• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Toki767

Yes, it's part of the TB3 spec which is coming with Skylake.

New MBPs are almost certainly coming. MBA won't be this year.

edit I just remembered the 2015 MBP came out not long ago, I should know because I helped my dad buy it. I think iMacs will be the first to get Skylake.

Yeah...the 15" got updated in May and the 13" got updated in March.

I mean...it's certainly possible for them to do a spec bump now that Skylake is out, but I definitely wouldn't expect USB Type-C or anything major as an update to its shell until next year.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The new Nexus 6 seems more like a feature upgrade. USB C, finger print reader. Cool. But the internals and battery don't seem to be a beast. I want more info about its phone radios. Please be a one model phone. None of this USA and world phone model nonsense.

Penghazi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQB0TFcdFIs

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is Amazon Underground a new thing? Just noticed a link on Amazon UK. Looks like a version of the Amazon App Store but without in-app purchases. According to Amazon's blurb they pay the app developers based on how many minutes you play or use the app, and in return they remove in app purchases.

EmiPrime

The new Nexus 6 seems more like a feature upgrade. USB C, finger print reader. Cool. But the internals and battery don't seem to be a beast. I want more info about its phone radios. Please be a one model phone. None of this USA and world phone model nonsense.

Penghazi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQB0TFcdFIs

Shit company with idiot designers. I shouldn't be surprised that they have fanboys defending them for this but I am.

Wreav

Banned
I'll be really curious to see what GSM bands the Play has when it shows up as the new Maxx. Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

Why Is T-Mobile Telling Manufacturers To Remove Band 12 LTE Support From Some Unlocked Smartphones?
If this were an isolated incident, it might seem easy enough to write this off as a support person doing what support people do (speaking out of their rear ends), just trying to get a thread closed. Except the Moto G 2015 has recently had band 12 removed from its spec page, as well. And: that same Motorola employee (Tom) was seen posting on the Moto forums and Reddit recently, and he can't even confirm the upcoming 2015 Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) will support band 12. That's not exactly encouraging.
so there's that.

You are pyro
DefensiveHandmadeApe.gif

I'm goin crazy here

Fuck tmobile. They don't get to get away with anything, despite their stellar recent history.

their recet history of zero rating some music streaming services?

They are also one of two US carriers (the other is Verizon) who are secretly placing the DT Ignite malware on their devices by default. If you don't know what it is, you better find out and disable or uninstall it if you're rooted.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
apparently the nexus phones will be used as the basis no? So maybe that means we'll get lucky and the LG nexus at least will be early october/mid september.

I'm dreaming.

Have we had image leaks of Nexii this early before? I can't remember when they usually start.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Are there ever fake Nexus hardware leaks? The credible rumors always pan out.

They are also one of two US carriers (the other is Verizon) who are secretly placing the DT Ignite malware on their devices by default. If you don't know what it is, you better find out and disable or uninstall it if you're rooted.
Can't trust any of these companies smh

Busaiku

I notice that I get updates for apps I downloaded through Amazon both through Amazon and Amazon Appstore. After I download from the former, I get prompted from the latter.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Have we had image leaks of Nexii this early before? I can't remember when they usually start.

Roughly around this time, yeah. However, they're usually leaks of prototypes, rough devices without the Nexus logo on them.

The leak of the Nexus 5-2, in particular, was clearly a near-final device. It was clear and polished.

23qwerty

I got a bluetooth speaker without any track control buttons on it unfortunately. Anyone know of a way to be able to control the track through the volume buttons on it? I tried holding them down to skip since I figured maybe that'd work since you can do that on the phone itself but no dice.

GtwoK

Another payment service no one give a a shit about. I can't wait.

Curious as to why you think "no one will give a shit" about this.

Here in Canada, I'd say over 80% of stores already have tap-to-pay terminals, as our credit and debit cards have had contactless payments for years and years now. In fact, it's the only way I ever pay for anything any more — just pull out my card and quickly tap it, then done.

Once Android Pay launches I wont even need my wallet with me —I'll just use my phone, or even better, and Android Watch if I ever get one (do they even have NFC in them yet?). Super duper convenient. You may think no one will give a shit since there are not many contactless payment terminals in the US, but believe me, it's very standard here.

But then again, I may be incorrectly assuming that you are American.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I got a bluetooth speaker without any track control buttons on it unfortunately. Anyone know of a way to be able to control the track through the volume buttons on it? I tried holding them down to skip since I figured maybe that'd work since you can do that on the phone itself but no dice.

Does it have a call answer button on it? You could try double clicking for FFWD and triple clicking for RWD like an inline remote on your headset would do.

giga

Curious as to why you think "no one will give a shit" about this.

Here in Canada, I'd say over 80% of stores already have tap-to-pay terminals, as our credit and debit cards have had contactless payments for years and years now. In fact, it's the only way I ever pay for anything any more — just pull out my card and quickly tap it, then done.

Once Android Pay launches I wont even need my wallet with me —I'll just use my phone, or even better, and Android Watch if I ever get one (do they even have NFC in them yet?). Super duper convenient. You may think no one will give a shit since there are not many contactless payment terminals in the US, but believe me, it's very standard here.

But then again, I may be incorrectly assuming that you are American.
She's Russian.

this_guy

Sucks about band 12 support - looks like you'll need a T-Mobile branded phone. I wonder if the new iPhone will also lack band 12 as well.

It's amazing how much goodwill T-Mobile receives online especially with their recent 4th place finish overall in Rootmetrics nationwide testing.

Fatalah

cityman.0.jpg
talkman.0.jpg

These new Lumia's look great.

If Microsoft continues to play nice with Android, who knows what we'll see in the future.

Talkman (Lumia 950)

+Matte White or black polycarbonate body
+5.2 inch WQHD (1440x2560) OLED display
+Snapdragon 808, 64-bit Hexa core
+Iris scanner (infrared) for Windows Hello
+3GB of RAM
+32GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot
+20MP PureView rear camera
+5MP Wide-angle front facing camera
+3000 mAh removable battery
+Qi wireless charging with flip cover
+USB Type-C

Cityman (Lumia 950 XL)

+Matte White or black polycarbonate body
+5.7 inch WQHD (1440x2560) OLED display
+Snapdragon 810, 64-bit Octa core
+Iris scanner (infrared) for Windows Hello
+3GB of RAM
+32GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot
+20MP PureView rear camera with triple LED flash
+1mm silver ring inside the circumference of the black camera pod
+Aluminum side buttons
+5MP Wide-angle front facing camera
+3300 mAh removable battery
+Qi wireless charging integrated
+USB Type-C

tzare

They look like your standard flagship these days. .. well, no fingerprint scanner and yet to be proven iris scanner (need to hold the phone in front of you? Distance? ) though it may be better who knows. .. And plastic that many think it is not premium.

To bad no gapps for WP. How does sideloading android apps work ? Is it convenient?

Top Bottom