• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

The Edge looks really great. Sucks they went with a glass back. Though with the smaller edges compared to the Note Edge, they seem like they will barely serve any functional purpose, and the Note Edge already didn't do much there.

The Samsung keyboard finally looks good, though it does look very, very similar to the iPhone keyboard.

The Edge looks really great. Sucks they went with a glass back. Though with the smaller edges compared to the Note Edge, they seem like they will barely serve any functional purpose, and the Note Edge already didn't do much there.

The Samsung keyboard finally looks good, though it does look very, very similar to the iPhone keyboard.

Why on earth do phone manufacturer's use glass for the back of a phone?

Why on earth do phone manufacturer's use glass for the back of a phone?
"Premium" feel, I guess. Even though they could've just gone with a nice matte or textured material for the back which would be infinitely more grippy.

And it would've been cool if they made it waterproof again, but I guess they didn't want flaps.

Edit:
Blame all the people that complained about Samsung phones.
Yeah, but it's not impossible to make a well designed phone with expandable storage. Nokia does it; Sony too, and I'm sure some others.

Avixph

Mad Catz announces the S.U.R.F.R. and L.Y.N.X. 3 game controllers ahead of MWC 2015.- Android Authority

• The S.U.R.F.R.
    Ijj5cDB.jpg

• The L.Y.N.X. 3
    bpzTLIF.jpg

Nothing samsung does is really surprising though is it? They put out good specs and performance but lets face as it as far as phone design and software goes they've shown for years that they are a company that has no taste. Can't win em all. They're always slow to buck trends. Glass is out and they're just getting into it. Bloated software is out and they're just now beginning to cut back on some things. Menu/back buttons are out. They're still doing it. etc

It's just how they are, I have come to expect it. Some don't mind it or are willing to live with it for the hardware but eh.

Xisiqomelir

Nothing samsung does is really surprising though is it? They put out good specs and performance but lets face as it as far as phone design and software goes they've shown for years that they are a company that has no taste.

I have neither purchased nor will I ever purchase a Samsung phone, but they surely can't be both a company that has no taste and a dedicated cloner of iDevices?

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but here goes anyway.

I'm looking for a wifi tether app that works on a rooted GS3 on 4.4.2 w/ Verizon

It used to work just fine when I had cyanogen mod, but I recently did a factory reset when I lost my 4G connection to see if that was the problem (worked before), and Verizon might be sending me a new phone if the replacement simcard doesn't work, but just for this weekend, I need something to connect my tablet to the internet through my phone.

I've jut tried about a dozen apps from the Play market, and nothing works.
The only one that kinda worked was Fox-Fi, but it has a very small usage limit that was exceeded in less than 5 minutes.

Groof

Glass backs feel really good. But the fragility is a big trade off. They should've just made the S6 and S6 Edge in the same vein as the A3 and A5. Those actually felt pretty good in hand with a sort of textured aluminium back.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Praise the Goog, Calendar is finally good again! 7-day portrait view, week numbers, tighter spacing and more readable items. Basically, it's back to being as usable as the pre-Lollipop Calendar. Don't know what they were thinking with the original release, but clearly they got enough negative feedback on it to come to their senses.

Cheebo

Banned
There are two Samsung Mobiles basically. Desperate Samsung and Cocky Samsung.

Desperate Samsung (like they are now with their falling high-end phone sales) gut reaction is to copy whatever Apple did a year ago terms of hardware design. Thus the very thing, non-plastic, non-removable battery, and no MicroSD card slot S6.

Cocky Samsung when they feel they are on top of the world does some crazy cool unique stuff, like the Galaxy Note line.

There are two Samsung Mobiles basically. Desperate Samsung and Cocky Samsung.

Desperate Samsung (like they are now with their falling high-end phone sales) gut reaction is to copy whatever Apple did a year ago terms of hardware design. Thus the very thing, non-plastic, non-removable battery, and no MicroSD card slot S6.

Cocky Samsung when they feel they are on top of the world does some crazy cool unique stuff, like the Galaxy Note line.
but the problem is that cocky samsung got them to where they are now, which is alarming drop in sales.

Honestly my hype level is pretty low. Hoping Sony shows something great, but otherwise I am fairly sure everything will not be for me. HTC and Samsung skin the OS too much for my taste.

If Sony doesn't show the Xperia Z4 (and there's substantial rumours to suggest they won't), I genuinely don't know what I'll do with myself...

JoeFu

Banned
Helped my little bro buy a LG G2 and the phone is pretty awesome. Was only 200 and it seems like it runs better than the N5 and the battery life seems pretty insane so far. Really like the design of it too. Crazy that the thing was so cheap.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Yup, looks like I'm skipping this year's upgrade cycle.

Hopefully HTC still exists next year and they deliver an M10 that looks like the evleaks render(or better) with a better chipset that doesn't have the s810's issues and USB type C.

Top Bottom