• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Is the Helium app still the best way to transfer app data from one phone to another without rooting either device?

I'm thinking about upgrading to the Note 4 from my Note 2 and since I'm on AT&T I can't root the 4 (at least not yet). There's really only 5 or 6 apps I have that I care about transferring the data on. Most have accounts like Gmail or Evernote, but I want my Kingdom Rush saves and a few other games that don't have cloud saves in addition to basic stuff like call logs and texts.
logging into your Samsung account will restore your calls and texts on the new device.

3phemeral

Is the Helium app still the best way to transfer app data from one phone to another without rooting either device?

I'm thinking about upgrading to the Note 4 from my Note 2 and since I'm on AT&T I can't root the 4 (at least not yet). There's really only 5 or 6 apps I have that I care about transferring the data on. Most have accounts like Gmail or Evernote, but I want my Kingdom Rush saves and a few other games that don't have cloud saves in addition to basic stuff like call logs and texts.

I never got Helium to work on any of my devices when they were non-rooted. I did the PC backup too only to discover all folders that represented the individual apps it was backing up were empty. On top of that, it was inconsistent during the backup process so when I thought I finished, trying to restore the apps only prompted with backup failure messages or inability to upload backups to any of my cloud storage services.

It has a high rating still, so somehow people must be getting it to work for them.

reKon

Banned

I used DataSync+ and have saved my sav files to the Google Drive including from Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush Frontiers. Gotta be rooted though.

reKon

Banned
If the Z4 Compact ends up being amazing, would that make me an idiot to sell my Z3C and upgrade to that when they have possibly the most incompetent mobile division on the planet?

btw, where's Lollipop on Xperia Sony? Early 2015 doesn't always have to mean "by end of the first quarter"

If the Z4 Compact ends up being amazing, would that make me an idiot to sell my Z3C and upgrade to that when they have possibly the most incompetent mobile division on the planet?

btw, where's Lollipop on Xperia Sony? Early 2015 doesn't always have to mean "by end of the first quarter"
I hope you like whatever version of android it launches with a lot...lol

Moto won't dissappoint on design. They have some sense.
I'm confident in moto's design though now that they have a 6 inch phone I wouldn't mind lowering the 5.2 X to just 5. But really battery is my only concern.

They seriously just need to release the Moto Maxx with an upgraded SoC and we're good.

kIdMuScLe

Oh wow... So t-mobile has a android software progress web page which tracks how far along the next update is for your phone and Sony Xperia z3 is not even on there :-( what a joke Sony... I'm going Samsung next year.

Men the argument again but almost all games, streaming and video apps auto hide the buttons, so you get more screen real estate when it matters in a smaller case. The argument was valid when they first made the switch, but it's been a long time since I've come across a video or game app that doesn't hide the buttons.

You must hate extra screen space in Chrome or something

reKon

Banned
So I know the LG G3 isn't supposed to perform poorly, but my sister's seems to every time I visit home and use it. Anyone else have a G3 under Verizon? I think it's either:

1) The bloatware is so bad that it cripples her device + she never reboots it

2) There's actually something physically wrong with the device.

So I know the LG G3 isn't supposed to perform poorly, but my sister's seems to every time I visit home and use it. Anyone else have a G3 under Verizon? I think it's either:

1) The bloatware is so bad that it cripples her device + she never reboots it

2) There's actually something physically wrong with the device.

heat throttling from QHD screen. if you root and change res to 1080p apparently apps don't have to work as hard to scale and the device is usable.

this is per phone arena though so do with that what you will

http://www.phonearena.com/news/We-c...and-negligible-battery-life-increases_id65982

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What does she have her brightness set at? Also could be a rogue app? Also she could try a factor reset or else just perform the trick to clear the cache.

For the record I don't have these issues, and I'm running QHD all the time.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm gonna reserve the massive face palm directed at HTC for sunday when we know the full story. HTC has admitted that they will be trolling people this year straight up. So we'll see.

I hope it's just elaborate trolling by HTC. My M7 just got the Lollipop update and it's awesome, so much more snappy than Kit Kat, it's much improved, I'd rather stick with the same experience for my next phone but not at the cost of an M8 clone.

HTC is already dead, they didn't even chart in the Top 10 phone makers in 2014.

It probably didn't help that the M8 was ugly.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Oh wow... So t-mobile has a android software progress web page which tracks how far along the next update is for your phone and Sony Xperia z3 is not even on there :-( what a joke Sony... I'm going Samsung next year.
That page made me depressed this morning. Note 4 lollipop status:

t7Udezb.jpg

Wreav

Banned
What's the consensus on Samsung "security policy updates"?

Always got the vibe they wanted to do deep data collection in the name of anti-malware, always ignored in the past.

I just watched the HTC M9 commercial. Wow. This better be one of the most elaborate hoaxes of all time in the smartphone space because if not........lol.

I've never not sold an apple product within 5 mins of posting it and it's always for some insane amount lol. Bless that demand. Never really owned a samsung product outside of the nexus phones and the s3 briefly. Sold the S3 for a decent amount though.

I've never not sold an apple product within 5 mins of posting it and it's always for some insane amount lol. Bless that demand. Never really owned a samsung product outside of the nexus phones and the s3 briefly. Sold the S3 for a decent amount though.

I sold my S4 after a year and a half for $300 on craigslist. Not to bad since I only paid $450 for it on craigslist a couple of months after release to a guy that wanted to go back to the Note.

Jigolo

what am i missing from that picture that makes us think HTC is fucking with us other than that god damn power softkey

reKon

Banned
I didn't actually pay attention to the details of the pictures..

Guys.. that M9 picture is not legit and it's definitely HTC trolling

Furyous

What's the keyboard shortcut for copyright signs?

That new M9 looks like sex. The brushed aluminum probably feels great in the hand. Either way, I'm waiting for the Erica Griffin/MKBHD reviews to come out. HTC don't fuck this up and please let all of the leaks be false. Surprise me and who knows maybe *cough GPE cough cough* I'll be buy the M9 later on this year.

Do you think it's possible they're making fun of Sammy with that whole camera mode thing, with all the useless filters?

I mean, animated bubbles on a still photo?

useless filters in a phone camera app is the realest thing in the videos. honestly, i could see the exact same videos appearing with the sexier leaked version of the phone in place of that M7-III

this is HTC tho, it's probably all true and we're just hoping they are insane enough to pull this off and not simply so lazy they release a minor revision 3 times in a row.

Top Bottom