• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

MFatedG.png
Incredible.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
A whole page talking about Samsung and the M9 and no one gives a shit about Google Wallet huh?
It's old stuff. The new development is cool I guess but it changes nothing for most in this thread.

What's the point of the edge when most people use cases that cover the sides? And now that the sides are vulnerable you are at an even higher risk to bust the glass.

Maybe Samsung will introduce SamsungCare just for the 6 edge.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's apparently a bigger deal in countries where credit cards were not as extensively adopted. I'm thinking especially of Asian nations here.
Funny, because Europe has problems with credit cards. They all use debit instead, like suckers.

Husker86

What's the point of the edge when most people use cases that cover the sides? And now that the sides are vulnerable you are at an even higher risk to bust the glass.

Most people are wrong.

I'd prefer manufacturers to not gimp their designs in order to accommodate how cases will work
yes, I know I live in a fantasy world

Groof

It's hard to get excited about anything Google these days because either it never gets properly released or it remains US only.

terrier

what is the point of metal for the very same reason? People have been bitching samsung for using plastic but most iphones i 've seen use horrible cases.,...

The most annoying N6 thing for me right now is how when you do a phone call on speaker for the first 3-4 seconds the voice is really low and then ramps up.

Hasney

Just had my first really annoying N6 bug. When watching a video in Chrome in full screen and I don't exit before it finishes, I lose the Home/back/task manager buttons. Then if I close the tab, Chrome completely crashes.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Can someone talk me out of rooting my phone? I mean, how important is warranty really?

These days it feels like every other app I install have cooler features exclusive to rooted phones. Bleh.

Volotaire

Can someone talk me out of rooting my phone? I mean, how important is warranty really?

These days it feels like every other app I install have cooler features exclusive to rooted phones. Bleh.

If you're in Europe, rooting will not invalidate your warranty.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm about to throw my phone out the window. I cannot enable any of the services listed in the accessibility menu. There are apps that are asking for these services to be turned on in this menu but I can't press "ok" to enable the service, I can only press cancel. Google is of no help.

Nexus 4 not rooted.

Edit: it's a big in the app Twilight.

Xisiqomelir

I have like the only phone where rooting can actually fuck you over (Sony hides DRM keys in the TA partition, specific to each phone). The "Bravia engine" stops working if the keys are missing, ruining the camera IQ.

Still ain't no thing to back the keys up, root it, and install whatever I want, then put them back and relock the bootloader.

What's your phone?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I have like the only phone where rooting can actually fuck you over (Sony hides DRM keys in the TA partition, specific to each phone). The "Bravia engine" stops working if the keys are missing, ruining the camera IQ.

Still ain't no thing to back the keys up, root it, and install whatever I want, then put them back and relock the bootloader.

What's your phone?
Note 4 on T-Mobile. I'm itching to remove all the bloat, among other things.

Top Bottom