• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Talon, where have you been

Also:

nexus2cee_Z2NV46v_thumb.jpg

Sprint Leaks it themselves

Talon

That sure looks like a Galaxy S.

Started a new startup job a few months ago, so I've just been drowning in a firehose of work. Not enough energy to snark on here with you guys, although it seems like the Stock Wars will never end.

Xisiqomelir

Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want a Nexus 5 class device (1080p, 2GB RAM, S800) with a great battery that gets me through the day without issues and a good camera on the back. That's it.

Why is that so hard?

Join us in Sonyland! We may not have phones at all next year, but this year will be great!

EDIT: Farewell, wreav. May you live an SD-free existence for your hiatus then return to us.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's not an edge. Wtf are you supposed to do with that

Hasney

stop posting shit about the Galaxy 6, the astroturf hype for the phone is getting old.

Why? It's fun. It's not like anyone is going to stumble in here and think "That S6 has certainly got tongues wagging. I'll be the talk of the town if I buy that Edge".

Avixph

Thanks to @UplLeaks, here are the specs for the supposed HTC One M9 Plus (Hima Ultra):
@UpLeaks said:
Hima Ultra has 2 variants, one is powered by Snapdragon 810, another is powered by MTK chipset.
Here is Snapdragon variant’s info.
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8994 2.0GHz*4 + 1.5GHz*4
  • 5.2″ WQHD Display
  • 3GB DDR4 RAM
  • 32GB ROM
  • Touch based finger print sensor(located on front)
  • Support VoLTE and LTE Category 6(up to 300Mbps for Download, 50Mbps for Upload)
  • Android 5.0.2 with Sense 7.0(TBD for Android version)
  • 20.7MP + 2.1MP Main Camera
  • 4MP or 13MP Front Camera
  • BoomSound on front, supports Hi-Fi audio
  • Bluetooth 4.1
  • 2840mAh Battery
MTK version will powered by MT6795 64Bit Octa-core chipset, other spec are same as Snapdragon version’s. MTK version will going to Asia include China(CMCC), Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia. Snapdragon version will going to US at least.

Colors
  • Front/Back Dark Gunmetal
  • Front Gold/Back Silver
  • Front/Back Gold
Source.

Here's an image of the possible design of the HTC One M9 Plus.
qVXxZkH.jpg

Drifters

Another boring Samsung phone with a UI that already is a meme of itself, from a company that gives no fucks about if people think it is an iPhone. I really wish Samsung would just quit making smartphones at this point and sell their division off to Sony.

Avixph

Another boring Samsung phone with a UI that already is a meme of itself, from a company that gives no fucks about if people think it is an iPhone. I really wish Samsung would just quit making smartphones at this point and sell their division off to Sony.

Hhhehehehe that's hilarious.

markot

Banned
Yes. With Sony's incompetence they'd be out of business in a month. That'd show them.

jesalr

Thanks to @UplLeaks, here are the specs for the supposed HTC One M9 Plus (Hima Ultra):

Source.

Here's an image of the possible design of the HTC One M9 Plus.
qVXxZkH.jpg
Other than the speaker grills, that's pretty much the evleaks render. I like it a lot. Will get if battery isn't nuggets.

Think the thing I hate most about the m8 design is the very edges of the front, this doesn't seem to have that edge.

iavi

No thank u. I like my Notes

The S line, and now the edge, don't really bring enough to the table to differentiate, but Samsung has a clear-cut winner with the Note series.

Hasney

M9 Plus is real? Sons of bitches.

Happy with my Nexus 6.... Happy with my Nexus 6....

EDIT: Just saw the htc black bar again. I AM happy with my N6 compared to that.

3phemeral

That's unfortunate about Wreav, I was waiting for him to reply to NotBacon's response to his "My GMail with these optional groupings displayed at the top uses information less efficiently than this iOS versions, of which lacks these same groupings."

Hasney

I'm ready to get my next new phone. It's between S6 or M9. Unless both of them sucks.

tumblr_mx7redyn6w1r3j80ko2_250.gif

Nah, seriously. The M9 isn't looking too bad if you can live with its looks. only concern left is the throttling on the 810 which can make it slower than some 805 phones. Not sure how noticeable it will be until reviews come out.

Tendo

I have an S5 but would like to get an M9. Does Verizon do trade ins? Any idea where I can go to dump the s5? I don't want to do craigslist or ebay. I'll take a sales hit just for ease of getting rid of it.

Chibrou

Hi guys,

I have a question : Do any one of you know a simple app that will allow me to bypass the ip restriction on some sites ? (by changing the proxy I guess)
For example : The comedy central website don't allow me to watch daily show videos and that makes me sad.

Hasney

Hmmm. They legit?

They're just a comparison site. Look for the best offer, then google the company making the offer to offer to see if it's legit.

Hi guys,

I have a question : Do any one of you know a simple app that will allow me to bypass the ip restriction on some sites ? (by changing the proxy I guess)
For example : The comedy central website don't allow me to watch daily show videos and that makes me sad.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.hola&hl=en_GB

Turn off all location settings in your phone while using it too just in case.

Top Bottom