• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
David Ruddock ‏@RDR0b11 8m8 minutes ago

So, my theory on the One M9 real-or-fake render thing is this: I think the early leaks with new design aren't fake, but old.

I think the renders that look a lot more like One M8 are probably real. But I think the radical renders were the M9 - at one point.

I think it's possible HTC re-worked the M8 design to cut costs and dumped the M9's major redesign in favor of something cheaper to make.

he's probably right :(

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
bg.jpg

Husker86

The newer leaks hardly look different than the M8. If HTC fucks this up then I have no sympathy for their likely continued downfall.

remz

No fucking way HTC are dumb enough to rehash the m8/m7 design so identically. Even though the M7 and M8 are relatively the same, seeing them together they're clearly different. That M9 looks exactly like an M8. It isn't going to make anyone at all buy it, especially in godawful gold.

It also makes no sense they'd go through all the design work on that new design to just go back to the old one. I feel they're moving past the M7 look now.

The shiny sleek one is what they'll release if they have any sense/it's real.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Lol if HTC does the cost cutting shit I am off that train. I will wait for something else.

Same, I'm waiting for the M9 for my next upgrade but if it looks like the M8(which I find ugly), HTC can fuck off, they won't be getting my money for atleast 2 years. Hell, I would probably get an M9 if it looked like the M7, but not the M8.

I may jump on the N6 bandwagon. Samsung would be in the conversation but not sure I wanna touch touchwiz with a ten foot pole. I actually really want a Z3 because of PS4 remote play, but I'm afraid that Sony is gonna bail out and I'll be stuck with a Lollipop phone until my next upgrade.

Samsung can release a black slab made of feces and HTC can release a cardboard phone for all I care. Moto X and Nexus....don't fuck me this year!

Voror

This may seem an odd question but how available are podcasts on Android?

Our contract is up and while I have a 4S, I was thinking of moving over to Android through perhaps the Xperia Z3V, Galaxy S4 or HTC One. I never really used the Apple features with the exception of the podcast app, so I wanted to know if you can still get a good selection if I were to transfer over.

yyzjohn

Banned

Our contract is up and while I have a 4S, I was thinking of moving over to Android through perhaps the Xperia Z3V, Galaxy S4 or HTC One. I never really used the Apple features with the exception of the podcast app, so I wanted to know if you can still get a good selection if I were to transfer over.

Very available. I use pocket casts on Android.

Schrade

Podcasts don't give a fuck what platform you're on. They have RSS feeds. You can subscribe to those RSS feeds on anything and Android has tons of Podcast apps. I personally use Podcast Republic

Quasar

It just seems like you're not allowed to drop your phone ever if the screen wraps around the edge like that. This might end up in more shattered phones than the iPhone 4 and it's glass back had.

That'll teach them for not looking after their stuff better :)

Still have my launch N4 thats always been nude. Still don't have a scratch on it and i don't feel I'm particularly careful about it all.

remz

That'll teach them for not looking after their stuff better :)

Still have my launch N4 thats always been nude. Still don't have a scratch on it and i don't feel I'm particularly careful about it all.

Man consider yourself lucky on that one. When I ad a nexus 4 I remember the back glass spontaneously exploding when it was sitting back down on a table one day. That was fucked. Craziest crack pattern.

I dropped it 6 months later and the front panel was completely ruined. Boooo

Man consider yourself lucky on that one. When I ad a nexus 4 I remember the back glass spontaneously exploding when it was sitting back down on a table one day. That was fucked. Craziest crack pattern.

I dropped it 6 months later and the front panel was completely ruined. Boooo

Wow my friend had the exact same thing happen to him. He flashed a custom Lollipop ROM (before it was officially updated), his Nexus 4 overheated and the glass on the back shattered.

this_guy

pffft I don't know this american lingo

faceless was right mentioning it because it is better than those. If you're ok with average battery life than the Moto X looks like it's 99.99 on their website.

I had an LG G3 and just recently switched to a 2nd gen Moto X. The battery life on the Moto is NOT average, it's sub par versus other flagships. I average 2-3 hours of screen time. Battery life is comparable to the Galaxy S3 and that era of phones.

The camera is also decidedly NOT average, it's also just plain bad. The people that constantly pimp the Moto X refuse to say anything negative about the phone, and instead just point the negative aspects as average. Average would be middle of the pack, but battery life and camera is either the worst or among the worst versus other flagships.

I like to switch phones a lot if you're wondering why I went from G3 to Moto X.

Voror

faceless was right mentioning it because it is better than those. If you're ok with average battery life than the Moto X looks like it's 99.99 on their website.

I'd sort of prefer to have good battery life as opposed to average. But compared to the ones I mentioned before the LG G3 would be the best?

And the SAMSUNG Galaxy Note® 3 (Certified Pre-Owned) Starts at $99.99 if you want good battery life.

I'll have to have a look at that one as well I suppose.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Was perhaps considering doing so.

Verizon

Edit: The LG G3 is actually free with the plan. Will have to look at that one more.

Love my G3 on AT&T. The lollipop update has been great, and I have no issues. Can't recommend this phone enough on contract for free.

gcubed

Does anyone here have a nexus 6?

Just want to check if you're experiencing the same issues i'm having with mine that are all sound related :(

-Sometimes when i get an SMS the phone vibrates but no sound for a few seconds after then it comes out all distorted.

- the "Hangouts" notification sound never plays properly like the start of the sound isn't playing.

- if I have touch sounds on or use the camera after the camera shutter sound or a touch sound I can hear that the speaker is still on and making a tiny bit of static for a few seconds then I can hear the speaker actually switch off.

- using the default "messenger" app from Lollipop it hs an option to have a sound when sending a message and sometimes that sound doesn't play right either like it too is being cut off at the start and playing the rest.

the speakers themselves work 100% on everything else that's why i'm not sure if this is a software issue or not.

The volume ramping/cutoff is definitely a bug on the n6. #waitfor51

Top Bottom