• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Ty4on

Snapdragon 800...running over 1080p. It's not going to be pretty.

S800 is ok for 1080p/1200p. It won't blow away anyone in gaming, but tons of devices were 1080p with the S4Pro/S600.

The LG G3 barely managed with the S801 AC (same GPU at higher clocks) and 1440p.
I mean it's a screen that turns on and connects to media players.

My 27" Trinitron from 1996 = your 4K Bravia
Sadly not entirely wrong T_T
CRTs still whomp LCDs in speed and blacks.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...angler-5-7-inch-nexus-phone-appear-on-google/

hmmmmmmmm

nexus2cee_QQ20150824155811_thumb.jpg

Man, I thought the LG one looked ugly with the volcano-like protrusion, huge fucking bezels and shite sensor ring, but this is taking hideous to another level. Is that a hand periscope look they’re going for, or an electric shaver? smh

Can I buy a Moto X Style/Pure unlocked from the States and use it in Canada?

I don't know much about phones tbh

Edit: ugh 5.7 inch phone. That's easily too big for me.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Can I buy a Moto X Style/Pure unlocked from the States and use it in Canada?

I don't know much about phones tbh

The X Style/Pure is already unlocked. Problem is getting moto to sell you one since you live in Canada

fake edit: wait, the style/pure isn't going to be sold in Canada? seems like it would be

MarkusRJR

Why the hell does the Moto X Play not have a gyroscope? Apparently the frame is also plastic painted to look like metal too. Seriously, WTF? The second gen Moto X costs basically the same price with better specs and nicer materials.

Why the hell does the Moto X Play not have a gyroscope? Apparently the frame is also plastic painted to look like metal too. Seriously, WTF? The second gen Moto X costs basically the same price with better specs and nicer materials.

The Play is supposed to have a much better camera but we've all heard this story from Moto before so who knows.

The X Style/Pure is already unlocked. Problem is getting moto to sell you one since you live in Canada

fake edit: wait, the style/pure isn't going to be sold in Canada? seems like it would be

I have a po box in Washington and I'm twenty minutes from the border. I can get the phone, but if it doesn't work with Canadian carriers, what's the point?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I have a po box in Washington and I'm twenty minutes from the border. I can get the phone, but if it doesn't work with Canadian carriers, what's the point?

It does work with Canadian Carriers, since they use the same network bands and the device is completely unlocked

zewone

My heart is still set on the Nexus 5-2, but I don't think the Huawei N6 is ugly. Maybe it looks too much like an iPhone.

Really hoping 5-2 has a 620 instead of an 808 though.

But as long as it's $300-$350, it's mine.

Quixzlizx

I'm currently using a N4, so the 5.2" screen of the 5-2 will feel like a nice upgrade for me. I need to ease my way into 5.7".

Please have a good battery, please have a good battery, please have a good battery...

Cheebo

Banned
I'm currently using a N4, so the 5.2" screen of the 5-2 will feel like a nice upgrade for me. I need to ease my way into 5.7".

Please have a good battery, please have a good battery, please have a good battery...
A good battery and Nexus....not going to happen.

jay23

It fucking does look like a hammerhead with that black bar across

hammerhead-sharks-pictures0.jpg

Lol this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the back. I don't understand why they didn't just make it a little thicker and use a bigger battery to make everyone happy.

Were you guys expecting snapdragon 820 on the Hauwei?

I can live with the hump.

But not those bezels. nope nope nope. I guess OnLeaks wasn't kidding with those dimensions.

I really want to get rid of this OPO as well, but there's shit all out there that ticks all the boxes. The closest contender is the S6, but not with that battery.

VoxPop

Good God 2.3 was a mess.

but widgets and default apps

I personally like the black strip on the Huawei. Gives it some character unlike the other Android phones out there. That front makes it look like a poor man's iPhone though. Not sure why they never get the matching front colors and always just make it all black. The physical home button is one of my favorite things about the iPhone, not sure why more manufacturers don't copy it.

Guys, I think I'm about to accept the flat tire on the new Moto 360. I need to see the watch with a metal band first, but maybe it's not so bad? Oh God...

Top Bottom