• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

manfestival

as much as I want a new powerful bad to the bone phone

samsung fails to impress me with their shaq phones, iphone copy designs, and price tags. Please give me something in the 600 dollarino range that is the latest and greatest. I love my moto g but I am ready to move on

No micro SD makes it dead at launch for me. Note 4 looking better everyday.

With Samsung, I agree. Samsung has always loved microSD cards in their phones and I use one in my Galaxy S4. I think the issue is that to have more memory, you need to spend one or two hundred dollars more just to get that space, when a microSD card can fix that with a shit load less money.

Funny, people still complaining about the M9, too, right?

The "no SD" crowd is so weird. Buy a 128gb model, enjoy life without ever thinking about SD ever again.
Such a waste of needless waste of money.
What exactly are people storing on their phones to take up that much space anyway? My 16GB Xperia Z (like 12GB really) is nowhere near full... after two years.
My two year old 16GB Note 2 has gotten close to getting full lately mainly from apps, and that's with offloading as much of the app data to the SD card as Android allows. I have about 9 games on my phone (most are under 100MBs, but a few are pretty large), and a moderate amount of other apps (nowhere near as much as most people I know). And my 16GB SD card it also pretty full with music, videos, and photos.

My ideal scenario is to have at least a 32GB internal storage which should be enough for all the apps I plan to have at one time, and then a 16-32GB SD card for media files and stuff like that. Spending $100 or more to get extra internal storage has always been crazy to me and one of the main reasons I've steered away from Apple for so long.

Wreav

Banned
Such a waste of needless waste of money.

To never have to worry about dicking around with a flaky SD card, the money is well spent. Read/write speeds are better, don't have to worry about how much room you have for apps.

There's literally no upside to SD unless you're poor, and then you shouldn't be dropping 300 bucks on a phone.

But that's the thing. The bump is so small, why even bother to make the phone thinner than the camera module. It would look much better (as in "not as ugly”) if it was flush. Absolutely nothing noteworthy was achieved by making it thinner. It's not lighter, it won't feel better in your hand and it won't look better.

Instead they fucked up the back again, but this time you can't replace it.

Sam. Sam never changes.

To never have to worry about dicking around with a flaky SD card, the money is well spent. Read/write speeds are better, don't have to worry about how much room you have for apps.

There's literally no upside to SD unless you're poor, and then you shouldn't be dropping 300 bucks on a phone.

Classy.

When I'm pretty sure a 128GB version of this will be $300 on contract right? Take it up a notch and put it at least $400 minimum... for on contract. People don't have the disposable income to buy something that's a $1000 just because they couldn't get a feature that were on previous phones that people love.

Stay classy dude.

Being right doesn't mean I'm being classless. There is literally no advantage short of price when comparing a 128gb phone and a phone with 128gb space, some of which is on SD.

Price is a huge deal. Ignoring it and throwing it to the side is a bit shortsighted.

What SD cards are you using? I've never had an issue with any of the ones I've owned. My 16GB is the same one I've had since I had a Blackberry about 6 years ago. I just pop it out and put it into my new phone. Need more space? Buy a new one and pop it in there and don't worry about buying a whole new phone.

And I'm perfectly well off, thanks, I just don't find the idea of dropping $100-200 for storage that should only cost $25-40 to be a smart use of my money when it can easily be avoided by buying a phone that supports such a simple functionality.

What? How about the upside of expanding memory without replacing your whole phone?

What? How about the upside of expanding memory without replacing your whole phone?

And being able to use old memory in multiple devices, share the content of your memory card with other people etc.

Not sure why anyone would be excited to spend $200 more for memory that can only be used in a single device. Right now, just in my living room, there are seven devices that I can put a microsd card into.

Also, I do find it kind of funny that wreav is being condescending and dismissive to people who are trying to save money when he himself made an entire thread last week to try and get an extra $10 or so from trading in his 360. An extra $200 here is meaningless, but that extra $10 on a 360 trade in is a much bigger deal. ;)

ILoveBish

No wonder apples profit margins are amazing, they've taught people to shame others for going with a non standardized setup to save cash. How we've fallen. And by we, I mean you.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
nexus-6-360.gif

And being able to use old memory in multiple devices, share the content of your memory card with other people etc.

Not sure why anyone would be excited to spend $200 more for memory that can only be used in a single device. Right now, just in my living room, there are seven devices that I can put a microsd card into.

Also, I do find it kind of funny that wreav is being condescending and dismissive to people who are trying to save money when he himself made an entire thread last week to try and get an extra $10 or so from trading in his 360. An extra $200 here is meaningless, but that extra $10 on a 360 trade in is a much bigger deal. ;)

that penny pinching motherfucker. Wreav want $10 in Amazon gift cards?

giga

If you can't afford to upgrade your phone for more storage, you shouldn't own smartphones. A razr is plenty for you plebs.

Hasney

I thought condescending and dismissive was Wreav's ensure shtick. I wasn't under the impression we were supposed to take them seriously at any point.

this_guy

Is anyone else getting cricket scores/updates on their Google Now cards? They keep popping up and I keep removing them. I checked my Google Now settings, and one of the questions specifically asks if I'm interested in cricket, which of course I'm not.

I've always liked Galaxy phones. That oled burn in on their screens sucks though. Having a non removable battery also gets rid of one of it's biggest selling points. I am interested in seeing it though.

markot

Banned
There isnt much there android wise... no wonder the cheapy chinese dudes are picking up so much of the market.

Im just super sad that I saw that great render for the m9, whoever did that is evil. I was so hyped for that phone, no htc bevel and improved camera and it just looked slick.

Top Bottom