• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
On another note, HTC is also damage controlling the lack of OIS on the M9

HTC While it doesn’t contain OIS, a combination of HTC’s own software and Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) ensure that the results are every bit as stunning, whatever the conditions.

reKon

Banned
The L's keep racking up from what I can tell. If HTC M9 would have made the obvious design change that they needed to make and improved the camera, that would have probably been my phone (despite the 144mm height).

Looks like I'm going to keep my Z3 Compact I got off contract for another year and save my T-Mobile upgrade (I expense my cell phone bill through my company). Thing is the only other future phone that I would use my upgrade on would be the next Sony flagship or a Nexus phone (unless LG makes a smaller flagship again). But, it's not like I really need to upgrade or anything. Still get brilliant battery and the phone never lags.

Furyous

HTC is so clueless it's not even funny. Surround sound? Really? On a phone? If you think 2k displays are overkill, then this is as well.

I disagree because we can hear the difference in sound. Streaming Netflix has to sound godly on that that device. Then again, I don't think 2K displays are overkill. There's a noticeable difference looking at an iPhone 5 side by side with a G3.

If one ignores the camera then the HTC M9 is a great phone. I take back shitting on the M9's camera until this is confirmed by Marquees Brownlee and Erica Griffin. Once they give it the "FUCKING SUCKS" stamp of shit then I'll ding HTC for it. Seriously, all of us need to calm down and wait for reviews for both M9 and S6/S6 Edge.

I disagree because we can hear the difference in sound. Streaming Netflix has to sound godly on that that device. Then again, I don't think 2K displays are overkill. There's a noticeable difference looking at an iPhone 5 side by side with a G3.

If one ignores the camera then the HTC M9 is a great phone. I take back shitting on the M9's camera until this is confirmed by Marquees Brownlee and Erica Griffin. Once they give it the "FUCKING SUCKS" stamp of shit then I'll ding HTC for it. Seriously, all of us need to calm down and wait for reviews for both M9 and S6/S6 Edge.

Who's we? I guarantee you on a small device like that, most people will not notice the difference in sound. You might. I probably might if I try hard enough, but no most people won't. Why do you think people still buy Beats headphones?

Hasney

I agree, I'd rather have really nice sounding speakers than a good camera. If surround sound could do it, the fuck yes.

I'd just need it in a better looking package than that thing htc have shit out...

Well, the S6 and especially the S6 Edge win on design, but the software is still not doing it for me outside of multi window.

Having Google Wallet/Samsung Pay, Google Keep/OneNote, Google Drive/OneDrive, and Hangouts/Skype all on the phone is very dumb to me and will be confusing to average consumers. Then there's the carrier shit that will definitely be added as well.

I'm not interested in the M9, so I find both companies' showings underwhelming.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Fun fact: Nokia had OIS in their high end Lumia in 2012. 8 MP, but still a great camera.

My HTC One M7 has OIS, HTC is just being extremely cheap, seems to be par for the course when it comes to anything about the M9.

Well, the S6 and especially the S6 Edge win on design, but the software is still not doing it for me outside of multi window.

Having Google Wallet/Samsung Pay, Google Keep/OneNote, Google Drive/OneDrive, and Hangouts/Skype all on the phone is very dumb to me and will be confusing to average consumers. Then there's the carrier shit that will definitely be added as well.

I'm not interested in the M9, so I find both companies' showings underwhelming.

Some of those apps have some different uses, enough where you can't just say they are the same like Samsung was doing with their own native apps.

Carrier i won't have to worry about cause T-Mobile doesn't fuck around much.

The L's keep racking up from what I can tell. If HTC M9 would have made the obvious design change that they needed to make and improved the camera, that would have probably been my phone (despite the 144mm height).

Looks like I'm going to keep my Z3 Compact I got off contract for another year and save my T-Mobile upgrade (I expense my cell phone bill through my company). Thing is the only other future phone that I would use my upgrade on would be the next Sony flagship or a Nexus phone (unless LG makes a smaller flagship again). But, it's not like I really need to upgrade or anything. Still get brilliant battery and the phone never lags.
You'll stay winning with the Z3 compact I can assure you.

I see no reason to pay the inevitable $800 price for a phone doing nothing imressive. And the camera shouldn't even be a problem at this point. As a flagship. In 2015.

HTC dropped the ball, tripped over it, and kissed Samsung's ass in one motion.

Salty that evleaks leaks were wrong

Avixph

Here are some official screenshots of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge:
  • Galaxy S6
    AxrQiCK.png

wjuYZ2c.png

N0N8tot.png

QbAo2iA.png

• Galaxy S6 Edge

Sony makes good TVs, but for the price there were much options (from Panasonic, Samsung,etc... but mainly Panasonic when they were still making plasmas).

Eh personally I would never even consider a Sony TV. It's like the 5th or 6th brand in my head when I think about getting a TV.

Dio

Banned
Eh personally I would never even consider a Sony TV. It's like the 5th or 6th brand in my head when I think about getting a TV.
Our recent purchase of a Sony TV was about 400 pounds and it has the absolute best price/performance ratio for a 42 inch lagless HDTV. Best in class when it comes to input lag, I can play Guilty Gear with friends like no one's business on it. Before, we never played it in the living room due to input lag on the older tv.

Our recent purchase of a Sony TV was about 400 pounds and it has the absolute best price/performance ratio for a 42 inch lagless HDTV. Best in class when it comes to input lag, I can play Guilty Gear with friends like no one's business on it. Before, we never played it in the living room due to input lag.

I'm not saying they're not good, but I literally have not had a friend or relative told me they have a Sony TV or buy one and Sony doesn't advertise their TVs well. Hell I go to Costco and barely even see 1 Sony TV on display. It's Samsung, LG, Vizio most of the time.

Hasney

I'm not saying they're not good, but I literally have not had a friend or relative told me they have a Sony TV or buy one and Sony doesn't advertise their TVs well. Hell I go to Costco and barely even see 1 Sony TV on display. It's Samsung, LG, Vizio most of the time.

Yeah, but when you actually go to buy a TV, you do research and find the best one for your needs, right?

That Sony comes up top of everything. It's easily the next TV I'm getting. Shame the 50" gains some lag.

Yeah, but when you actually go to buy a TV, you do research and find the best one for your needs, right?

That Sony comes up top of everything. It's easily the next TV I'm getting. Shame the 50" gains some lag.

I have done some research in the past and most of the ones in terms of bang for your buck and reviews always have Samsung or LG first.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Again to much good enough shit to survive like this.

I actually need a new t.v for my ps4 and heard people raving about their TVs.
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kdl42w705b-201402233639.htm

This thing is awesome. We have the silver one, and use it all the time for all sorts of games.
Jeez. Where can I get this in the U.S? Looks incredible.

Windows Phones don't sell enough to be considered part of the same market. Sad as they make good hardware, but ruin it by putting a dead OS on it.

Yea I know. I was seriously considering getting a 1020 just for the camera, but I couldn't justify buying a second device to lug around just for camera when I could just get a real camera.

VoxPop

Sigh was looking for a successor to my iPhone 6/M7 but Samsung and HTC have disappointed me greatly.

Samsung seems to be taking a step in the right direction but them desperately clinging to Apple's coat tails and copying everything they do just isn't fun. Not to mention Touchwiz is still a steaming pile of shit. After using the Note 4, I could never use a Samsung phone.

HTC is for some reason stuck in 2009 and producing the same old shit. The lack of a better camera and zero design change is super sad. Those original m9 concepts were beautiful and if it were anywhere close to that, I would've been super satisfied.

With Sony out of the picture and the Nexus being a joke, I really don't know where to look anymore. Maybe Google will start making their own hardware and surprise us all. Or I could just jump back to the 6S I guess.

Sigh was looking for a successor to my iPhone 6/M7 but Samsung and HTC have disappointed me greatly.

Samsung seems to be taking a step in the right direction but them desperately clinging to Apple's coat tails and copying everything they do just isn't fun. Not to mention Touchwiz is still a steaming pile of shit. After using the Note 4, I could never use a Samsung phone.

HTC is for some reason stuck in 2009 and producing the same old shit. The lack of a better camera and zero design change is super sad. Those original m9 concepts were beautiful and if it were anywhere close to that, I would've been super satisfied.

With Sony out of the picture and the Nexus being a joke, I really don't know where to look anymore. Maybe Google will start making their own hardware and surprise us all. Or I could just jump back to the 6S I guess.
we still have the oneplus 2, moto x 2015 and the new nexus device(s).

So there's still time to find something decent. That's what I'm holding out for.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

What are your phones not current doing cause I know they can browse the web, take pics, im, play games, watch videos etc... just fine.

Top Bottom