• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Nearly everyone is scrapping microsd cards on the high-end it seems.

They're too slow compared to the high speed internal drives manufacturers can use now. And now that storage capacity is 32GB min compared to like 8 from a few years ago, it makes sense to leave it out to maintain a more seamless experience.

I recently flash Lollipop onto my OnePlus One. It is incredibly fast and the battery performance is absolutely great.

Anything else I can do to get even better performance?

What rom? I've been holding off and staying on 44S until something stable came about

Shiggy

Paranoid Android for my S3 is restarting several times a day? Anything I can do about it? TouchWiz is way too slow. Cyanogenmod had some issues with apps like Whatsapp and Skype disappearing and not letting me reinstall them.

Are these common issues with Paranoid Android and Cyanogenmod or is this just an issue with my S3? Was looking into buying a OnePlus One but the lack of reliable warranty scares me off a bit. The Moto G 2. Gen looks like a cheap alternative for 120€ and it's dual sim - would do the job for me for now I believe as I only need Chrome, Skype, Whatsapp, Maps, and Youtube.

HTC One M9 Plus?

JkWQUK6.jpg

Maybe? Maybe not? Does anyone care?

Paranoid Android for my S3 is restarting several times a day? Anything I can do about it? TouchWiz is way too slow. Cyanogenmod had some issues with apps like Whatsapp and Skype disappearing and not letting me reinstall them.

Are these common issues with Paranoid Android and Cyanogenmod or is this just an issue with my S3? Was looking into buying a OnePlus One but the lack of reliable warranty scares me off a bit. The Moto G 2. Gen looks like a cheap alternative for 120€ and it's dual sim - would do the job for me for now I believe as I only need Chrome, Skype, Whatsapp, Maps, and Youtube.

LG G2 has consistently been going for about 200 bucks lately. Pretty good buy w/ great battery life.

no issues w/ my OPO thus far, and not seeing anything on the horizon that justifies flagship $$$

Triple chin AND a samsung home button?

Go away HTC.

HTC is on that lean

Shiggy

LG G2 has consistently been going for about 200 bucks lately. Pretty good buy w/ great battery life.

no issues w/ my OPO thus far, and not seeing anything on the horizon that justifies flagship $$$

Would be looking at German prices and the LG G2 is at 250€ over there - for 50€ more I could just get the OPO. Thinking about getting a cheap Moto G right now and something better later on. After the S3 I'm feeling a bit burned about buying a phone at a high price - the TouchWiz software was just total crap and the phone became worse and worse. With all the hype around the S6 and Edge, I'm still confident that I will not buy a Samsung phone for the forseeable future.

Wreav

Banned
I can't imagine that S3 to S6 transition. Wife just ditched her S3 a month ago or so, and it had turned into an utter POS.

Hasney

I can't imagine that S3 to S6 transition. Wife just ditched her S3 a month ago or so, and it had turned into an utter POS.

My housemate did the same thing just before the 2 year mark as hers was rebooting like mad. Needed a new battery and fixed it up, but it seemed to go quite quick.

gcubed

I'm late on the n6 only, but it makes perfect sense. It can't continue to grow like that, or maybe it could, but you need to have both hardware and software control to do what they are doing. Seamless switching between CDMA and GSM? Auto reconnect drops, WiFi handoff, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a very cheap package deal with their new nexus phones, it's not going to be a big player and google already said this.

Att and Verizon can't say no, they are required to allow MVNOs, but obviously the price is much higher when they get involved.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Why ya'll clowning on HTC looks? The M8 was the best looking phone last year, and the M9 looks gorgeous. The flaws are the camera (looks like that hasn't been fixed), the extra length (not a big deal with all the gestures), and HTC software support. They promised a whole lot of things (like 90 days from final code to flagship upgrade) that haven't panned out. That's probably the biggest reason to avoid their phones.

But looks? That's all subjective, but I think they're generally recognized by the industry as being cream of the crop design-wise for the One series.

this_guy

Why ya'll clowning on HTC looks? The M9 was the best looking phone last year, and the M9 looks gorgeous. The flaws are the camera (looks like that hasn't been fixed), the extra length (not a big deal with all the gestures), and HTC software support. They promised a whole lot of things (like 90 days from final code to flagship upgrade) that haven't panned out. That's probably the biggest reason to avoid their phones.

But looks? That's all subjective, but I think they're generally recognized by the industry as being cream of the crop design-wise for the One series.

The Galaxy S6 looks better to me. HTC still has too much bezzle.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The Galaxy S6 looks better to me. HTC still has too much bezzle.

Yeah, I think this year the S6 might take the crown, but the M9 is still a looker.

M8 probably took home more awards in terms of designs/looks than any other phone last year. Of course, personal opinions and all, but I was talking about general consensus.

Would be looking at German prices and the LG G2 is at 250€ over there - for 50€ more I could just get the OPO. Thinking about getting a cheap Moto G right now and something better later on. After the S3 I'm feeling a bit burned about buying a phone at a high price - the TouchWiz software was just total crap and the phone became worse and worse. With all the hype around the S6 and Edge, I'm still confident that I will not buy a Samsung phone for the forseeable future.

ahh ok, gotcha.

Yeah I don't blame you on waiting to buy something else down the road. For me I feel like if it doesn't check all the boxes in what I want in a phone including waterproofing, then the OPO is a good bet for me for a while.

faster chips are cool and all, but shit even my snapdragon 600 m7 on 2GB ram was butter smooth. 801 64GB & 3GB RAM w/ 5-6 hrs SOT is just fine for me. Only thing I miss is boomsound and IR capability, but the M7 is still kicking just fine.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Guys, I reserved a black S6 Edge(wanted the green one but Canada won't be getting those for a few months), am I already dead(because I'm moving to Samsung)?

Furyous

Guys, I reserved a black S6 Edge(wanted the green one but Canada won't be getting those for a few months), am I already dead(because I'm moving to Samsung)?

Nah, we'll let you cook. I'm a Samsung hater but love what you want to love. Now if you start calling people iSheep then we've got problems considering the S6's design aesthetics and amount of owners waiting in line....

What version are you buying and is it off contract?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Nah, we'll let you cook. I'm a Samsung hater but love what you want to love. Now if you start calling people iSheep then we've got problems considering the S6's design aesthetics and amount of owners waiting in line....

What version are you buying and is it off contract?

I used to be a Samsung hater(and maybe still am), but I really wanted to upgrade this year and HTC dropped the ball hard with the M9, so I decided to go with the Edge.

Getting the 32GB version on contract, off contract pricing is more than I'm willing to pay.

Top Bottom