• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Another thing I don't like about the M9,that "dual finish" metal unibody makes the phone looks like it has a permanent case on it.

What the hell has their design time been up to for a year? This entire industry is stagnating. We have gotten past the "fuck it just make it bigger and put a higher res screen in it" phase and nobody seems to know what to do next.

They're busy with smart watches and VR stuff, like Samsung and LG.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What's the issue with the m9? Same design for two years in a row?

I don't get the hate either. Phone might not be perfect, but the design is far from terrible. Plus the specs appear to be more than adequate for 95% of the world does on their phone anyways.

Agreed. It is a phone that simply wastes too much of its real estate. I guess I am stuck with a 64GB Nexus 6 this year.

Post like this boggle my mind.

Post like this boggle my mind.

How so? My complaint with the HTC is that it wastes too much real estate on things besides its screen, so I choose a phone that is almost entirely screen. If I am going to have a large phone, it might as well put that size to use for something besides a band that exists only to remind me who made the device that I already own.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
How so? My complaint with the HTC is that it wastes too much real estate on things besides its screen, so I choose a phone that is almost entirely screen. If I am going to have a large phone, it might as well put that size to use for something besides a band that exists only to remind me who made the device that I already own.

More the fact that you said you are "stuck" with the N6. Like oh the horror you have a personal computer in your pocket with more than enough processing power for everyday use with a decent camera and battery.

Maybe I'm salty, but half the posts in here these days come off as 1st World Problems.

More the fact that you said you are "stuck" with the N6. Like oh the horror you have a personal computer in your pocket with more than enough processing power for everyday use with a decent camera and battery.

Maybe I'm salty, but half the posts in here these days come off as 1st World Problems.

Understandable and valid criticism of my post. I guess I am just frustrated that nobody is making the Android phone that I wish existed.

this_guy

Maybe Sony will announce that they'll finally have a Lollipop upgrade on one of their phones in the next 6 months finally?

Or at least announce they will have an announcement regarding lollipop.

I've got lollipop now finally on my AT&T Moto X 2nd gen. There's more animations, notifications and lock screens have changed a little, and multitasking has changed just for the same of changing. I also had 2 Photos apps in my app drawer (don't mean Gallery and Photos, but 2 Photos apps side by side), but was able to google and figure out how to get rid of one. Now my Google Messenger app for SMS messages is acting up and I can't send group SMS messages without it delaying or resending multiple messages. Had to switch to Hangouts for SMS.

This could have been a thing...

8TtzJQq.jpg

Just want to fast forward past this stuff and get to the stuff I'm more curious about but all that is Q3/4.
Yeah, this is me too. I'm only interested in whatever Motorola, maybe OnePlus, and Google shows at this point, assuming nexus still exists this year. And that's only if I can get something for cheap off contract. Maybe some of those Chinese OEMs will release a nice, cheap phone with something close to the stock look and feel.

kharma45

I'm not seeing the big problem with the M9. The M8 was fantastic, let down by a poor camera and irksome power button placement. The M9 has resolved both those issues.

Yes it could do without the black HTC bar but it's not the end of the world.

I don't give a shit about the Z4 really. Sony mobile going outa bidness makes not care.

I just mean One Plus 2 and Nexus 2015 and Moto X 2015.

I mean they don't support their current flagships as it is so why not buy a phone you know for a fact won't get updates? At least you will never have to wait for updates.

Alchemy

Convince me not to buy a Moto E please. Its cheap enough that I want to impulse buy it so I have a decent Android phone for back up tethering and as a developer phone... but I need to not buy things.

Convince me not to buy a Moto E please. Its cheap enough that I want to impulse buy it so I have a decent Android phone for back up tethering and as a developer phone... but I need to not buy things.

Moto G LTE 2015 is better in pretty much every way and not much more expensive.

Top Bottom