• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

brehhh I posted these things a while ago step it up!

also on the second story, I think samsung needs to do more than remove bloatware apps. The whole OS is bloat. Every time I go into the settings for a samsung phone it's just too much.

Hasney

brehhh I posted these things a while ago step it up!

also on the second story, I think samsung needs to do more than remove bloatware apps. The whole OS is bloat. Every time I go into the settings for a samsung phone it's just too much.

But a lot of the settings in settings are settings for their apps... Settings.

Hopefully that bloat execution begets more bloat execution.

ajpw

I do not understand this discussion about KK vs Lollipop.
Sure, some changes haven't pleased everyone, and some are arguably worse, but that happens all the time.
That said i'll throw my own complain, but for a change from Jellybean to KK -> GPS vs Location. Now i can't disable GPS and use wifi/data location: if i disable location i turn it off completely so when i use maps or here i have to go into settings and allow the full location mode and then change it back to only wifi/data.

Change location setting to power saving mode, this uses WiFi and mobile data only and no gps

Jigolo

leak moar m9 stuff pls. HTC, I don't really care about your health care shit. maybe when I'm past 60

We are pretty close to HTC/Samsung showing their hands and I'm sure LG will follow closely. Then begins the next long wait for OnePlus 2 and Moto X 2015 and
HTC
Nexus phone 2015.

edit: here is the samsung invitation, just came out:

XG1Qur3.jpg

Didn't the double edge pictures leak for a next premium version of the next Samsung handset?
meh this is samsung though, important to remember this. They release 700 variants of their phones. Who knows what the vanilla S6 will look like. I doubt they'll make their main flagship super gimmicky or weird. They'll leave that for some variant of some kind like the S6 Edge.

One more month till we find out though I'm sure we'll get some leaks before then.

Husker86

There is one thing I miss though (coming from a Samsung S4 rom). I can no longer "long-press" a quick setting icon to jump directly into the corresponding settings menu :(

I surely miss that.

Can you not click the text under to icon to go to the corresponding settings?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Looks like the edge feature is catching on. Yes.

Sch1sm

People still posting in the old thread is the real life parody equivalent of android fragmentation and roll outs.

They just completely ignored the hyperlink to the new OT. Special children.

Has everyone made their guess at the full specs of this years releases?

NotBacon

We are pretty close to HTC/Samsung showing their hands and I'm sure LG will follow closely. Then begins the next long wait for OnePlus 2 and Moto X 2015 and
HTC
Nexus phone 2015.

XG1Qur3.jpg

The Samsung Chin™

Drifters

HTC
Nexus phone 2015.

XG1Qur3.jpg

Anyone with a brain knows that is Glass 2.0

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ever since I updated my Nexus 4 to lollipop it's been refusing to wake up from sleep several times a day. The only fix is to reboot.

I initially thought it was shutting down, but judging by the fact the LED still blinks when it's in this state, it's not.

I looked up the issue online and apparently Google has marked the issue "obsolete" a while ago (good jon).

Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I factory reset? I've never performed one before and was wondering what gets wiped and what stays.

grmlin

Don't know about your issue, but factory reset means: welcome back to the stone age. ;) It's wiped completely.

SD Cards normally are unaffected.

VoxPop

Didn't realize Android Revolution HD for One M7 was out. Currently on a stock Lollipop rom.

Always loved ARHD and looking to go back but since Lollipop has made some nice strides and is nowhere near as ugly as KK, I'm thinking of sticking with the stock rom or going for the GPE one.

How is the new Sense on Lollipop?

_woLf

So apparently Lollipop is live for Verizon customers using S5s...

anyone who has it yet? I'm afraid to because usually when this stuff comes out it always breaks something. Can you still change the look of the text message backgrounds/windows and color schemes?

Man I have another potentially stupid question.

How the hell do I get Youtube to play videos with the screen off? I figured this would be a feature now because of Music. All I want to do, is hear Taylor Swift's new hit while I do heavy curls at the gym. But no, she has to go on some rampage about Spotify and being a crybaby yadda yadda.

Anyway, I can't find an option for it anywhere in my app. What to do?

Hasney

Man I have another potentially stupid question.

How the hell do I get Youtube to play videos with the screen off? I figured this would be a feature now because of Music. All I want to do, is hear Taylor Swift's new hit while I do heavy curls at the gym. But no, she has to go on some rampage about Spotify and being a crybaby yadda yadda.

Anyway, I can't find an option for it anywhere in my app. What to do?

You pay for Google Play music and the option appears. I was wondering why I could see it and others couldn't.

Pretty bullshit.

EDIT: Actually, an update has taken the feature away from me as well. I have to play the videos in Google Play Music now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just got my preorder invite for the Saygus V2. Should I buy this phone?

Off brand phone who's claim to fame is just the idea of dual micro sd slots.

It's probably not a bad device in and of itself, but it definitely comes off as gimmicky. I see no reason to get one when so many other devices exist even for people that perceive they need a large amount of storage.

You pay for Google Play music and the option appears. I was wondering why I could see it and others couldn't.

Pretty bullshit.

EDIT: Actually, an update has taken the feature away from me as well. I have to play the videos in Google Play Music now.
Well that stinks, figures. Thanks for the heads up.

Husker86

Pretty bullshit.

Still works for me through YouTube. No updates showing either. Even tried it on anti-streamer Swift song.

Top Bottom