• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Swiping is bliss on the iPhone's rolled glass edges, so I imagine that the S6 is like that on steroids.

Main difference is iOS relies heavily on swiping in.
it's easily the best part design wise about the iphone 6. It just feels good when your fingers roll off the edge or you slide into the screen from the edge. Also makes the design look cool when the screen is off.

NotBacon

it's easily the best part design wise about the iphone 6. It just feels good when your fingers roll off the edge or you slide into the screen from the edge. Also makes the design look cool when the screen is off.

Took the case off of my N6 for the same reason haha. feelsgoodman.jpg

GF has the iphone 6 and threw it into a case that has the blocky look of the iphone 5.
1. WHY
2. It makes edge swiping almost impossible.

Took the case off of my N6 for the same reason haha. feelsgoodman.jpg

GF has the iphone 6 and threw it into a case that has the blocky look of the iphone 5.
1. WHY
2. It makes edge swiping almost impossible.
I'll never get the people that aren't construction workers getting ugly ass boxy ass cases. I guess they just don't know nice cases exist?

Naked is still best. Unless you plan on reselling. Even still it's a maybe.

Voror

So, got the LG G3 as was recommended. Still fiddling with it, but so far so good I guess.

I have to find a new text messaging app though, as something about the Verizon one just bugs me.

NotBacon

So, got the LG G3 as was recommended. Still fiddling with it, but so far so good I guess.

I have to find a new text messaging app though, as something about the Verizon one just bugs me.

Goddammit Verizon. Making people use your shitty app by default.
Now I'm imagining others who don't even know you can change your texting app, who think it's completely normal for their texting app to suck on Android...

Yeah burn it with fire and switch to Google Messenger.

Hangouts is kinda garbage for SMS if you text and gchat the same people often.

Are you referring to the situation where someone uses hangouts on their desktop but uses a non android phone to send texts? Otherwise I dont see how it could be garbage.

Huawei Nexus phone leaked.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Jkjk

reKon

Banned
I get tired of seeing that line "this is the nicest android phone anyone has ever built" multiple times in a year

And the 2nd paragraph bothers me. They're talking about no other company has designed a phone with such polish and great industrial design as if the HTC One line never existed.

Scalibur

Lines up with this.
David Ruddock
Shared publicly • Yesterday 10:50 AM
Having spoking to several people in the loop on Snapdragon 810 at MWC this year, I can pretty much confirm the chip hasQualcomm in full-on damage control.

Partners had no idea until the last minute that Snapdragon 820 would be announced at the show, and the general consensus on 810 is that of a significant misstep. Qualcomm is deeply worried that it will lose partners long-term who may end up getting burned (pun intended) by giving 810 their design win, and even had Peter Chou of HTC up there selling Snapdragon during the MWC press conference.

I've also heard at least one partner may drop 810 from their portfolio, instead opting for 808, which has a less aggressive dual-core A57 layout (with quad A53s). This version of the chip also will benefit from the revisions Qualcomm has made to its A57/A53 architecture to avoid the kind of thermal issues that legitimately plague the 810.

Essentially, Qualcomm will probably not provide a legitimate competitor to Samsung's 7400-series Exynos this year,and if they do, it won't happen until very late in the year, with mainstream Snapdragon 820 phones hitting the market probably in early 2016. Qualcomm isn't on a failing trajectory by any means, but their 2015 flagship-tier SoCs are unlikely to impress versus those from Apple or Samsung.

Flagships from Motorola, HTC, and LG could all end up with suboptimal solutions this year because Qualcomm overpromised on 810 and categorically underdelivered.

https://plus.google.com/113781386215450614303/posts/YVf8PRQ6Sqg

Wreav

Banned
If the S6 had a removable or metal back, it would be such a fucking no brainer this year. Killer SOC, great cameras, awesome screen as usual, much improved biometrics.

But that fucking...glass...back...

This is just terrible for everyone trying to get off the ground. The rich will get richer.

Fuck you Qualcomm

Edit: The OEMS should just be using the 805 at this point.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow, that's awesome that you can change the colors of Touchwiz on the S6. The toggles do look so much better in grey.

Avixph

If the S6 had a removable or metal back, it would be such a fucking no brainer this year. Killer SOC, great cameras, awesome screen as usual, much improved biometrics.

But that fucking...glass...back...
If they would have used a metal back then they wouldn't have wireless charging, but if they would have used a faux leather back like in the Galaxy Note series the phone would have been better than it is right now.

NotBacon

I tried the iPhones at the Apple store today and I will never an iOS fanboy's lag comments seriously ever again ✋✋

I hope your missing words are what I think they are...

iPhone 6 definitely has its hiccups and laggy moments. I'd put it on par with my N6, and below my N5.

It's a BS card that was only applicable before the Nexus 5 essentially.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Swiping is bliss on the iPhone's rolled glass edges, so I imagine that the S6 is like that on steroids.

Main difference is iOS relies heavily on swiping in.
Nexus 4 did it first.

If I was Qualcomm I'd be heavily subsidizing the Snapdragon 805 and point partners towards that instead. It sounds like they could end up pissing off their manufacturing partners due to the issues the Snapdragon 810 is running into which could hurt the bottom line moving into the future.

In other news Huawei's devices in the US will be running completely stock Android. That decision alone makes them stand out to me and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their devices down the road.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/3/8140837/huawei-watch-design-interview-mwc-2015

Top Bottom