• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Saiyan-Rox

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...angler-5-7-inch-nexus-phone-appear-on-google/

hmmmmmmmm

nexus2cee_QQ20150824155811_thumb.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It looks like an iPhone 5 at the top and an iPhone 6 for the rest. I am not happy with it.

Maiar_m

N5-2 hump I can deal with, but this is just crazy. Imagine a phone thick enough to get that back panel level where all that waster space is filled with extra battery life...

what does exactly hurt on a s6 (or any decent android smartphone) ? Everything works these days. Average user doesn't care about occasional lag here or 20 minutes less of battery life. As if Iphones had outstanding battery life (afaik iphone 6 has similar one as most popular android phones and barely last a full day)
O yeah, some times android has that rogue app that drains battery life....
Really my wife uses her s4 without problems, 18 months and 0 issues. My mother has a BQ aquaris, 0 problems and great battery life (5 inches 2500mAh quadcore mediatek phone). And the same could be said about all relatives , all of them using android and a couple of windows phones.

Iphones are popular because apple is a popular brand, like bmw or audi are preferred to Kia. Not because they have the better product.
they're a popular brand because their products are good

And someone already said it above but the more you do to a samsung phone whether it's fiddle with settings or continously add apps and so on, the worse they seem to get. That's my personal experience when trying to help customers. I've never seen a larger ranger of issues than dealing with samsung phones.

I need a new goddamn phone.
me too :(

soon soon 5-2 all in that ass

Alright, I get it. "No one reads" is a running gag in this thread and it's kinda funny. But forcing it to such an extend makes it really lame, Pyro.

terrier

Love it. I wish they would ditch the idea of the fingerprint scanner on the back though.

it is a very natural placement since you usually hold your phone and have fingers where the scanner is. I still find the sony idea the best probably.

That huge camera thing though......

they're a popular brand because their products are good

And someone already said it above but the more you do to a samsung phone whether it's fiddle with settings or continously add apps and so on, the worse they seem to get. That's my personal experience when trying to help customers. I've never seen a larger ranger of issues than dealing with samsung phones.

Of course iphones are good.They should be as the are expensive and to keep customers happy too. But popularity goes beyond that: it is like some brands (jeans, watches, cars.....) that give you that cool 'status'. That is something Apple has and others don't. And it is very difficult to 'buy' that 'aura'.

I've been asked more often how to do certain things from iphone users that saw me doing this or that on my android device, than from android users. Of course that is anecdotal, sure, OEM phones are a bit bloated and 'can' make things a bit confusing/complicated for average user, but if you just use google account and play store apps, really, the normal thing is that you will be fine, from cheap 100€ phones like Moto E to high end ones closer to Iphone prices.

I remember when everyone ridiculed apple for their miniscule camera hump and of course Android OEMs had to one up it.

Seriously though, I like the look of the LG nexus more than the huawei one, surprisingly.

I remember when everyone ridiculed apple for their miniscule camera hump and of course Android OEMs had to one up it.

Seriously though, I like the look of the LG nexus more than the huawei one, surprisingly.

People ridiculed Apple because they tried to hid the hump on the product shots.

A camera hump in and itself isn't that bad, but the one on the Galaxy S6 just looks awful. The one on the Huawei Nexus L looks even worse. The problem is that it's absolutely unnecessary. If you can't make the device thin enough without creating a camera hump, then don't bother. No one gives a shit if your device is 0.5 mm thinner than your previous one.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yo why they gotta downgrade the screen size smh

Wreav

Banned
I think Angler is still appropriate, given how ugly both are.

Angler-Fish.jpg

Also your face when the N5.7 is announced at $650

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anyone know if there's an app I can use that works similar to the S6 Edge Contacts app? As in it pops up heads of a few core contacts when they have sent me a message/email, but otherwise nothing appears on screen? I thought there was something like that but I can't find it anymore. Essentially a notification aggregator by contact.

Talon

Dear God that backside is terrible.
Iphones are popular because apple is a popular brand, like bmw or audi are preferred to Kia. Not because they have the better product.
Did you just say Kias are equivalent to BMW or Audi?

This explains everything.

Top Bottom