anyone else.

I typically watch her for more detail even though she can be a bit dry.

I watched her, MKBHD, and Michael Fisher for different perspectives. On written reviews, I usually look at Anandtech and GSMArena.

MarkusRJR

I went to get a Moto X Play and both Bell and Koodo told me I can't buy it outright.

What the hell?
Yeah, Canadian carriers are awful. I remember trying to buy a Koodo Nexus 4 when they got them (couldn't buy one online since I didn't have a credit card then). They told me they don't sell new or flagship phones outright or something along those lines. Sounded like bs to me though. They probably just wanted me to sign a contract/get a tab.

I think you can definitely buy a phone outright with no hassle if you buy off the carrier website.

Hieberrr

I went to get a Moto X Play and both Bell and Koodo told me I can't buy it outright.

What the hell?

Yeah, I went to Telus on Friday and they said no. I also called another Telus store over the phone and asked them and they said no as well and told me it was reserved for new activations (and I guess existing customer upgrades). That's straight up bullshit - how is that even fair?

I ended up ordering one from the Telus website. Once it comes, I'm just going to unlock it through an online service.

Top Bottom