• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I am gonna write an article about how at least currently I can fundamentally break hangouts at my leisure.

Should have it done by the night's end.

Vanillalite

I hope the article is written in English.

Honestly it will be, and it won't be.

I know that was a dig on my forum posting grammar, but at anyrate describing what I do isn't easy. In general people get lost until I can post reference screenshots.

The problem is I need to figure out if it is something unique to LG's version of Lollipop vs stock on my Nexus 7. Will have to do more bug tests.

this_guy

I have an S5 but would like to get an M9. Does Verizon do trade ins? Any idea where I can go to dump the s5? I don't want to do craigslist or ebay. I'll take a sales hit just for ease of getting rid of it.

I've always used gazelle.com or buybackworld.com. Get a quote, they send you a box for your phone, send that back in and as long as everything works you get paid via PayPal. They can also send a check but that takes longer. You won't get as much money as ebay or craigslist, but the convenience is worth it and you get more than carrier trade in values.

Vanillalite

Also all of you white and gold people are why we can't have nice things. No wonder arguing color accuracy all of these years in here has been such a cluster fuck.

Husker86

That is what I figured. I saw quite a few sites say "Launching this weekend" and I thought it would be odd to launch a phone the day it is officially announced with no hype build up.
That should be the norm.

What was the delay after announcement last year? Anything more than two to three weeks pisses me off. I can't imagine it helps sales either.

Tendo

That should be the norm.

What was the delay after announcement last year? Anything more than two to three weeks pisses me off. I can't imagine it helps sales either.

I'll buy it Sunday if it launches. Hopefully it is soon. my S5 is acting up and I'm ready for something new.

So remember the rumour from a couple days ago about the next nexus phone being made by a chinese manufacturer? Here is more flames for that fire.

Apparently 2 nexus devices coming (at least), one from Huawei and one from LG. If true common sense says LG is making the phone and Huawei might be making the tablet, or maybe both phones but that's doubtful. Or maybe the other way around.

Either way if LG makes the next nexus phone it wouldn't be surprising. Just don't skimp on battery google.

rrvv

So remember the rumour from a couple days ago about the next nexus phone being made by a chinese manufacturer? Here is more flames for that fire.

Apparently 2 nexus devices coming (at least), one from Huawei and one from LG. If true common sense says LG is making the phone and Huawei might be making the tablet, or maybe both phones but that's doubtful. Or maybe the other way around.

Either way if LG makes the next nexus phone it wouldn't be surprising. Just don't skimp on battery google.

my prediction is that LG is making Tablet while Huawei is making Phone

Cheebo

Banned

LG has an established tablet line. Including one they made for google play. I say LG is far more likely to do the tablet.

I think they will both be phones, but trying to hit a entry level and enthusiast price points.

Avixph

Montblanc slip up reveals luxury leather covers for the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge.- Sammobile
OflePNl.png

bnxPDe4.png

wdzVvpT.png

NUUf1Ay.png

ELchQEQ.png

Dobsie

Been trying to justify an upgrade to my n4 these past couple of months but it just runs so well on cm12 I can't see any reason to.
None of these leaked flagships have me particularly interested.

Cheebo

Banned
I think they will both be phones, but trying to hit a entry level and enthusiast price points.

Google has pretty consistently done the tablet+phone combo each year for a while. Not to mention the Nexus line is basically just a hobby for them. Little to no marketing and small production runs. Can't seem the doing two phones.

Hasney

Don't take anything from the Nexus 6 as a trend or anything. It was quite clearly a last minute move to get a device out once it was clear Silver wasn't happening.

Haha told you HTC wasn't making the next nexus. I lost too though.

Cheebo

Banned
Don't take anything from the Nexus 6 as a trend or anything. It was quite clearly a last minute move to get a device out once it was clear Silver wasn't happening.

Well all of the Nexus launches have been little to no advertising and little stock. It's a very niche product. I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Not unless Google subsidizes it, and since they're playing nice with carriers, they probably won't

again though, the nexus 6 wasn't really a standard nexus phone. It was more moto's baby and most likely on moto's terms not google.

This year will be the true test.

again though, the nexus 6 wasn't really a standard nexus phone. It was more moto's baby and most likely on moto's terms not google.

Was it really Moto's baby? Motorola released a non nexus Moto X. I feel like they went with the same design for their 2014 products.

Was it really Moto's baby? Motorola released a non nexus Moto X. I feel like they went with the same design for their 2014 products.

well it was moto's baby in the sense that they were already going to release a phablet called the Moto S and then google needed a nexus phone because they backed away from the silver program and moto obviously rebranded their Moto S to the nexus 6. One of the conditions brought forward from moto was probably that they want it released on all carriers right away for this price or whatever and google didn't really have a choice. There's zero google influence on that device other than the software.

Whereas the other nexus phones were google designed/optimized/priced and planned from the beginning until the end. They weren't rebranding of a different product.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

I suppose...but I can't help but think that that sweet, sweet carrier money/sales might have influenced their thinking a bit. I hope I'm wrong.

NotBacon

I saw ads highlighting the size of the phone and tablet every week during football season.

I've never seen one on the air. Neither has anyone I've talked to. Just on youtube when they launched.

So they don't have zero TV advertising, just .001% of the advertising that Samsung does. Might as well be none....

I've never seen one on the air. Neither has anyone I've talked to. Just on youtube when they launched.

So they don't have zero TV advertising, just .001% of the advertising that Samsung does. Might as well be none....

These ads were all over hulu which is not over the air but is damn close.

Quasar

Been trying to justify an upgrade to my n4 these past couple of months but it just runs so well on cm12 I can't see any reason to.
None of these leaked flagships have me particularly interested.

Yeah. I'm still using a N4 and aside from getting better battery life with say a Sony phone I see no reason to upgrade. But then my app usage is pretty minimal on phones. Its tablets where I use lots of apps.

I'm looking at buying a tablet for uni, taking notes, etc.

Basically I'm leaning towards a Windows one but wanted to ask here, how good are the android tablets for productivity stuff. I'll be using it for:

- browsing the internet
- microsoft office
- taking notes
- annotating pdfs
- maaaaybe some coding

I'd like something with a good stylus that has palm rejection etc, I don't really care about pressure sensitivity though just ease of use for notes and diagrams.

Price range ~400-500 USD. Any recommendations for android tablets?

I'm looking at buying a tablet for uni, taking notes, etc.

Basically I'm leaning towards a Windows one but wanted to ask here, how good are the android tablets for productivity stuff. I'll be using it for:

- browsing the internet
- microsoft office
- taking notes
- annotating pdfs
- maaaaybe some coding

I'd like something with a good stylus that has palm rejection etc, I don't really care about pressure sensitivity though just ease of use for notes and diagrams.

Price range ~400-500 USD. Any recommendations for android tablets?

get a Surface Pro.

Holy fuck. I don't know what changed in the Facebook app but the past two days its been killing my battery. 25% usage every day.

Sadly its preinstalled bloatware on my phone, so hopefully signing out will fix it. Piece of shit.

indeed.

i suggest a refurb on ebay or cowboom.

i mean, it's that or the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition or ... uhh ... the Galaxy NotePRO 12.HUGEASFUCK

If it makes a difference I'm in New Zealand, so it would need to be international shipping. Amazon seems to have that, not sure about the rest.

Anyone got much experience with the galaxy note 10? is it good?

Top Bottom