• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Get a model from last year, like the G3 or Z3, as a stop gap, considering we should be getting enhancements like USB type C next year. I refuse to support HTC's laziness.

Based off of what we've seen of this year's models, it's looking like I'm going to stick with the M7 for another year, shitty camera and all. I don't even mind too much because Lollipop has breathed new life into this phone. HTC has really worked their magic on Lollipop because my phone is showing no symptoms of the common Lollipop complaints.

The G3 is too big and the Z3 is still expensive. There's also the thought of getting a year old phone when new phones are out that bugs me but maybe I'll try to get over that. It's not even the low res Ultra Pixel camera that bothers me. It's the fact that it's broken because of either poor camera parts or a design flaw. It's common to get this in low lighting because of it:

htc_one_test_01.jpg

Low lighting pics are extremely purple now and it sucks. It wasn't like this before but now it is which makes taking pics problematic indoors. I could wait another year if it was simply the low resolution of the camera, but this makes the camera unusuable. So I really don't know what I'm going to do at this point. Go back to iPhone? Sigh.....

A Z3 to replace my N5 wouldn't be that bad.

If only Sony weren't dicks about Qi charging. They put it into the Z3v for Verizon, why can't they do it for their proper phones?

e: Just read the rumor that the Z4 might include Qi. Good lord...

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
the purple camera thing has been an HTC flaw for a looooong time

like, since the Desire HD days

dunno why

the purple camera thing has been an HTC flaw for a looooong time

like, since the Desire HD days

dunno why

A flaw as in it eventually breaks to become like that or a flaw as in it is always like that? Because mine wasn't the latter. It used to work great at low light and then suddenly it broke.

DrFunk

A flaw as in it eventually breaks to become like that or a flaw as in it is always like that? Because mine wasn't the latter. It used to work great at low light and then suddenly it broke.

Some would be like that initially, some would take pics with a purple blob in the middle, some would break

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

It's weird, I didn't have that issue with Jelly Bean, but I did with Kit Kat. It seems to have been fixed again in Lollipop, fingers crossed!

That's the tablet right? Still no word on the Z4? :/

Sony is probably my first choice for an upgrade right now.

longdi

Banned
S6 looks like....yet another galaxy design. Though the metal casing will feel MUCH better in my hands, where is the new/better/bolder looks? Whats with the ugly speaker grills and that camera bulge!

I'm fine trading removal battery for metal build. (power packs are dirt cheap and portable now)

No SD slot is the suck. SD is like your HDD storage, you dont need ultra fast, just fast enough to load youmovies and music, what we need is a high gb/$ ratio .

No water proofing? Poor Samsung, Sony is awesome yet again!

HTC M6h
Looks like a Galaxy S_6
Thermal_throttlinLG

Z4 looking stronger than ever now. Z4 may be the "final" fantasy for Sony mobile division, dont screw your last shot boys!

The G3 is too big and the Z3 is still expensive. There's also the thought of getting a year old phone when new phones are out that bugs me but maybe I'll try to get over that. It's not even the low res Ultra Pixel camera that bothers me. It's the fact that it's broken because of either poor camera parts or a design flaw. It's common to get this in low lighting because of it:

htc_one_test_01.jpg

Low lighting pics are extremely purple now and it sucks. It wasn't like this before but now it is which makes taking pics problematic indoors. I could wait another year if it was simply the low resolution of the camera, but this makes the camera unusuable. So I really don't know what I'm going to do at this point. Go back to iPhone? Sigh.....

Had the same problem with mine. I would've waited a bit to get a new phone but I travel a lot and a purple camera fucks up too many good memories

Nooooo.They make great phones.

I still don't understand the Sony defense force. Their UI is garbage. They probably have the slowest updates even though they aren't even carrier locked. They have fragile as fuck phones. Their screens are ok at best. Their waterproof is actually a negative for me because of all the annoying flaps. The only thing they have really going for them is the fact that they know how to optimize battery.

I still don't understand the Sony defense force. Their UI is garbage. They probably have the slowest updates even though they aren't even carrier locked. They have fragile as fuck phones. Their screens are ok at best. Their waterproof is actually a negative for me because of all the annoying flaps. The only thing they have really going for them is the fact that they know how to optimize battery.
You're killing me right now Jazzy

Hasney

Um, this doesn't really explain anything.

I can't help but notice that it's kinda happening with my Note 2 as well. Could it be the rom I'm running?

Sorry, wrong one. I linked you to the thread linked in this thread! Read the bolded parts. It happens on any ROM and I had to replace my S4's USB board to correct it. If it's still slow charging while off, it's not going to be software.

Basically, it can be many things, but it's hardware most likely. Only other thing I could think of trying from this list is cleaning the port.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2126185
Oh man, I hope my post didn't get you banned :(

MVfkTSx.gif

Who's going to be pretentiously calling people out now?! This place is already feeling less condescending... I'm not sure I like it.

catmincer

I broke my z2 so bought an iPhone 6. I can't figure out why I like my iPad so much but iOS on an iPhone is so awful to use?

The lack of back button makes me angry and apps have the software back button in different places.

Sony need to announce z4 so I can get rid of this pos

Gambit61

Um, this doesn't really explain anything.

I can't help but notice that it's kinda happening with my Note 2 as well. Could it be the rom I'm running?

Sorry, wrong one. I linked you to the thread linked in this thread! Read the bolded parts. It happens on any ROM and I had to replace my S4's USB board to correct it. If it's still slow charging while off, it's not going to be software.

Basically, it can be many things, but it's hardware most likely. Only other thing I could think of trying from this list is cleaning the port.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2126185

Who's going to be pretentiously calling people out now?! This place is already feeling less condescending... I'm not sure I like it.

My Note 2 started charging slowly a while back and saw it was just the OEM cable. I'm able to get full charge speed now with the OEM charger and my Droid 3 micro usb. I used the app Galaxy Charging Current to check how much power the cables were providing. For the Note 2 it should be around 1800 mA.
wl5HEMN.jpg

ZetaEpyon

As a One M7 owner, the changes from M7 to M8 never really jived with me. Was really hoping for something great from the M9, but I don't know.

For now I think I'll just stick with my Lollipop M7 and deal with shitty, purple images until something that really grabs me comes out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I literally broke google hangouts with two devices today.

I literally created an alternate timeline ala BTTF with the same people in both chat.

I literally broke Google.

Everyone is sooo fucking confused too. It is amazing.

DrFunk

I literally broke google hangouts with two devices today.

I literally created an alternate timeline ala BTTF with the same people in both chat.

I literally broke Google.

Everyone is sooo fucking confused too. It is amazing.

it's like you made some sort of hangouts wormhole

reKon

Banned
So I shit on Sony and I'm an idiot while everyone here shits on HTC/Samsung/LG but it's fine. K. The defense force is coming out full force now.

In terms of flagships, I think all of the manufacturers have issues with what they're putting out on the market. But to say that it's embarrassing to see Sony try is pretty stupid when they seem to be offering some of the most in terms of hardware/performance.

In terms of flagships, I think all of the manufacturers have issues with what they're putting out on the market. But to say that it's embarrassing to see Sony try is pretty stupid when they seem to be offering some of the most in terms of hardware/performance.

When I say try, what I meant was not try. I was making fun of them. Cause you know, they aren't really trying at all.

Top Bottom