• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Donos

Do i read that here right? S6 has no SD card slot??? lol. Now that HTC puts it in their phones, Samsung removes it ??? What next, changeable battery for the One M10 and unibody for the S7?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Do i read that here right? S6 has no SD card slot??? lol. Now that HTC puts it in their phones, Samsung removes it ??? What next, changeable battery for the One M10 and unibody for the S7?

they have to keep invented reasons for people to upgrade. Limiting storage options is a tried and true method.

Cheebo

Banned

Isn't the S6 already unibody? It's all metal with no removable back.

NotBacon

The curve seems smaller(?) than on the Note Edge. Now it just looks like it's there for aesthetics.

Exactly what I said earlier, it looks to serve no purpose at all with how skinny it is.

No lag, video might get posted by someone else, anything is possible. UI is classic Samsung garbage. Slightly different than Note 4. But buttery smooth.

So literally what I was expecting

Like said... anyone who buys that phone is dead to me.
fb0.jpg

Sticking to the classic touchwiz ui garbage is a shame.

Samsung freezing the salary of employees in their Mobile business because of profits dropping lol.

there's also a rumour going around that the next Nexus phone could be made using a Chinese company. Xiaomi hugo barra - google team up anyone?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
HTC is holding their Frequencies press event where the press get to play around with the latest HTC phone before it's officially unveiled, and this guy from an Android website attending had this to say:

Phil Nickinson
‏@philnickinson
And the protests have already begun. #barcelona #mwc2015 #freqs

I have a feeling M8.2 is not gonna be reviewed very well...

Mindwipe

Samsung freezing the salary of employees in their Mobile business because of profits dropping lol.

there's also a rumour going around that the next Nexus phone could be made using a Chinese company. Xiaomi hugo barra - google team up anyone?

A Xiaomi Nexus sounds like a potentially great device, except for the fact it would almost certainly be enormous.

HTC is holding their Frequencies press event where the press get to play around with the latest HTC phone before it's officially unveiled, and this guy from an Android website attending had this to say:

I have a feeling M8.2 is not gonna be reviewed very well...

#teamHTCfuckedup

CronoShot

Someone on xda-developers forum just posted this new image of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge.
YAlYkao.jpg
Guess the rumors of Samsung revamping TouchWiz were wrong. Looks identical to the Note 4. Not to mention the removal of the biggest advantages of Samsung phones: removable battery and expandable storage. I really have no idea why they think copying Apple will save them.

Both the M9 and S6 sound tremendously disappointing.

Hasney

I feel bad for mocking the Moto X with the shit we're being fed so far this year. I'd rather have a backpack with a power generator attached to the phone than deal with the S6/M9/G. FLEX

What if it's an actual phone this time?

lets not get crazy here

And yeah the phone so far are mad disappointing The S6/M9...meh. The flex's existence still boggles my mind a bit but I bet the G4 won't be anything to write home about. Moto for gads sake just put a big batter in the X 2015.

They did good with the E this year. They're one for one. Also nexus...pls.
I'm not excited by anything that Motorola, Samsung, or HTC have shown this year. I want a new phone but really don't like any of the Android phones. :(

Like mentioned there's still the G4, Moto X 2015, OnePlus 2, and Nexus phone. There is hope...sort of.

Husker86

Guess the rumors of Samsung revamping TouchWiz were wrong. Looks identical to the Note 4. Not to mention the removal of the biggest advantages of Samsung phones: removable battery and expandable storage. I really have no idea why they think copying Apple will save them.

Well, they have me considering an S6 when I didn't spare a moments thought about not getting the S5.

I've come to see that I like a solid, premium-feeling device. I like my Nexus 5, but when I use my iPhone 6 (despite almost dropping it every time I hold it) it definitely feels like a better built device.

I still haven't held the Nexus 6 which I hear feels solid, so that's still on my radar--but I always have trouble buying a phone that is more than a few months old.

Only thing holding me back is I will be buying two of whatever phone I choose in the next month. I can't bring myself to get my girlfriend a budget phone while I get a new flagship. If the S6 is indeed more expensive than previous models, that may sway me to the Nexus 6. But...that...size. Ugh.

Groof

Considering the huge boom in popularity the iPhone 6 had in Korea I kinda can see why Samsung are so keen to copy. They're losing their crowd.

Hasney

Copying Apple is just dumb unless you can do it much cheaper. Even if they did every element better, Apple will still be seen by a very large section as a more premium device because of the brand.

Considering the huge boom in popularity the iPhone 6 had in Korea I kinda can see why Samsung are so keen to copy. They're losing their crowd.

companies like xiaomi got that covered. Basically samsung is squeezed on both ends. This year will dictate the direction of their mobile future imo.

It also explains that rumour of the MSRP the unsubsidized price of these phones being so damn high. They're probably expecting to sell even less but want to make it up. So why not punish those that actually will get your device lol.

Rand6

Look at last years non-Samsung flagships. They'll start dropping in price and be decent budget options.

I heard the G is struggling with Lollipop, probably needs a bit more RAM in the next one or hope 5.1 does better memory management.

That's true, 1Go of RAM is crap. I'll wait a little bit...
Thanks!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ya and I need to get a new phone. Waiting another year isn't going to fly cuz off my camera problem. I don't know what I'm going to get and I fear myself just settling for the M9 because there aren't other options.

Get a model from last year, like the G3 or Z3, as a stop gap, considering we should be getting enhancements like USB type C next year. I refuse to support HTC's laziness.

Based off of what we've seen of this year's models, it's looking like I'm going to stick with the M7 for another year, shitty camera and all. I don't even mind too much because Lollipop has breathed new life into this phone. HTC has really worked their magic on Lollipop because my phone is showing no symptoms of the common Lollipop complaints.

they've been listening to reviewers instead of customers. they'll learn. they'll be back on track next year.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ya and I need to get a new phone. Waiting another year isn't going to fly cuz off my camera problem. I don't know what I'm going to get and I fear myself just settling for the M9 because there aren't other options.

What's so terrible about the M9 that it's settling? It's gonna have a non crap camera, sense doesn't suck like it use to, and hardware enternals from the Nexus 5 on have been more than good enough.

I'd say that about most of the phones from last year and this year.

Maybe I just have lower expectations, but I'm struggling to see what people are really missing in all of the higher end phones currently out or about to drop.

What's so terrible about the M9 that it's settling? It's gonna have a non crap camera, sense doesn't suck like it use to, and hardware enternals from the Nexus 5 on have been more than good enough.

I'd say that about most of the phones from last year and this year.

Maybe I just have lower expectations, but I'm struggling to see what people are really missing in all of the higher end phones currently out or about to drop.

why would someone spend high end money on a mid-range display? this is something you have to look at for a year or two!

Vanillalite

I love how a nice 1080p display with accurate colors is midrange garbage now.

I swear other than some specific app fuck ups and Google's own fuck up with the memory management everything from the S600 phones on should run every common day app just fine. I just don't get some of you.

I swear other than some specific app fuck ups and Google's own fuck up with the memory management everything from the S600 phones on should run every common day app just fine. I just don't get some of you.

Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want a Nexus 5 class device (1080p, 2GB RAM, S800) with a great battery that gets me through the day without issues and a good camera on the back. That's it.

Why is that so hard?

Vanillalite

Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want a Nexus 5 class device (1080p, 2GB RAM, S800) with a great battery that gets me through the day without issues and a good camera on the back. That's it.

Why is that so hard?

I mean technically the One Plus does this.

Getting tired of the memory leaks on Lollipop. Google needs to patch faster, but I assume they are waiting for I/O now.

I may need to downgrade to KitKat...

Seems like almost ALL of the exciting rumors surrounding the S6 were wrong -- specifically, that they were going to completely redesign the look and walk back from TouchWiz.

Well midrange phones are coming out with that type of display. But I guess that raises another question: what's the point of high end phones?

Top Bottom