• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

terrier

I just want to ask you guys opinion

What is the most prefect shaped phone so far?

Nexus 5

Btw Huawei showed a 79€ smarband that looks like a smartwatch. Probably not Android Wear but seems interesting , 3 days battery life, notifications (not sure if you can interact though)

honor-pure-smartwatch.jpeg

vivftp

lol these android oems and these logos man str8 killin me

I read a comment from someone on another forum that speculates the engraved logo might provide additional grip while taking photos. It's pretty much right where your right thumb would be when snapping a picture using the camera shutter key.

New Nexus will probably be out in November like last year right?

It'll be out when M comes out.

So November.

Most rumors point to Android M in September, alongside the Nexus 5. Nexus 6 in October/November.

In fact, a Korea blog, which claims their source also gave them accurate info about the original N5, said it is coming September 29th, to be exact, via the Play store.

We all know what it looks like, but the lack of information about the battery is concerning.

2,700mAh is the only rumor so far from Android Police back in May. Prepare for disappointment.

data

So... if the Moto X Play doesn't have gyro, how would one change the orientation of apps and play games that use the gyro?

reKon

Banned
Heyyyyyy: http://m.gsmarena.com/archos_diamond_tab_becomes_official_with_4g_lte_support-news-13730.php

http://www.archos.com/us/products/tablets/diamond/archos_diamondtab/index.html

Not bad! I like having more options available. Good job Archos! I hope the Galaxy Tab S 2 has terrible sales which that laughable pricing. The highlight here is the 3GB of ram, relatively larger battery, LTE and pricing! If this actually gets Android M, it's looking good.

Side note: Even though I'll never pay more than $300 for a tablet, it's kind of crazy how good performing the iPad Air 2 is. Obviously more ram would be a great decision, but that tablet still blows everything away. If only iOS was a better OS ;(. At least the multi window implementation looks good.

Ty4on

I just want to ask you guys opinion

What is the most prefect shaped phone so far?

It's not perfect, but I quite like the shape of the Nexus 4.
If I were to make myself a smartphone right now the shape would be the same only slightly taller to accommodate a 16:9 screen, something like a leather/wood back and bigger nubs to prevent it sliding.

The original Moto X looks great, but I've never held it (never sold here). I'm curious how the curve makes it on a flat surface.
So... if the Moto X Play doesn't have gyro, how would one change the orientation of apps and play games that use the gyro?
The accelerometer. Every iPhone before the 4 lacked the gyro as well.

So I got an s6 edge + through the Samsung trial thing. I haven't had this much fun using a phone since I had the nexus one. Probably going to get the moto x but man this thing is good

reKon

Banned
Samsung phones are so great when you first turn them on and set up. Give it a month or so of installing apps and stuff. The experience deteriorates worse than any other phone oem I've ever used. And I've used almost all.

I'll never to get experience this, lol. I remember back in the day wanting a Galaxy S2, but I think that never ended up getting one because of Verizon. I always thought the skin was shitty and bloated until recently. If the Galaxy Tab S 2 was priced better and had a bigger battery, I may have considered it. I feel like like I'm never going to get a Samsung device running Touchwiz because Samsung keeps fucking something up. Battery life should have been a futher improved, not regressed!

thespot84

It's not perfect, but I quite like the shape of the Nexus 4.
If I were to make myself a smartphone right now the shape would be the same only slightly taller to accommodate a 16:9 screen, something like a leather/wood back and bigger nubs to prevent it sliding.

The original Moto X looks great, but I've never held it (never sold here). I'm curious how the curve makes it on a flat surface.

The accelerometer. Every iPhone before the 4 lacked the gyro as well.

As a biased owner the 2013 moto x is the best phone to hold that I've ever held. It's stable enough on flat surfaces plus you can spin it when you get fidgity.

reKon

Banned
do you guys ever get exhausted talking about phones that will ultimately disappointing? I mean it's not like this all the time in Android land, but it's definitely the case that this year, all phones seem to be underwhelming so far except for a few.

Top Bottom